Frustrated with raids

Thank you and @ Homaclease for sharing your tactics.

I use L. Wool+20 for fast healing, Leonidas+15 for Damage plus mana control, costumed Rana because she cleanse at least three and packs quite a nice DoT, costumed Joon+9 and Uraeus+20. With sorcerers 4% mana boost talent node and a lvl11 mana troop he is firing in 9 tiles. If I mange to kill Bera before she fires I usually win, if she fires I will loose 9 out of 10 fights. I am looking forward for the patch for Elradir. After the bug is fixed I could try 3-2 with three yellows and Elradir and Hansel+20 maybe a fast mana controller will be better than Leo. Gretel+20 is my only other good mana controller, but in my opinion inferior to Leo same with Chao+18 and Li Xiu+20 with full costume bonus. Li Xiu was my yellow Tank before I got costumed Rana. She is more annoying then dangerous and often does not buy a full turn with her mana cut.
So waiting for Elradir to be fixed and praying to summon Gormeks costume next costume chamber.

Happy Gaming

1 Like

I had pretty good tiles, but here is an example of how a team like this would work. Removed ametrine as i didnā€™t need a dispeller

1 Like

I started getting mono down like many players: to blow holes in tanks. This ended up making raids an easy 4/5 win strategy and wars too after developing teams and strategy. Raid formations interrupted mono dominance in that format, but itā€™s still great in wars overall when you get the hang of turning a terrible starting board around. All this aside I will always be a team builder. Best team is 5 color (you get what you get largely in this game and I got Ariel, Telluria, Sif, Alfrike, and Baldur maxed first), 2nd team pairs Ratotaskr and Zocc and 3rd Raphael with Frosth (the other 3 colors depending on opponent). I have to admit Mono blue with Loki, Glenda, and Frosth and mono holy with two Gullinbursti have been the most fun so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

Emilio is awesome, I think I should max my teo Proteus asap. Got them in game and ā€žforgotā€œ about themā€¦

Happy Gaming

5 raids using the mana control/heal/dispel team. Not exactly the config you mentioned but all close to top tier defenses

For me mana control and good healers are the key to victory when I donā€™t have access to my minion counters

1 Like

I am truly amazed at people. No need for that response. Arenā€™t these forums ment for discussion?

Except no one wins if both sides kill each other off which is really my point.

The town keeps its treasure as the raiders have nobody left to physically take it. So it makes sense that the raider does not get the loot. They do however get the hero chest kill count, which is the more important aspect

I am merely stating a fact: Dev thought about it when they conceptualised Raids. If they didnā€™t factor in the concept of a ā€œDrawā€, followed by a Rematch (another chance to get at the win loot), then it wonā€™t happen.

The team that is still standing, when the timer expires, wins.

The team that survives the longest wins, even if the last standing enemy dies 1 sec after your last attack hero dies.

Itā€™s programmed this way from get go.

What you are suggesting is more of an Idea to partially revamp the current concept of Raids. Wrong topic then.

Devs decided that tie goes to the defense. :woman_shrugging: yeah, itā€™s arbitrary but it saves from having something convoluted happen with a draw. What would a draw mean?

There is a precedence in at least one sport I can think of. In baseball, tie goes to the runner. Again, itā€™s arbitrary, but itā€™s another situation that canā€™t really handle a tie so it has to be one way or the other. They made the rule so itā€™s consistent for everyone.

Tie going to the defense in EP battles should benefit everyone approximately the same over time - you donā€™t see how many battles youā€™ve won because of this rule

The board patterns have not gotten any better. I have moved just just do revenge raids. My win rate has fallen to between 25-30%. Before I get a bunch of people talking about changing my heros. I have done that . I am trying to match my heros to the team I am fighting. My heros are not bad compared to most of the teams I play. I still have a limited selection. My favorite team is below. I am dependant on being able to charge up my purple before I get killed off with this team. My problem is almost all of my stronger heros are purple. I am working in a few but resources are limited. I still feel like there is an issue with how the boards generate. I know tons of people have looked at this but this is my experience. I have been watching this in my own games.

With 3 purple heroes in my team too, Iā€™m totally agree with you. 60-70% of my initial boards are colors not present in my team, I mean, blue and green. With these color heroes I would win all raids.

This is the team I use almost exclusively for raiding these days, shelving all of my 5*s for wars/PvE. I win about 60-70% of my raids overall, against random opponents (I pick whoever yields over 20k ham, be it a semi-4* roster or a Friggodin Krampus meta comp). I find it a good example of the following points relevant to raiding:

1. Itā€™s not all about having the top tier heroes. This is a full roster of 4*s dismantling state-of-the-art 5* defenses. Admittedly, theyā€™re blinged out to the max, but they are able to tackle similar levels of bling on 5*s.

2. Itā€™s not all about lucking out on tiles with mono either. Thatā€™s one way to win, but not necessarily the only one.

3. Team composition is key. You generally want a cleanser/healer (Rigard), an attack buff (also Rigard), a defense debuff (Tibs, but also Mist in a sense), a dispel (Ametrine), and damage sources of your choice (in my case thatā€™s Chao/Ametrine). Depending on the enemy, you want to mix and match colours and specials. In some cases you donā€™t really need a dispel, and can bring different utility instead. Analyse your opponent, and try to counter what they do!

4. Synergies are important. Generally, you want the following to happen: when all of your heroes go off, none of them duplicate the otherā€™s effects, and some of them amplify the others instead. Consider the following sequence: Rigard cleanses everyone and buffs the attack, Tiburtus drops defense, Mist further drops special defense (stacking two debuffs), Ametrine nukes the whole team, Chao picks off a straggler if necessary. Sure, you wonā€™t always get the necessary full number of tiles, but even the purples alone have a degree of synergy (Rigard, Tibs, Ametrine at 2x charge occurs simultaneously and is usually enough for at least one kill).

