Four Star Heros worth fully ascending?

Thanks man, very helpful. Do you think I should focus on Kadilen or should I focus on Horghall? I also just got Rigard, and I’m kind kf confused now because I love Kiril and Boldtusk. Where will Rigard fit in?

Also sorry and thanks to the original poster :sweat_smile: My post wasnt getting this much attention

My thoughts:

Keep all 4* and 5* heroes. Keep one of each 3*, and two of all the good ones (at least until you have a 4* team built). See ratings at http://7ddgaming.com/2018/01/18/anchors-complete-guide-to-hero-grades/

Focus first on getting a solid 3* team. These can be maxed with only the ascension materials you can farm on the map.

Then build up your 4* team. This team will remain your backbone for a long time. 5* are an expensive luxury. Until you have nearly all of the ascension mats you need for them, just leave those 5* on the bench.

Of what you have, Kiril, Boldtusk and Tibertus are all very solid heroes. Between Li Xiu and Hu Tao, Li is my clear preference. If I could wave a wand and give you a hero, I’d give you Caedmon for a solid green hero and his debuff. I’d also wish a Grimm on you so you have more firepower when you want, rather than using the rather similar Kiril and Boldtusk.

On the green front, absent any 4* I’d start with Horghall, who is a very solid tank. If you get a decent 3*,though, I’d level that first. 5* take forever to get leveled.

2 Likes

Keep all of them except dawa…the multiple bane are nice to compete in events (beginner) :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much (I’ve been following your replies to posts and I’ve learned a lot).

For the 3* team, I will work on getting a solid green and blue hero and grow them right away (I once had an ascended Valen who I fed to Kiril when I started loving Kiril so much - I will lose some sleep on that). But I’m still not sure if I should follow my preference over the ones I have now (I’m leaning toward keeping only Gan Ju, and feeding the extra Banes and Dawa to my Li Xiu).

For the 4*, yes if only someone can wave a wand and give me a Caedmon I would be very happy. Or maybe even a strong blue 4* hitter so I can use Rigard and then take in a Skittleskull. I have a lot of hoping to do there but here’s to, well, hoping :sweat_smile:

For the 5*, I hear you. I will hold off growing them in the meantime and maybe just grow Horghall to 2.60 at the most. I do have a bias for Kadilen with her faster mana accumulation, which makes more useful in my main team. Is it okay to just use her while Horghall is growing?

And to the Devs, if you can allow hero swapping, that’ll be great. :wink: I know that’s a longshot though :sweat_smile:

Thanks, although I’m wondering if it would be better to have a rainbow 3* team even for events. Still, two or three Banes in a team does seem like a good idea.

Also remember that, for alliance wars, you will want 30 competent heroes. If you care about the wars, then building breadth over depth is important. Also, having more tools at your disposal makes raiding more fun, I find.

3 Likes

Dawa has a very useful special - “Spiritual link”. It distributes damage between your heroes and helps them to survive after strong hits. Only Dawa and Gunnar (blue) has this special among 3* and Wilbur a 4* of a second season. So, may be it is worth using her instead of feeding to another hero.

That’s Kailani with Spirit Link, not Dawa.

5 Likes

Oh! Really. Sorry, I took one for another. :slight_smile:

I actually do care about the wars, especially since the top players in my alliance like to cherrypick their opponents :sweat_smile: It might be best to have several teams to throw into the weaker teams on the other side so my top mates would be forced to fight good matches. And I’m also beginning to see the value of having spares against raid teams - no matter how strong my favorite team is, it’ll have holes that other heroes can plug.

Hi Anja.

I read that you have Rigard AND Sabina. Maybe you can advise me.

I’ve just got enough AM’s to take my first purple 4* to top ascension level.
I have Rigard at 3/60 and Cyprian, Sabina, Tibs, Ammeona and Quintus at 1/1.
I was thinking to take Rigard up, as he was my first purple and is higher level than others. I’m just concerned his cleanse isn’t as useful as Sabina’s dispel.

If you could only have cleanse or dispel, which would you choose and why?

Long term, I’m going to go for a high damage team (Lianna, Natalya, Magni) and was thinking Sabina might be better if dispel is more essential than Rigard’s cleanse. What do you think please?

1 Like

I’m not Anja, but my pick would be Rigard. There are multiple 4* heroes who heal like both Rigard and Sabina do, and also multiple 4* heroes who dispel like Sabina in other colors, but only one good 4* who can cleanse the party - Rigard.

5 Likes

I’d pick Rigard any day of the week for raid defence

There are other options if you don’t have Sab eg Caedmon, Sonya, Gandalf (Mel)

3 Likes

@Inigo

I fully agree with the posters above me.
Fully ascend Rigard. Definitely.

He cleans your team of negative status effects. And that cleanse is very valuable.

Against raid opponents such as Colen and Azlar, and also in some missions on the map. Such as 20.4 where the monsters throw fire. And some map levels where the monsters throw poison.

As the posters above me said, there are other 4* heroes with dispell … Caedmon, Melendor, Sonja … but only one 4* hero with cleanse, and that is Rigard.

I love your name, by the way :+1:
“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Rigard Rigard and always Rigard.

There are other options for dispel.

2 Likes

It’s about one year I’m doing this game, and those who started the game a long time ago, without buying even $ 1 now have stars with high stars and I do not hate the horses. That’s the fairness of the game and Its makers talk about it?

Just read this reply. It warrants its own thread.

If you are in an alliance where this “cherry picking” goes on, move.

serena- u might wana check ur translation… i understand wat u r trying to get at since i “do not hate the horses” either. i really did not mean to laugh at u but rhat comment sent me into spasms.

i imagine u r referring to the blatant imbalance of 5star heroes in the game:
some players hav so many they dont kno wat 2do with them all…while many of us would be happy to have any (even1!) 5star hero. &ther r many of us who agree with the idea that the summons is unfair and that pulls r often ‘loaded’ 1way or another (either stacked with all great heroes, or filled with useless, weak heroes). any way the cookie crumbles, u get wat u get. altho, saying that, the words ‘rubbish’ &garbage’ do come to mind…

so serena chin up-u r not alone. keep playing–eventually u will see rewards

I know this is an “old” post, but it’s very informative for a new player like me ( less than 3 months).
Any thoughts on the 4* Wilbur? I don’t thing he was mentioned as he is relatively new.
I have Wilbur (no Boldtusk), who is very good, but is he as worthy of ascending all the way like other red heroes?
thanks in advance

Yes, Wilbur is one of the best 4* in the game. Absolutely worth ascending, particularly for Titans.

1 Like