Frigg needs a big nerf

Thing is if numbers increase the difference gap within P2W and F2P will increase greatly and even will be hard for C2P players to keep up. In the end this will 100% effect player numbers on long run. Ir is a very dangerous strategy for overall game health imo

1 Like

HOTM used to be comparable to season 2 heroes. After Clarissa they haven’t released any as good as some of the previous ones, meanwhile the season 3 heroes have been stronger than the previous heroes. I’m not advocating nerfing anyone, but they need to stop being afraid to release powerful HOTM again.

2 Likes

They are in the business of making money. If there was no difference between f2p, c2p, and p2p, they’d go broke, which would end the game entirely.

2 Likes

Clarissa sucked too. They needed her to crap before the release. She should have had the same stats and DOT as Gravemaker and she would have been good. They had her there temporarily and that would have made her good. But then the nerfed her DOT below Gravemaker and it made her weaker than she should have been.

I’ve feared facing teams with Gravemaker but I’ve never feared facing a team with Clarissa. Her damage over time is easy for any strong team to handle. Gravemaker’s damage over time makes me worry a lot more

4 Likes

Let’s compare Frigg with Gravemaker. Gravemaker is a good tank/flank/wing hero. Guess what, Frigg is better than him in every position. She is the best Tank/Flank currently and better than Finley in Wing position. Her firing + 1 more AOE special can potentially finish off a team.
This is crazy, if she don’t need a nerf, I don’t know why any hero past/present has gotten a nerf.

1 Like

She’s awesome. I love fighting against her. It’s fun and challenging. And if I lose I lose. She’s a great hero! Congrats to those that have her. This game would be so boring if there were no hard players to Raid against. The Telly Vela meta was broken. The nerf stink but it was needed. This is different. She presents a fun challenge.

Great job SG :clap:

2 Likes

GM is also multiple years old. So, one of the newest heroes in the game being better than him doesn’t seem too shocking or unacceptable.

1 Like

I think it’s unfortunately true that the era of strong hotm is over.

1. I think SG wants to more tightly associate power with rarity. HOTM aren’t too hard to get since they’re in every portal. So, it looks like easier to get now equals less powerful. We already knew not all 5* were created equal.

2. They don’t ever want another Telluria/Vela debacle. Less powerful HOTM also avoids this pitfall.

Uraeus (Feb HOTM) is the strongest in a while but it’s highly likely he’ll be lobotomized too before release. “This is the way.”

Are you serious?

I sometimes misunderstand if someone is being facetious online.

3 Likes

Name me one hero better than her in the mentioned position

4pkgmb

1 Like

Finley!

Finley 20 times.

2 Likes

Finley is by far the best wing in the game. As far as flanks, Frigg is great, but so is Vela, GM and Killhare. Frigg may be fast but her special is contingent on the boards.

2 Likes

Finley at wing: vulnerable to Mitsuko and depends heavily on enemy buff.
Frigg: vulnerable to no one and not dependent on enemy buff. Sure, if there is little green then Frigg inflicts less damage, but she just needs 5/6 green tiles to inflict more damage than Finley.

4 Likes

I think even at max damage (8 greens) Finley still does more total damage than Frigg. But at max damage her defense down is more significant than his.

1 Like

Have enough people spent enough money that we can nerf her and move to the next?

2 Likes

Immediately after Frigg’s release, I was horrified by her strength, but now, no matter what color the tanks on the defense team are, I’m using a 4-1 green stack, so it’s less of a threat. The heart of the green stack is C.Kadilen.

SG has released a couple of very strong heroes recently, Frigg being the most obvious one. Right now there are three players in the top 10 which are off for more than an hour (Frigg / BK / Odin, Frigg / BK / Zeline and Vanda / Bera / Odin). Two of which were #1 during the last 10 minutes.

Given the rarity of these heroes, this is indicative of their strength. Will be interesting to see how SG handles this given how disruptive the GTV issue was. Was the GTV issue more one of strength or availability according to their judgement?

Availability!

It’s fine to have strong heroes that are regularly in the top spots. It’s impossible to release a steady stream of interesting heroes with new abilities and maintain perfect balance with all other heroes. There will always be some heroes at the top of the heap, and that’s normal.

Telluria and Vela were every top team in the top 100 almost (and much much more outside that). It’s not just that they were strong but they were strong and “everybody” had them.

1 Like

I ran into this one and yes it was particularly brutal. Started with 3blue/2yellow and not a decent board. Frigg did an 800+ shot and Odin was something like 600 two turns later. That’s not survivable damage.

Krampus in place of BK that was mentioned in other posts is not very concerning. Green is strong against him, green has many dispels, and running green makes Frigg less lethal.

So the best switch here, for the heroes I have, is Evelyn/Lianna/C-Melendor/Joon/Jackal. Avoid hitting BK with tiles, you are eliminating Frigg/Odin tiles, and have dispels as well as a def down counter.

Regarding synergy. The worst thing that SGG could do is keep releasing a hero of each color with a similar effect. A rainbow defense stacked with such heroes, a couple of which will do 4k+ unmitigated damage if allowed to fire and there is no way to counter all of them. That’s just silly, you’re back to running moron-mono and/or hoping for good or amazing boards.

3 Likes