Forum Negativity, Representative of the whole player base?

I know P2W pay them much more, and they got what they paid for (in-game resources). In term of forum, P2W, C2P, F2P have equal rights, we don’t pay to get more rights in the forum.

Like this one? I understand why you don’t give like for this one:

1 Like

Please consider using the less offensive term P2P.

Everyone is invited to their opinions. This is a forum with many opinions.

3 Likes

If you consider it less offensive, okay. I never thought about it and I actually use them both in a single post…

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it. I explained above why I feel that it is inaccurate and I know you’re someone who values accuracy and logic. :+1:

4 Likes

It baffled me, SG never said that, in fact SG still open it for F2P to compete (even in MT). But suggesting to close it for F2P is a deal-breaker.

Then as mature adults you both agree to disagree and you move forward that’s how it’s done in a civil fashion. As I stated before many people post and I disagree or I agree it doesn’t make either one wrong just on different sides of the spectrum

6 Likes

No doubt, you guys get a raw deal. “art isn’t something you should pay for…” BS I say, why should my time be more valuable than yours? Creativity is priceless in my opinion.

3 Likes

Well, at least no one can pay for good board. I can testify that my board is good despite being F2P.

I can also testify that my summon is very great during the time SG kick me out of the forum for 2 weeks. :laughing:

Nobody can pay or influence RNG.

4 Likes

Which is why the phrase " pay to win " is so misleading and considered a slap to p2p.

1 Like

Always good to learn something new. Thanks for educating that P2W can be an offensive term @Mistress_of_Shadows

3 Likes

For a start off it implies we are winning something… :joy:

Winning at pixels only matters if there’s a cash lump sum at the end. Anything is just an ego boost only.

I can’t imagine anyone puts “Top 1% Empires and Puzzles player” on there CV’s

No, I just pay to play the game in a fashion I like.

5 Likes

I’ve always believed everyone should play the game as they like. If someone wants to spend on the game, by all means.

Now, whether the prices SG charges for things are worth it… actually this is also a personal choice. Some find worth in it, some don’t. All good.

Everyone should be free to play the game how they like, and be treated with respect for it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My main problem Is, when I go the cinema, I know I have to pay a 5€ ticket, 2€ coke and 3€ popcorn, so it’s kinda 10€ roughly, wich can be reduced to 5€.

If the game Is advertised as free, then all the contents should be free. I’m not even arguing more on the towergate, anyone who’s not been fouled can see what happened, I’m not gonna waste my time anymore.

Also, I think that as a F2P I should have a disadvantage against P2P/P2W/spenders/whales (pick the one that doesn’t offend you), but I should alse have a small chanche to compete.
If you watch football, think about Leicester, once in a while It happens that a small team wins the League, which is dominated by “whales”

1 Like

Actually all are, there’s just a limit as to how far u can go in it or high u can score or level u can reach.

So u pay to enjoy a better experience. Ty for proving our point that it’s all about preference.

1 Like

Exactly that. That’s not a great example bud.

Using your exact example you can:

Play 75 levels for 250 gems

Or

Lower that to no gems for 50 levels.

Still getting to play the game, it’s just for the coke and popcorn you need 250 extra.

That we all had to pay. No one got to play the last 25 levels for free. But we could all watch the film

3 Likes

You newbie! :wink: I’ve clocked up two forum months and the same in game suspensions and one account theft. Made zero difference except I couldn’t summon costume Rigard when he was easy to get because of a suspension that covered two events. That’s when SG stopped making large out of me. I’ve been actively punished since. (can’t say why, “breach of TOS”, the worms)

I get where you are coming from here.

Raids have a measure of overlap between rosters, with those with more shallow rosters having some exposure to those with deeper rosters. However that aside players generally play within their “league” which is largely dictated by a combination of their roster and skill (and to a lesser degree troops). So those who pay to get a better roster typically end up in an alliance with players with a similar-ish roster, at which point the only determining factor is skill. Similarly, those who don’t pay - or who pay and have horrible luck like @sft1965 (and I do feel for the poor luck you have had) - end up in an alliance again with comparable rosters. Again, the determining factor at that point is skill.

So as I see it paying essentially grants you access to more elite alliances where you have the chance to compete with players with more elite rosters vs other players with more elite rosters - therefore literally no advantage in regards to “winning”. In raids you will be regularly pitted against those with comparable rosters, with some deviation towards those with weaker and those with stronger rosters.

Tournies are similar to some extent as you are initially put in a bracket vs those with similar rosters, although I do think there is some non-relative advantage to having a deeper roster in this game format.

I am not delving into PVE events because personally I don’t care enough about them to analyse the potential advantages here.

So all things considered I also think P2P is a much more fitting term than P2W. Skill is found at all levels of paying status and at all levels of rosters, and those with skill will always bat above their weight class regardless of what weight class they are designated.

2 Likes

Oi! You criticising my spending habits? :laughing:

They don’t? :scream:
I’ve got some CVs to rewrite…

1 Like

That’s false. Magic tower was the first event not completely free, you perfectly know that :wink:

Well, let me try again: you go to a cinema with free access but with paying parking, with low quality food for free and upper quality food at a given price.
You likes the cinema, actually you go on daily basis for 3 years, and when you feel you support it paying the parking, the food or whatever else.
Then One day you go to the cinema, and the movie stops right in the middle: you have to pay to watch the end of the movie, or you can simply leave. Guess that this would better figure how I felt about the game in the cast weeks.

And, in case it’s not clear, I’ve NOTHING against the player who spend, I also spent more money than I actually wanted. Everyone should be free to spent their money in the way he wants.

3 Likes