Frigg needs a big nerf

Have SG stop wasting money on new heroes and start having them remodel the old ones while adding additional content that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. It isn’t that hard, if they are willing to try. Other apps/games are doing it, so why not them?

5 Likes

I imagine Lord Loki made a mint!
Was it because he is OP?

Unique Skills

This is what I would like to see while maintaining balance! There are too many heroes that meet the standard of 5* because of their stats, only… While their skills are almost unplayable…

And then a handful of heroes that really aren’t monstrously over powered. But, they do have a skill that doesn’t belong in their speed bracket.

I don’t see that SG needs to continuously break the game in order to make money.

This will be more challenging. As you are not taking the lazy approach of creating stronger and stronger remakes.

Do you remember in the beginning? Damage-all AoE’s were slow.
Hit-3 AoE were average.
And snipers were fast.

Now Damage-all has skipped average.
Went straight to fast speed…!
And has def down!
How does this trend have a favorable outcome when TC’s deliver only S1’s without costumes?
When my roster becomes obsolete,
I’m done…
While the current model is, spending money to stay competitive!?!
How many will continue hemorrhaging their bank accounts, and for how long?

But…
Imagine, if there were 500 five star heroes, who all had unique abilities that were relatively balanced with each other

What would the landscape look like?
How much variety would there be?
Would you enjoy that experience?
Would continue playing?
And give money towards it, when something that looks fun comes along?
I would stick around and continue paying for such a high quality product.

While this super creep business model for people who can afford Rolls Royce, are driving on a dead-end road.

Frigg and Odin’s have unique skills!
I celebrated that.
However… their fast speed does not give much time to work boards and limit their skill. I don’t care that they are fast. But… after playing against them enough times I’m starting to see that the Frigg should be punished harder when I clear the board of greens. Because when I don’t… I get my pants pulled down by a fast hero.

Meanwhile, we need another 50 or so heroes buffed, like the last update.

4 Likes

Guys… every time i open the chart, M23 is about first or second in the leaderboard.
Curious, isn’t it?

And now i start see other people emblem a second.
C’mon.

4 Likes

We can’t use imagination as the basis for argument. And, for every successful unique hero, there’s probably 5 failed ones we’ll never see. Point being, it’s not easy to keep add new mechanics and keep them balanced. For example, Marie had a cool and fresh mechanic but she’s not very usable.

So if you’re expecting SG to meet your call and release a steady stream of unique, balanced heroes, it’s just not going to happen. If they could, they’d be doing it already.

1 Like

QoH is still exceptional in minion teams even without PiB. Her taunt can’t be dispelled and you can bury the card under other minions.

Not really comparable but I don’t feel like Misandra was ever that good.

She definitely does lol.

Maybe, but original Vela doesn’t exist anymore. I see Zeline in more elite defenses than Vela though.

Apples to oranges there. Ariels only weakness is her slightly dated stats. She is still super relevant though and while her mana boost is slightly weaker at Odin’s max, she’s way more consistent.

2 Likes

Yes, it is true…
I am a dreamer :pensive:
And my argument can be dismissed by focusing on a single word:

At least you don’t dismiss as most do,
By explaining that your opposition doesn’t know how to play.

To bolster my imagination: of a balanced game, where rosters that take years to develop can be enjoyed long afterwards.
A balanced game, teeming with variety!

I would add that SG, has already spoken of balance as being an on-going process:

[Balance and Variety - #12 by Pompitous]

And showed good faith through previous balance actions! Despite a strong clamoring against…

Most likely because you’re right:

With each new mechanism, somewhere else a gear starts wobbling… and so there is a need to pursue balance!

Just because it is difficult
Does not mean it is unworthy
And that we should simply give up
Then cater to those who want to drive their Rolls Royce off a cliff edge

1 Like

Judging by the amount of ninjas, and new S3 heroes we are all seeing in play: This threat is even more empty now than the last time it was made before Telly was nerfed.
Yep, #nospend really took off eh?

So then…
Why is the game still alive?

Because of whales spending money?
Or…
Because this is a good game?

It’s not a threat to say, that if the answer is the latter, balance is an ingredient

1 Like

New heroes aren’t a waste of money for them though, they’re hugely profitable. While I would love to see them rework old heroes, this doesn’t generate any revenue for them and instead would cost them a ton of money in planning, design, testing, coding, testing etc.

Again, I’d love to see it happen but I don’t ever expect it.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I hope you’re right. I’d love to see them make the time investment to really strive for a harmonious balance.

Thanks for sharing your side :vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

Lol you sarcastic sarcastic man hahahaha

Very very funny

Some of the top teams in global leader board are actually sending some signals…raided a team with Frigg BK Odin a few hours ago, when I checked several hours later the same player was still within top 100 but then had reduced the team to just the trio taking out the wings…how else can it be explained?..imo this is sending similar synergy signal as GTV…Frigg & Odin in a team =>pre-nerfed Tel Vel…

1 Like

C justice being a much better version of guardian owl when people have been begging for owl to be fixed for so long

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Mr.Spock. You are a highly respected forum user, and you have my utmost respect as well! I would much rather have you as a debate partner than opponent! Especially about this topic… Nerf is a negative…dirty little four-letter-word… Arguing for balance in a gamer community is an exhausting, rewardless and often infuriating task! And you should know, post 165 was difficult for me to push the reply button, and kick this off…

I’m not sure how much testing goes into buffing obsolete heroes. The last update had a very healthy dose of buffs though, don’t you think? I really can’t agree that they have to shut down servers and reboot with completely different version of the game to maintain balance.

• Buffs are not painstaking. The code is already implemented. The artwork is already designed. Increase a couple values here and there. Even speed has been increased in previous buffs, which resulted in increased variety. This has already been done! Implementing buffs is not reinventing the wheel.

• Slow the super creep roll! Realize the harm that is done… look ahead towards the super creep end game! Eventually you will arrive at a fork in the road: continue bloating the stats, skill strength and speed? Or… just make a 6* hero already. At which point… entire 5* rosters will be relegated to the back of the bus, @ManiacOfMayhem’s apocalypse will peek its head out, but for a different reason. Which most certainly won’t:

@AndyBSG said it very well:

If they slow the super creep roll. Or even put forth a bit of effort towards unique skills instead of more powerful remakes.

Which I commend btw! There has been a nice injection of new skills lately, some balanced, some… not so much… buff Myztero!

The need to continually buff massive crops of dusty, obsolete 5*'s will be reduced.

Is that a water pistol or a paintball gun? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

lol @ the photoshop.

But the brittling force. HOLY FRICKIN CRAP! This is in production?

Glad I quit months ago. :smiley:

/me has another beer.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but other games do it on the regular. SG absolutely COULD. The problem is that they WON’T.

Hope I can go back to your home country soon. I have unfinished work there in Sabah.

Malaysia? Nah, California. :stuck_out_tongue:

Frigg and Odin was a huge mistake, but not money wise. They created heros that are woth spending money but I will uninstall the game if those heroes dominating the whole game. So sad to see making the devs make the same mistake TWICE! get your ■■■■ together SGG!

1 Like

There’s nothing to improve upon. I’m in a top 50 alliance and many of us agree that Odin and Frigg needed to be adjusted. But honestly, the adjustment being applied… How significantly will it impact them?

2 Likes