šŸ… [Fourth Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on the Updated Raid Tournament Matchmaking

There are so many ways to do it while also distributing the workload. But I guess they feel boxed in with some difficult architecture.

Only attacked twice in 4 days of torni, lost both so I am in E grade but lossing isnā€™t the issue.

What is the issue is only been attacked twice in 4 days of play compared to some with over 20 attacks. Doesnā€™t sound or feel right in an event that is suppise to be a competition of skill.

I had that problem last torni on tbe first day, never got a single tile to build mana up and get a single shot in all 5 games on the first day. Where is the skill factor when your not even given a fair chance at defending yourself at all and itā€™s all one sided.

This happens so much even in normal raids. As soon as you stack colours you are sure not to get those colours and you lucky to build up mana to get a shot in and to top it off the opponents constantly get consecutive stacked tiles and destroy you in no time at all while all you can do is just sit back a watch.

Even on rainbow teams I get way to many times where I spend more time looking for a set if 3 tiles and only get 1 set when my opponents each get to shot me at every turn cause all they get is mana filled through stacked tiles each turn. Again this takes the skill factor completely out of the game and it becomes nothing more than a game of chance where as you have no chance.

Those times are nothing less than annoy and frustrating to say the least. I donā€™t care if I lose but I truely do prefer to lose fairly rather than not even having a single chance at any kind of defense options from not getting any tiles at all which hapoens all too often.

This week was better though in the torni.

So far, Iā€™ve seen a worse distribution than in previous tournaments. 3 attacks over 3 days. At least the last ones I had 5 or 6 per tournament. It still seems that as soon as I lose I am not attacked again that day (yes, Iā€™m 0-3 so far on defense this time). I have been attacked less over 4 (almost) full tournaments than others have been in one day.

I would suggest having a flag system for defense as well as offense. Maybe 8-10 flags for the tournament. Until the flags are used up you get a slightly higher priority in matchmaking than someone who has used them up. Or 3 per day that you are still eligible to attack (ie. havenā€™t lost 4 times or spent gems to continue). Also maybe put a cap on the number of times a defense can be attacked (40 per tournament, 10 per day) to even things out.

Funny, in first tournament I wasnā€™t attacked once as most people. In second one I had over 20 attacks on me and this one just lousy 2 attacks. One in first day and one in second day.
Still a lot of work to tune the tournament.

Anyway, I had quite fun with this one.

My only complain is that defense grade should be reset on each day, if they keep this current system. Why am I punished to get E grade on days I havenā€™t been attacked. But I am sure this had been said many times already.

1 Like

Everyoneā€™s defense is going to magically improve when they put in the color restrictions. Then we can all complain about filling up our raid chests :wink:

Except that that one 5 star can blast a fully ascended 2* hero into the next century. A 5* may have 1000-1300 points, but that little 2* however good he or she is will only be 450-500 maximum; even if they break 500 each, how the hell will mana recharge properly to get the specials off? (it may be easier with all that open space) What if the hero they are up against is one of those mana suckers or 150% damage to all enemies? Three tiles and you have one hit one hero to death. The whole thing would be sad.

I made a mess of this tournament, I misread the instructions incorrectly and fielded a not bad rainbow 2* (Iā€™m acutely aware that a 2 does not look like a 3) defense, (calculated attack points 2249); ended up with 4 losses, 13 wins on attack (using 4 x 3* and 1 x 2*), but the defence was defeated 17 times out of 22. Of all those matchups, of my 5 defense wins, 2 had team scores at least 50 points below me and 3 had scores 150 to 200 points higher. Every defeat was due to me being matched with people who were at a minimum 110 points ahead of me and in 4 cases between 350 and 390 points higher; the rest between 150 and 300. Being blitzed 16 times on day 2 was a bit disheartening.

18 of 20 attacks won, 1 for 2 on defense and Iā€™m down 3k. 2298 team of tyrum brienne Kaliani friar tuck and valen. Last event went 7 for 9 on defense yet was even farther behind. Iā€™m really struggling to understand the scoring system

I may be wrong, but people are complaining they are getting less eligible points per attack, but they donā€™t want to be paired with much stronger teams (which awards more points).

The issue of some defenses never being attacked is really frustrating though. Mine has been attacked 7 times. As the grades actually reflect the success of your team, regardless of matches battled (although more battles = more chances of getting even), I think resetting the defense grading after each day could be a fair help, if not a solution.

Yep ppl love complaining. They want to be able to finished the tournament by facing easier teams. But they also mad that when they go 20/20 or 19/20 they not in the top 1%.

I found the match-ups this tournament to be the best. It went as described and I met weaker teams than me in the first two days and stronger in the last two. Won 18 lost 2 and Iā€™m in the top 10%. I intentionally havenā€™t put my best defense. It got attacked often but almost exclusively by stronger opponents. Just teams on the last days were weaker so the defense score improved from E to D.
When the good loot is back, Iā€™ll put emblems in one of each color to get harder matches with better chances at higher loot. And a less crappy defense :wink:
But Iā€™m quite satisfied with this tournament and am positive that the remaining issues will be sorted out in the next two or three iterations.

I found the match-ups when attacking much better last tournament when i actually faced teams stronger than me. That made me think hard about my attack lineup and strategy. This tournament all the teams I attacked were within a range -500 to +50 of me, which meant I only lost if I had really bad boards (which happened twice).

Now that the Fourth Raid Tournament has ended, share your results and rewards!

=> šŸ… [Fourth Raid Tournament] Final Results & Rewards ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Thought the whole (not being attacked thing)was fixed but it appears not, got points for attacking but was never attacked once. Am I the only one or did anybody else experience the same. Lasted to the very end and got poor ranking and rewards.

I was only attacked once and lost for an E rating. With that single attack comprising my entire defense score, I dropped a tier in rewards.

Iā€™ll preface this by saying that I went 18-2 and was top 1%, BUT, only because the board gods smile on me.

I canā€™t field a team of 3* > than about 2380. I donā€™t know what a fair spread is on 3*, but I wouldnā€™t call >10 attacks against 2600+ (as high as almost 2800!!!) a reasonable matching, especially when the point difference between a 2200 team and the 2700 team is a puny 50 points.

So 200+ tp higher gives me no more than 50 extra points despite the fact that 200-300 tp in a 3* tourney is a massive power gap doesnā€™t make a ton of sense to me.

PS my loot was about the lowest you can get in top 1%.

1 Like

Why is it that you can be attacked more or less than 5 times each day- if everyone has 5 attacks then fairness would be that all (providing everyone uses their 5 flags each day) would be hit 5 times a day - if you are hit more than or less than 5 times the defence rating is not right

@zephyr1 please open this torniā€™s thread so I make a suggestion please.

Cheers

It is open: šŸ… [Sixth Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on Raid Tournament Matchmaking