šŸ… [Fourth Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on the Updated Raid Tournament Matchmaking

My understanding is those extreme high scores your seeing happened as the server reset and they managed to receive 5 extra flags. This is not official of course but Iā€™m assuming it will be corrected within the NEXT 5 DAYS or 5 mins. Just relax a minute and control what you can and enjoy the gravy raid chests.

1 Like

hello, I would like to understand how the pontuation in tournaments is calculatedā€¦ because IĀ“ve just fought my 5 battles and dispite I won them all in classification table i have a gap of almost of 2005 points less from the 1st placed.
And I believe that this gap wil be bigger and bigger.

1 Like

Exactly - our entire alliance has gone 5/5 wins and the leader has almost double the number of pointsā€¦a 2000+ point gap is not something you can come back from. And this is BEFORE any defensive points have been awarded. For a score of 4275, the leader must have been given opponents that averaged 855 points, which is heading up on DOUBLE many others.

It looked so promising after last weekā€™s raidā€¦but weā€™re back to rolling dice again I seeā€¦last weekā€™s point distribution/scoring system/match-making was definitely better than this one. This oneā€™s broken 3 hours in.

6 Likes

So do you all read the thread before jumping to conclusions?

1 Like

It seems I can not get this at all even after reading all threadā€¦last raid event was same , less difference but same ! I made 20/20 wins and A def all day and I finished 800 pts back of the 100 places !! When a friend lost 4 times in attack, re enter with gems and finished 49 place !! All is matter of luck when u match the teams ! ā€¦

AND this one , 5 wins 1850 pts! Imagine how far I am the first day! How it could be so much difference for the same numbers of win the first day ??

Lol at 4275 pts for first place.

1 Like

And congratulations , you just figured it out.

I have been saying this for the past 3 tournaments. It is not going to change.
This is not a tournament, it is a lottery.
You randomly get someone to attack who is worth a random amount of points who you will win or lose based on random boards. Then you are randomly attacked a random number of times by random opponents who will win or lose base don random boards. Then your random scored is compared to all the other random scores and you get assigned a loot tier. Then you get random loot based on your tier.

No skill really required.

2 Likes

Than u r wrong except that the giys with 2800 points made 500 points more than me ,and that happemed last tournament too , when my teamates where getting weaker targets that worthed 80-100 points more than minesā€¦

Seemed to start well with my 1st opponent slightly under my max power until the game started hanging then kicked me out with Server full message after only killing the tank. Next 4 flags went smoothly and increased in points and difficulty each time.

I assume the bizzar scores at the top of the leader board were caused by the server error, but iā€™m still annoyed that iā€™m already 1 loss down due to no fault of my own.

SG need to sort out capacity or maybe not have so many things going on in 1 day. Trials, Rare Quest, War and tourney appears to be stretching the processing resources to far

For all those panicking, when this has happened before (bug in scoring with a few wicked high scores) they have corrected those scores. The sky is falling mentality in here, lol.

3 Likes

Exactly - everyone just needs to calm down. Itā€™s not even good loot yet!

1 Like

Correct but the whole point of these is to give feedback so that when thereā€™s actual good loot, thereā€™s some sort of semblance of fairness.

Even if you take out the 4200 and 3x00 scores as bugs, even getting 2500 points at 5-0 when huge amounts of people only get 2200 is a massive advantage.

2 Likes

My powerful 1800 team, colour stacked with yellow trainers is doing very well LOL

2 Likes

It seems to me that going 19-1 or 20-0 will get you top 1%, the only ā€œlotteryā€ thing in there is if you are on the leaderboard. Who cares?

1 Like

The 25xx pts is because they have 3* with emblems and they won all 5 of their attacks. You want to be able to score more pts, have higher tp for the 5 best heroes that can fight in this tournament

Can you please explain this a bit more?

Screenshot_20190501-174337__01

I won all my battles.
When I check at a bit more realistic scores and see these that are obviously not the mistake the leaders have I see these:

My total score 2253 so already a good 300 behind last leaders.

When I check all the players on the top of the list (my second screen) I agree with you they are all heavily emblemed.
How does this make the difference in scoring?
I cannot get my head around it.

SG basically doing a sort of tier thing. They try to match you up with someone just a bit stronger than you. Someone that you can fight an have some sort of chance to win. Gets harder as you win more. So if you only have 5 3* heroes that are not even leveled, you face someone like that. If you have 5 3* that are fully leveled but no emblems, you face someone like that or someone with a few emblems. If you have 5 3* with all emblems, you face someone like that.

Now do you think beating someone with a defense of 5 unleveled 3* should gain the same pts as a defense with 5 3* fully emblems?

Thatā€™s SG problem right now, how to match you up with someone you can fight and have a chance to beat VS giving you a chance to win the most pts. SG should of given you a chance to pick how hard your oppenent are. You know like say choose from someone in diamond tier, platinum tier and so on

1 Like

In that case the matching is terrible.
I have 5 fully leveled 3* without emblems as my defence. I have about 10 in total available.

Matches 1 & 2 are against opponents without emblems.
Below my 3rd matchup:

No it is not full of emblems but sure are more than a fewā€¦

Matches 4 & 5 had no emblems againā€¦

To me the one with emblems should be worth more points than matches 4 & 5.

So all logic is failing me to see how I can perform better in the tournamentā€¦

Show all the ppl you face in order. Did you factor in troops?

That last Bane has barely been fed. Must be balancing out the emblemed heroes

2 Likes