Forum Regular status

How is Regular status set? I had been regular for months, but am no longer. Others like @Wharflord contribute meaningfully and often, but are not Regulars. @Rook any insights?

1 Like

@Kerridoc, you can tack this status on by going to your badge page.

Edit: Oops, silly me, I should’ve read it closer. Because I remember you had this Badge before. Did you get promoted to another status that you can set?

There’s a blog with the explanation of the forum software defaults for trust levels here:

I don’t know if these particular forums are using different settings though.

1 Like

Nope, I seem to have been demoted from Regular to Member. Which I find puzzling.

It’s worth noting that if you no longer meet the qualifications for Regular, according to the Discourse blog I linked to, you lose the status automatically.

I guess it’s possible that I haven’t read 25% of all the posts, particularly because I don’t read alliance recruitment. Ah well.

I get by reading just General, Ideas, and Bug reports mostly, and sometimes community content or looking something up in a player guide.

Aside from the ego boost, the only thing I usually get out of it that’s useful to me is the ability to edit the Recruits II token thread title when I’m first in with the results.

2 Likes

now that you mention it… yeah, mine is gone, too.
Not that it ever meant anything in the first place. :wink:

Lol how would I hurt myself. This forum isn’t exactly running with scissors

@Kerridoc, I still like reading you without Regular Banner :smiley:

I don’t use the Regular banner because I’d rather have my comments stand or fall on their own merits, than be influenced by some arbitrary software designation of status. What someone like @Kerridoc or @Wharflord actually posts is a lot more interesting and useful to me than what the forum thinks their member status is.

1 Like

So you actually have to choose which title you are using. Testing it out.

I would like a “Not a Moderator” title.

Yes, we are currently using the Discourse default settings (expect that trust level 0 / new members cannot create new topics). We can look into adjusting them though.

2 Likes

Having Regular status let me help the mods a bit by cleaning up thread titles or moving threads into the correct sub-forum. Ah well, I’ll just have to get it back. It’s a shame that there’s no way to see one’s own stats that go into the calculation.

1 Like

Closing due to old age.

Newer thread on this topic is here: Regular Status: when will I become a Forum Regular?

1 Like