Forum Toxicity

I can’t see any toxicity here either or, at least, much less than elsewhere.
I think the animosity we see nowadays comes from a general love for this game that risks to be ruined by some individuals and some questionable ideas from the devs.
A lot of people play the game without joining the forum, nobody is forced to write here.
If you do, you implicitly accept that other people will disagree with you and that some will express their opinion in a strong way. Even more if you decide to become a public character opening a youtube channel.
As a manager I know perfectly what means to be in the spotlight. You either have the guts for it or it’s better if you keep a low profile and do something else.

To be honest I’m much more corcerned by the deafness of SG to their playerbase and I can’t accept that the blame of this bad atmosphere is given to the forum users.

PS: I’m not attacking Anchor, I watched some of his videos and they were helpful when I started playing. I think he was a bit naive to expect any form of gratitude from SG and, if it’s true that the toxicity of the forum had a role in his decision, also too much sensitive for the role he decided to take.

6 Likes

I’m afraid this forum is merely mirroring the toxicity of internet as a whole, and the general destructive political climate currently dominating the world.

How can we remain civil? Let’s all count to ten and read through what we’re planning to post three times before actually posting. Never attack persons, stay on topic and respect differing opinions.

11 Likes

One of the best things we can do as a community is to model positive behavior, and to praise it when we see it in others. Use your likes, and also use your posts.

Praising something you found to be particularly insightful, helpful, or positive for the community is a good way to ensure that you see more of it in the future.

The other thing to do is to remember that everybody has bad days. None of us would like to be judged mainly by what we say and do when we’re tired and hurting.

People often post here when they’re feeling at their lowest in the game. To the extent possible, practice compassion for people suffering, even if they are causing you discomfort too.

We can disagree strongly while still being compassionate. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

14 Likes

Yep, I see the same few topics constantly getting discussed. RNG isn’t R, bad luck is bad, etc. And I certainly get annoyed by reading the same topics over and over.

And people have a tendency to use other people’s comments that echo their opinions as fact, while ignoring or flaming other people for having the audacity to question their thoughts.

1 Like

Why don’t you raise the chances for summoning (old) legendary heroes then? This is one of the most keenly awaited improvements as well as adding old heroes to TC.

Those changes are what most of us hope for. Instead, you wanna look for a way how to get rid of people with different opinions? You can’t be serious…

I don’t like some toxic people either but I can undertand them on the other way…

Perhaps this concern would be better raised in a different thread than this one.

4 Likes

This might be one of those times where Alanis Morissette really messed up my ability to identify irony, but, isn’t yelling and finger pointing and disagreeing under a thread asking for more civility on the forums the definition of ironic?
I’m at least sure it is more ironic than 10,000 spoons when you need a knife or rain on your wedding day.
Thanks for posting, @Rigs. I’m hopeful most get the message that we can all probably do at least a little better.
Enjoy your day.

8 Likes

Although I agree with the OP, it is insane to me that we are discussing here how to be decent human beings.

6 Likes

Yes, that confirms what I’ve thought all along… Sorry to see you flagged :confused:

I wonder if this is Toxic? Or is this outright nuclear waste.

4 Likes

I honestly haven’t seen a well constructed opinion about this topic in this thread. I would really like to hear it though, as you seem to be one of the few members here that are opposed of a friendly and non-toxic environment.

1 Like

You do realize this is the thread about forum toxicity, not about Anchor?

5 Likes

And Rigs’ comment was appropriately flagged and hidden. The focus of this thread is figuring out how to be better as a community going forward (or perhaps to argue that we don’t need to be).

It should not be a place to re-air old greivances.

9 Likes

I’m not opposed to it, it just simply won’t happen

There is a quote by someone that says something like

“You’re not doing it right if you don’t get any hate”

New people will always make accounts here and come to express why this game is unfair etc etc, there is always going to be toxicity with a gambling game

Now I do find it funny how the people that have the need to tell them basically how much of an idiot they are and that they should play candy crush (don’t flag me) are the ones hat complain about toxicity

6 Likes

I’d say that there is a very simple rule that every forum member can follow:

We discuss the game not players.

So, before you submit your post, read it again and if there is something in the post regarding your opponent or any other person, edit the text.

7 Likes

That’s like the government saying

“Just follow the law it’s very simple”

You think every is going to?

Thank you for phrasing your problem with this idea in a positive, constructive way (although perhaps the last little jab was unnecessary).

1 Like

No. But it’s worth trying. As you mentioned government and law: the more developed country is, the more people will follow the government message just because they understand the reason behind laws. For the rest of people there is law enforcement. This is a matter of education, I believe.

Alright. I get what you’re saying and if you don’t want to be part of the solution that is totally fine by me. But the way you are responding here makes me feel that you would like to be part of the problem.

I think I know who you are talking about, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt if they have shown me in some way, that they are willing to change.

2 Likes

Moderator’s Note

There have been several flagged posts in this thread, by several different authors.

The flags were submitted by a multitude of users. No one person was the submitter of the majority of the flags, so please be clear that no one is targeting anyone else with flags.

Please keep this discussion about Forum civility…civil, and on topic, so it can continue productively.

Disagreeing and having opinions are completely fine. It’s how they’re expressed that determines compliance with Forum Rules.

And that’s the purpose of this discussion, after all.

15 Likes