Free NAME CHANGES!

I am relatively new to E & P and I was having trouble coming up with a name I liked. I changed it once. When I went to change my namecagain I saw that it costs 500 gems - like what??? That’s ridiculousness. I can’t be the only one to feel that way. Please allow more free name changes…

6 Likes

That sounds steep pricing for a name change, but there’s certainly ways for constant name changes to be abused. Maybe the first one free (or rather cheap in gem cost), then exorbitant there after?

1 Like

$5 won’t even get you a name change. It does seem quite expensive.

1 Like

The first name change is free. Then it costs gems.

3 Likes

No, but a cheap one first, then a super high number of gems there after might be a good compromise. Or maybe even allow only that one name change?

If it were me, and I quickly learned early on that I hated my name selection, would likely just delete game and start over.

1 Like

I actually liked both names. The forum is an opportunity for people to express ideas, changes, etc that could improve the game. This is my first time plYing a game of this nature, so I didn’t think changing your name would be such a huge thing. I feel it limits the creativity of a player to force a payment in order to change something I created and is my intellectual property to begin with. You are, in my opinion, responding with a little bit of hostility- considering that You give me tube impression you like to spend $$$ on this game. Remember its a game, games by design are meant to be enjoyable.

havok333
December 27 |

No, but a cheap one first, then a super high number of gems there after might be a good compromise. Or maybe even allow only that one name change?

If it were me, and I quickly learned early on that I hated my name selection, would likely just delete game and start over.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

JonSnow
December 27 |

$5 won’t even get you a name change. It does seem quite expensive.
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I am responding w/ hostility? If so, that was not my intent.

1 Like

No hostility, just thinking there may be ways to abuse constant name changes. It’s all good bro.

1 Like

No not you… Havok kinda jumped on my idea, and dismissed it while subtly dismissing me in the meantime. I just thought that this was the place to express ideas. I guess I took his comments too personally. I know he didn’t intend disrespact. I owe him an apology.

Havok I owe u an apology. I jumped the gun a little bit in reference to your response to my post. I stand by my opinion of changing names freely, or at least much much cheaper though. I just finished a fantasy football season this weekend where a name change for superstitious reasons was common. So I was very surprised to see that it was such a debt to pay to do so here. So I am sorry. I agree its all good.

2 Likes

This is a game where people might get kicked out from alliances, and they shouldn’t easily re-join under a different identity by changing the name. I guess that’s why name changes after the second are expensive.

I also have a vague impression 2-3 months ago it cost 100 gems instead of 500. If they made it more expensive, they aren’t going to make it cheaper now.

3 Likes

That makes sense regarding getting bounced out ofvan alliance for not pulling your weight for the team. In all reality, if name changes are where my priorities lie then there’s a bigger issue lol.

Yes, free name changes can be abused and if course it happened several times. But it’s quite unfair to punish all the players because of that. 500 gems is far too much in my opinion, especially if it’s still the same amount after some weeks / months. There should be a timer, so that a new name is free again after a certain period of time, let’s say 100 days or so. This would also prevent abuse, but not be unfair against normal users.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I assumed that multiple name chances cost gems, but nice to know that it’s 500.

2 Likes

Excellent idea. A little give and take. Allow the flexibility to change your name but limit the abuse… Are u a politician?

Hell, no. :joy: Have just a head on my shoulders that allows me to think sometimes.

3 Likes

What they should come up with is a free spin idea where name changes and other things are included like scoring big amounts of gems it would a nice change to see in the furture for now I am staying with me name cause I never hold on to gems when the amount I need to spend they are gone quickly

1 Like

How about this idea to limit abusive name changes:

• reduce gem cost to 100
  • one name change per 3 months
  • prior name is visible in your public profile

The last point is key: you get booted from an alliance, change your name, but they’ll still be able to see that you’re the same player they kicked, at least for 3 months.

13 Likes

I had the same Idea list. I’m glad I read the whole thread before responding. Great minds think alike. Fools do too, but I prefer to think we are great minds!

6 Likes

Spitfire speakeasy clarke34