📯 Freya – Season 3 Hero – 5* Dark/Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Freya!

:bar_chart: Stats

Freya

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Druid
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Vanaheim
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Raven’s Vigil
  • Summons a Raven Minion for each ally with 20% HP and 20% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Raven Minion gives +120% attack to all its owner’s other Minions.
  • All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Freya from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Freya?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Freya.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Freya and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Freya worth summoning for?

• Would you use Freya on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Freya?

• What heroes would you take when facing Freya as an opponent?

• Would you give Freya Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Freya’s special?

• What do you think of Freya’s character design?

• If you Summoned Freya and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Freya and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Freya when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Freya, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Freya (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Freya), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:question: FAQs

Does Freya’s Minion attack buff affect Heroes, or just Minions?

The attack buff is only for other Minions. It doesn’t buff the Heroes.

Do Freya’s Raven Minions buff each other, if a Hero has two or more of them?

Yes, they do.

Can Freya’s Minion attack buff cause Minions who don’t attack to do damage?

No. The attack buff only increases damage, it won’t cause non-attacking Minions to attack.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Non-Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Freya.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Freya by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Freya by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Freya by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Freya by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Freya by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Freya by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Freya by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Freya

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Freya by the 2073rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Freya

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Freya (post release)

Is Freya worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Freya would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Freya’s Primary Purpose is?

• Meat Shield Maker (And sustainer)
  • Offensive geared Support Hero
  • Defensively geared Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Freya compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Freya’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Freya worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Freya is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Freya is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Got 1 freya. Haven’t got any good minion generator (Buddy doesn’t count). Should I grow her?

1 Like

i’m wondering what people think of her now after all these changes.

Got Freya today. Will definitely level her up to 3/70 and then check if she is useful. Now she looks like a fast minion generator, will be useful in bloody battle tournaments.

So far I see good interaction with Athena and Kingston. I want to see the damage these minions can actually deal every turn before deciding.

1 Like

Remember with the minions, their damage scales with the base heroes attack stat.

So the damage they do at 3-70 will be less than when at 4-80 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Do the Raven minions enhance the attack of already summoned other Raven minions? Or just minions different from Ravens?

5 Likes

So the consensus already is to level her up? o: that’s pretty cool so, i nearly have two lots dark mats for two copies of her, just need them trap tools! (though I have my eye on using five for Tibertus first! 4 for ascension + for the costume!)

She looks perfect for my Lady, Mother, Seshat, QoH, PiB team. Won’t get her but i would love her.

4 Likes

I like Freya and Fenrir most.
Freya seems very good for titan and also for offensive raid.

That is exactly where I also think she will shine, will help make Seshat almost invulnerable. Suddenly Grimble looks more useful… :wink:

I can see her as being useful on defense, the minions are healing by meatshield.

That said, I have a hard time seeing her being a top choice for any but the newer players still needing 5* heroes.

2 Likes

Seems like she could have a good synergy with a heal over time hero like costume rigard, where the minions provide a buffer to recover for a couple turns while health is still low.

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me the 2nd special skill? English is not my mother tongue and I don’t quite understand. Does it give +120% to the minions or the owners?

Yes. When I tested in Beta, they hit for 25ish damage each without another raven, and 52ish damage with two ravens.

She increases the attack of the minions. Not the owners.

She’s just okay, in my beta testing experience.

Raven minions are bulky and at fast speed she is basically providing a fast pseudo-heal that is a little bit higher than Grazul’s. The +30% defense buff pairs nicely here.

The minion attack increase is very specific though. And it takes several turns for said slash attack damage from minions to really start adding up.

She’s a decent support hero for offense. If you’re stacked in dark heroes, she probably won’t bring much value to your bench though and is definitely no priority over Seshat, Ursena, Kage, etc. I would even say that Khiona, Sartana and Domitia are better to ascend first.

But she can be useful if you are looking for another purple healer-like hero.

10 Likes

I’d say yes, why not?

I think SG mailed it in when it comes to Freya. I cannot think of a situation where she would supplant a different hero on an attack team. Other than having her on an AW clean up team, there really is no use for her. She won’t be useful on defense. Even if they had included some amount of Instant healing like Grazul, she’d still not make the cut on any team, unless someone had a very limited bench.

She is a severe disappointment. Maybe 9 months to a year from now if she gets a decent buff, she may make a second AW team. Meanwhile, her only special ability that counts is taking up space in your hero house alongside Grimble and Anzogh.

Currently her best value is feeding her to a useful hero, but alas, I am an advocate for saving at least one copy of every 5* hero for the eventuality that they may someday be morphed into something useful.

2 Likes

Thank you! 20…

Just got one during 30 pulls, should I be happy (glad at least) or disappointed?)) she is the only 5* for 50 pulls this time…
What do you think? She seems very situational for me, hardly worth the ascending materials.

Oooooof that’s harsh, I enjoyed testing her. Yes she’s not a super killer but those minions build up fast and can be a real asset at chipping away on offence

The situation is that are far better heroes to spend the mats on. If you do not have any of those heroes, save the mats for when you do.