Forum Poll - Pick your 3 ⭐ and Portal MVPs!

Last October, I created a poll to ask the forum about best 3 :star: heroes.

A lot has changed since then, so I thought it would be interesting and useful to update that information. I’ve revised/updated the poll questions to cover other commonly asked questions about heroes and summoning.

In a few weeks, I’ll close this and create an updated chart to reflect current opinions.

Select up to :three: options per poll

Best Portal for newer players (less than level ~30)
  • Seasonal (Springvale, Sand Empire, Morlovia, Santa)
  • S2 Atlantis
  • S3 Valhalla
  • S4 Underwild
  • Ninja Tower
  • Magic Tower
  • Tavern of Legends
  • Costume Masquerade
  • Alliance Quest
  • Older Challenge Event (Pirates, Riddles, Fables, Guardians, Knights)
  • Newer Challenge Event (Starfall, Slayers, Villains)
0 voters
Best Portal for more seasoned players (greater than level ~30)
  • S2 Atlantis
  • S3 Valhalla
  • S4 Underwild
  • Ninja Tower
  • Magic Tower
  • Tavern of Legends
  • Costume Masquerade
  • Alliance Quest
0 voters
Best Portal for F2P/C2P
  • S2 Atlantis
  • S3 Valhalla
  • S4 Underwild
  • Ninja Tower
  • Magic Tower
  • Tavern of Legends
  • Costume Masquerade
  • Alliance Quest
0 voters
Best 3 Star Healer
  • Frosty
  • Candy
  • Aderyn
  • Grevle
  • Helo
  • C-Friar Tuck/Friar Tuck
  • C-Hawkmoon/Hawkmoon
  • C-Belith/Belith
  • By-Ulf
0 voters
Season 4 – 3 Star MVP
  • Gramps
  • Helo
  • Morris
  • Poppy
  • Vollermork
0 voters
Event/Tower – 3 Star MVP
  • Vodnik
  • Edd
  • Skrekok
  • Shrubbear
  • Pixie
  • Guardian Bat
  • Candy
  • Whacker
  • Bauchan
  • Maeve
  • Noril
  • Aderyn
  • Bertulf
  • Kornel
  • Dolgoon
0 voters
Seasonal – 3 Star MVP
  • Chick Jr
  • Squire Wabbit
  • Arman
  • Hisan
  • Jack
  • Vlad
  • Frosty
  • Rudolph
0 voters
Costume – 3 Star MVP
  • C- Azar
  • C- Balthazar
  • C- Bane
  • C- Berden
  • C- Brienne
  • C- Carver
  • C- Gan Ju
  • C- Graymane
  • C- Gunnar
  • C- Isshtak
  • C- Jahangir
  • C- Kailani
  • C- Karil
  • C- Nashgar
  • C- Oberon
  • C- Prisca
  • C- Renfeld
  • C- Tyrum
  • C- Ulmer
  • C- Valen
0 voters
4 Likes

Thought I should explain my vote in the portals for newer players as one of my selections may end up as an outlier, but I think it’s relevant.

For newer players I picked Valhalla ( so many incredibly good 3 and 4 stars), Costumes ( a great solution to give roster diversity for developing rosters) and Tavern of Legends.

If you are chasing a specific past HotM the odds are really bad. But a newer player would be missing a large number, and the new family bonuses etc can make some of them really relevant, plus there are some in there that are great additions to a roster.

4 Likes

I’m a newer player, less than lvl 30. I’m c2p and i can tell you that there are 2 3 star heroes that changed my gameplay and pushed me further and allowed me to complete things above my lvl (rare / Epic / Legendary challange events) , rare quests and advance in Valhalla and Atlantis.

Those 3 star are Grevle and Dolgoon. One of them brings to your team a boost of hp that makes a weak 3 star team to survive things otherwise it would be impossible.

Dolgoon provides versatility, do i need to strengh my defense and share damage while i build the board? Just use the first charge. Do i need more damage? Just go for the second charge to get enemy defense down.

I have c.gunnar but Dolgoon took his place, sadly , gunnar is god like but is slow.

Others really gamechangers 3 star im leveling or id love to have.

Bertulf(have)
Nordri(have)
Brianne (dont have her)
Bjorn(best purple 3 star i dont have)

Mentions to

Mneseus
Belith and costume
Azar and costume
Gato

And offensive costumed season 1 heroes.

Id recommend newer players to try to get Grevle in Valhalla. There are so many good 3 star there. Grevle, Bjorn, nordri.

Otherwise, costume portal is really useful because you are getting one costume that will apply to all your copies of that hero.

Season 4 have excelent heroes like Poppy and Gramps but in my opinion it isnt at valhalla level(just poppy) at least for progression.

Event and seasonal 3 star heroes usually are excelent(pixie, bertulf, bauchan among others) but they are so hard to come by… But you can end having them via free coins and keeping epic hero tokens.

7 Likes

Thanks for the votes so far everyone.

What I’ve learned so far - pie chart is a terrible choice for displaying poll data here. Won’t change it since it would reset the poll, but mea culpa.

5 Likes

This was my first thought, but didn’t want to bring you down for doing the work in the first place. Glad you admitted it and hope it prevents future pie charts.

2 Likes

No ■■■■! I was like who thought up this software that won’t display properly and implemented it. Nice work btw. I loved the poll. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

thanks @VeryQuietly for doing this, really appreciate the discussion and knowledge-sharing!

Generally I gravitated towards Costume Chamber (people are likely to have many vanilla heroes);

and Valhalla > Underwild. Valhalla has 10 3s, Underwild only 5; and Valhalla has Nordri, Grevle, Kvasir as top-tier, Bjorn and Ei-Dunn are also really good… Poppy, Helo and Gramps are quite good… but overall Valhalla. Even at the 4 level, I’d pick Valhalla (Almur, Mist, Brynhild, Jott…)

3 Likes

A big fan of Grevle (he is a beast). Kvasir, Poppy. Nordri. Ee-Dunn Bjorn and Candy are awesome, Helo is good too. Not a fan of Gramps… Brynhild is fantastic and limit broken Mist is a weapon. Almur is sort of okay.

My two gems worth. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

your two gems are worth a lot, my friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great list! Forgot about Sudri, but a great list indeed!

1 Like

Waiting to see how the new batch of 3* compare. So far…
Bertulf looks promising
Aderyn is the dark healer we’ve been waiting for Dolgoon is amazing
Kornel is alright
Maeve is a winner
Noril is great
Skrekok could be great with Kornel
Edd haven’t used him, so I can’t say much.

1 Like