Franz: is he a viable Wu Kong replacement on titans?

Franz is definitely a replacement. I bring him to almost every 14* titan. First Sergei replaced my Ranvir but having to load his mana 2x is a bit annoying. Bertulf is also really good on titans and joins frequently, it does require a bit more items like time-stops but then really boosts scores.

1 Like

I finally retired Wu. I use Sergei and Bertulf as damage increasers. On red titans, I use the giant that supercharges tiles (Jott?). Franz is definitely going onto the team at least for blue titans.

4 Likes

I don’t have Franz but appreciate you creating this topic. :+1:

Did you choose defence path for your Franz?

1 Like

I was sorta surprised not to see it already lol!
Yes I did :smile: I wanted to keep him alive as long as possible. Looks like I’ll limit break him soon since he’s working out.

I am just maxxing the Burfulf I got now, will try him on titans too!

1 Like

If you wanted you could use Franz and Wu Kong, catalog results, then do same with Franz only, I only use Wu on dark titans… I’ve noted that it always seems like Wu Kong misses more than he really does

2 Likes

Franz is fantastic and anything is better than blind wu

2 Likes

Just had my best blue result ever using Franz at 4/30 or so. (Rare Thunder Unicorn 11 stars, 79k damage.) Also had Bertulf and Francine in there.

1 Like

My Franz … a beast :+1:

1 Like

I’ve just posted this in “Franz thread”, but it has its relevancy so I put it here as well.
It depends on what you mean by “replacement”. As you can see in this video, Franz is kind of a must have, if you want to reach record hits, however Franz and Wukong / Ranvir buff don’t rewrite each other meaning they stack meaning you’ll hit much bigger using both of them.
I also used to emphasize while Wukong / Ranvir “miss” can be frustrating, statistically on average you’ll have much bigger hits with them vs. without. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Do not have Franz but do have both tarlak and wu. Overall 10 and 11 star titans…much better scores with wu versus tarlak…even when wu is in drunken monkey miss mode so I only use tarlak versus blue titans

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

Alright so there’s a fair bit of work I have done previously on the topic of “Titan Damage Boosters”…

Mainly comparing the big 4 options in Miki, Gazelle, Tarlak and Wu Kong… with a side-dish of Ranvir.

Here is the summary of that thread:

Adding Franz

Running that same calculation with Franz, who gives +50% damage recieved we get the following inputs:

• Tiles = 3
  • Attack = 500
  • Defence = 400
  • Theta = 1.1275
  • Power-up = 0
  • Miss Chance = 0
  • Increased Damage = +50% = 1.5 multiplier

We do add in tho an extra term to the formula so the formula becomes:
{Damage per hit} = 100 * ({theta} * ({attack}*{attack buff} / {defence})^1.35) * {Increased Damage}

So running that calculation we get:

• Damage per tile = 238.38
  • Total Damage from 3 tiles = 715.15

Answer?

So all in all, the short answer is NO… Franz is not a viable replacement for Wu Kong on a Titan…

HOWEVER Franz’s ailment does stack with all the other damage boosters… so he should definitly be considered as a titan essential both “On” and “Off” colour :slight_smile:

14 Likes

So just need Miki, Franz, and Athena… well alright then!

2 Likes

he’s for sure viable, but I persoanly feel like he is better with the green stack. I beat my best titan hit by 200k with him vs. a 14* rare titan.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, which heros were on your titan team :thinking:. Great scores… Very jelly :wink:

1 Like

Awesome work, thank you very much for sharing this with us.

Happy gaming

I do mostly use him on green titans but also bring along Bertulf as a replacement for Wu. still need to wait for some more green ethers till i can break my Franz. Maybe not the best way but I went with attack path as he’s already very beefy on its own.

2 Likes

It was Ratatoskr, Marcel, Franz, Fogg, and Tarlak. I had great boards and used Scrolls, Tornados, Hurricans, and titan banners.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.