FTP opportunities to grind

IF a feature is truly catering to FTP players, then it only makes sense that FTP be given a real opportunity to slog it out and grind hard for that feature.

I have NO ISSUE with people paying so long as FTP get this opportunity to slog it out.

Grinding for gems is not what I am talking about here because we are already spread too thin as it is between events and Atlantis - we can’t afford one more outlet into Costumes which don’t offer the HOTM opportunity. Unless gem opportunities increase significantly.

As someone else said, rewards should be the same but the LENGTH of time to obtain them should be different.

In that vein, there should be at least 1 or 2 more Costume quests per month.

But this concept applies to EVERYTHING.

13 Likes

You’re right, and you can apply your personal suggest on Small Giant suggestion box:

Thank you kindly for your concern.

15 Likes

I’m hoping in the future they broaden the base of availability. After the raid tournament reward PR fiasco im sure they would rather start small and add extra (goodwill) then offer too many options and then cut back. We will still end up in the same spot except one scenario SGG looks good, the other a loser

1 Like

Ouch, Rebel Leader… Even though that’s probably not too far from reality, why you gotta do First Speaker @FrenziedEye in like that? XD

3 Likes

Truth can hurt, we must prepare :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Fully agree to OP. There number of 5* heroes is increasing rapidly while there are still only twenty which can be obtained without spending gems. In addition to that many 4* heroes with unique features (mana stop, colour specific def debuff,…) can also only be summoned. Now costumes…

More ways to grind for things does not mean that everyone should have all the shiny great heroes (and costumes). It only means that very active (and skillful) playing and patience should be rewarded a little more.

In the case of costumes it means that more than just six keys per month can be obtained - maybe by completing a special monthly mission that gives a few extra keys, maybe as occasional extra loot in high provinces, maybe by allowing keys or costumes to be crafted (at a very high food and/or iron cost + by maybe using rare crafting materials like grimore dust and dragon bones)

4 Likes

All we need is TC21 to produce costumes and TC22 with a chance for HotMs older than a year.

17 Likes

True. Won’t hurt the game economy and will add a lot of fun. Those who badly want a certain costume won’t wait months until it finally pops out of TC21. They will summon immediately. Same with old HoTM: I’d be happy with at least 80 % of them while a whale who is still lacking Gravemaker won’t stop spending until he gets GM when he is featured.

2 Likes

In fairness if costumes or HOTM make their way to TC21 or TC22 it still might impact spending but I think it would be marginal and in any event any ‘loss’ would surely be made up for with Season 3 heroes.

If Season 3 heroes and 2020 HOTM are very much stronger (define stronger…) then what I said doesn’t apply as there will be zero demand for old HOTM.

In a sense our only hope for old HOTM and costume inclusions in TCs very much depends on future HOTM and S3 heroes being imbalanced

20 Shameless plugs

1 Like

I agree that the direct loss would be marginal as most C2P I know have a more or less fixed budget and won’t spend much more or less only if a certain feature is added. Whales or in general players who chase things they want to have immediately don’t want to wait for several/many months, they want it now (in spite of what S3 might offer, Athena, Alberich, Gravemaker and a few others will probably still be among the most desired heroes)

What I think is more important than direct cost is the impact on player happiness and the fun factor of the game. If things can be obtained by grinding, people will stay interested and keep up trying to get those things, be it costumes, old HotM, TC20 heroes. However, when there is a point from which most progress has to be bought, they get more and more frustrated and quit. A player who quits won’t spend anything anymore and is the biggest loss for SGG.

As someone who had been playing very actively for more than 2 years, I have almost reached that point. I have 16/20 trainable 5* heroes and all trainable 3*/4* heroes. All 3*/4* Atlantis heroes. SH23 and apart from Alchemy Lab most advanced buildings either maxed or on a high level. S2 completed on both modes. If I were strictly F2P there would be hardly any progress anymore until S3 comes out and maybe (depending on how it is going to work) Hero Academy.

A way to grind for at least a few more costumes per month could bridge the gap until HA and/or S3 are released.

4 Likes

F2p will never bee happy. Will find away to complain. but everything moves forward do you think a new hero is going to be the same as a S1 hero? At least with costume there is a way to improve a S1 hero but still not happy.

FTP will be happy. I am!!!
20 :smiley:

1 Like

This is exactly what they use for suggestions by players.

20 Trashcans

1 Like

That’s cool! Respect enjoy playing

1 Like

I’m Noble Weasel, and I approve both of these messages (as if anybody cares).

Voted. Thanks for pointing out the thread.

Agree with this wholeheartedly, and I’m afraid I can see that point just over the horizon. Not been playing as long as you (just over a year), but I’m already starting to run out of good heroes to level, especially in green, where I have yet to pull a legendary. I have pinned a lot of hopes on January, where I’ll be using all my EHTs (currently 12) to try for Christmas heroes, all my challenge coins (hoping to be close to 100 or so by then) to try for Falcon and Jackal, and some combination of Atlantis coins and gems to try for Wilbur and Proteus (with the pipe dream of getting Kunchen, who would be a perfect tank for me). With that many pulls, I hope to also land Vela somewhere in the mix. Not a world beater, but better than Thorne, who is my only blue legendary right now. But if most of that goes bust, S3 better be freakin’ amazing to keep me engaged. And I say that as someone who enjoys this game very much.

5 Likes