Forum Interviews: An Audience with Zero (@xero786)) 🎙️

We are in our infancy of exploring Legos lol. But he loves the Star Wars stuff I’m slowly getting him so far. I plan on expanding to other space related stuff and into train sets eventually.

This is a lengthy question lol. But I’ll try to be brief. I left mostly because I was spending too much time in managing E&P and not enough in life. I felt like I was missing out on time with my son and my marriage was getting strained. So life comes first and I left. Time went by and I was pretty successful in staying away from the game for a while and slowly started peeking in now and then. After a few months I actually changed my name and went to a lower tier alliance to see if I would still enjoy playing :slight_smile: needless to say the people in that alliance were amazing. Made me miss my Departed family. When it looked like Departed needed a little help, I offered to come back with conditions of staying as far away from anything to do with leadership as possible. I wanted the option to step away from my phone for an extended period after all. And it has been working out. I spend a lot less time in the game now and focus on the things I enjoy. So I’m sticking around as long as that still applies.

Unfortunately I’m not in as unique a position as you may think :slight_smile: I found out about the bug well after it had been fixed so never saw it first hand. So I know what most other people know through accounts of other testers. Regarding my thoughts:

• from my understanding this applied to raid boards and raid tourney boards. I don’t think it got confirmed elsewhere. While this was obviously still a major problem, it’s scope was somewhat limited imo.
  • I don’t think it was ever confirmed or even tested on events. I don’t think events have come on Beta for a long time. tbh I wouldn’t know as I hadn’t been in beta for a long time myself, I had left it well before I left the game. I literally redownloaded beta to see the nerfs and make sure SG didn’t completely wreck the nerfs and proceeded to delete it again after.
  • There was also very little actual overlap between events being in beta and in Live at the same time. From my understanding, that would have had to happen for anyone to take advantage for a bug if it existed.
  • even if a bug did exist, I don’t think this one would help events. To compete in events you flee and restart until you find the right board for the team and level. Knowing ahead of time what your board might be doesn’t really help in that. E.g if I need a great red board for a run on a level, even if I know my next board will be blue, that doesn’t help. That’s obv just my opinion based on what I know of the bug.
  • where I think this would have hurt the most if it did exist there is in wars. And I don’t think anyone ever confirmed that.
  • lastly I have my doubts that anyone really exploited this bug. It wasn’t really a known bug (I know people say it was reported earlier but when talking to the person who did report it, it wasn’t specifically about boards, but about overall RNG, like chests etc. and he also says that he couldn’t reproduce it later). And to truly exploit it someone would have to redownload their profile over and over again. And as we found out recently :slight_smile: its VERY apparent when someone does that in Beta. It would have gotten noticed very quickly.
7 Likes