5. Advanced team planning is possible to go the extra mile. I have traded the advantage of going mono (massive tile damage) for a second colour that allows me to stall until I get my tiles. If I donā€™t get my purples out the gate, yellows allow me to pretty much halt mana generation on 4 heroes and buy an extra 4 turns to work the board. Sometimes just the yellows are enough to pick off a troublesome target - Chao charges incredibly fast once his mana steal gets going on a tank, and on the 4th turn of the effect I can drop a huge off-colour cascade on them without fear of retaliation.

This is just an example - for a while, Iā€™ve used a simpler 3/2 team such as Boldtusk, Scarlett, Grimm, Sonya, Kelile (which follows the same principles and is 100% vanilla 4*s).

Donā€™t fall into the trap of always trying to fit your shiniest heroes into your offense - instead, see what tools you have, and combine them into a well-oiled machine.

3 Likes

I am totally sick and tired of these raids. I have a decent fire team and a decent ice team. Whenever I color stack I loose 99 percent of them. What is the point of color stacking when they give you 3 to 5 related tiles per turn. Then the enemy gets 3 or 5 hits off to my one? The programmers claim that these tiles are random. Baloney!!! Iā€™ll bring 3-1-1 of any element, letā€™s say ice. The game generates nature tiles and covers the board with it. Iā€™ll switch and go in with fire and the boards are 90% ice and holy. I have tried to switch it up but to no avail. Itā€™s like the game has already decided if Iā€™m going to win or not. Makes me wonder why I continue to play it. Oh yeah because my alliance members depend on my guidance as they learn how to play this obviously lop sided game. I understand it needs to be challenging, but not to the point of being impossible. If I can tell within three moves if Iā€™m going to win, thatā€™s not random. You programmers need to fix this problem that seems to worsen with each update. I have heard that people who have played a long tome have quit because it is no longer fun. Like I said before, I would quit, but too many people depend on me. Please address this issue and really do make it random. Also, how is it Iā€™ve not met one person that has lasted more than 3 days in the raid tournament? Iā€™m usually out by the 2nd day. Even with my fully gridded 4* team against some not fully gridded. How is it that my fully gridded 4* raid teams consistently place in the top 75 percent and not 80 or 90? I donā€™t expect to be the top ALL the time, but not at the bottom ALL time too. It is very frustrating since when I started out I didnā€™t expect to be good since I was still developing my line-up. Now that my line up is pretty solid 854 days later. To be consistently beaten in raids and some tournaments is really disheartening to see that color stacking doesnā€™t work, element linking doesnā€™t work and the boards that obviously switch elements as I switch heroes. How am I as an alliance leader/owner supposed to be positive for my newbies when Iā€™m pretty much disgusted by how the programmers have stacked the game.

1 Like

I think it works out OK with raids. Im still fairly new. Playing 6 months. I have a solid mono team for each color for my level. Maxed and emblemed 4 star, 5 starā€¦one maxed, but several 3/70. My teams are generally 3700-3900 in power. I occasionally reach diamond and stay around 2100-2200 trophies. Fill my raid chest. Win more often than not against teams 4200-4600. Sometimes you get a few stinkers in a row. If you just get enraged and close the app, thatā€™s your impressionā€¦the game cheats you. But, if you keep trudging along, you usually wind up on top. I think it all averages out with consistent play.

3 Likes

I liked your breakdown. My purple team or yellow team are my most fun because of the synergy.

Max and emblemed - Tiburtus, Proteus and costume Rigard. 3/70 seshat and 3/50 hannah. This team annihilates many team. Even those off color. Hannah and Ses go off first. Hannah slapping on fiends and dropping their attack. Ses doing her thing and getting minions. Their attack down lets me withstand any hits that may come before the next match. Then comes the next match with Rigard buffing up Tibs hit and then using proteus to hit anyone I donā€™t want firing. that buys me enough time to make more matches and end it. Just ghost tiles until the last couple fall. Winner. I need a really really bad board to have this fall apart.

My yellow may be even better with Mist, jackel, akkorog, gulli and either wu or kvasir. yesā€¦3 star running against 4400 teams. But, these are my options and the first four alone just control the scene. mist, then jackel, then akkorog. sometimes jackel first. either way, always pleasing.

Just did 9 raids. Won 3 lost six. Iā€™ve been playing alot longer than 6 months 874 days to be exact. Some members of my alliance have noticed the game is easier on the newbies. And Iā€™ve been beaten by 3900 teams against my 4618. No way a team that weak should be able to beat mine.

I think I am done with this game. I have reached a point that I spend to much time and money to be so frustrated every time I play. I can handle losing but what I cannot handle is the total frustration with the boards and loosing. I M tired of loosing 70-75 % of all raids no mater my team configuration or type of raid. I have been tracking the board I have gotten for a month and it does not matter what configuration I use my color stack color does not show up nearly as often as it should. Right now 5 out of every 6 raids produce boards that have 4 or less tiles of my stacked color and require me to withstand to many attacks from my enemy before my heros are charged. Even when I eventually get my color they are so spread out that I canā€™t match them. It does not matter if I spend meat to find weaker teams or attack whichever team it randomly selects. It does not matter if I just do revenge raids which I have been doing for. Weeks. I cannot seem to win more than about 30%. I do not mind grinding but this is absolutely rediculus. I recognize that SGG does not care about 1 player and I am not suggesting that some how the game is rigged against me but I firmly believe based on my experience the boards are producing the colors at at a rate that is different than it was before.

Can you record 6 consecutive raids so we can also see these boards you are getting?

I can try. I have tried before but cannot seem to get it to work very well.