Forum Interviews: An Audience with Zero (@xero786)) šŸŽ™ļø

3vphg5

Good day, friends

We do indeed live in interesting times; with much heartache filling our screens and, sometimes, our streets.

Each one of us can make a conscious decision to be the very best examples of ourselves today, tomorrow and every day.

Speaking of being the best (or one of them :blush:), itā€™s my privilege to introduce @Xero786 - the renowned Zero.

When I was just hitting my stride as an active player, Zeroā€™s name was frequently sat atop the challenge event results screen; I goggled at his base reveal on YouTube and gazed at his rare avatars like a star-struck tween :star_struck:.

Having been privy to beta discussions, Iā€™ve also seen his efforts to improve the game for all players regardless of experience and budget.

Wash your hands :sweat_drops::palms_up_together:, wear a mask as appropriate :mask: and stay at home :house:.

Remember to #PlayApartTogether

If you missed them, you can find previous interviews below:

Interview Index

@chadmo - Here

@Aquaginera_7DD - Here

@ArktikaTF - Here

@zephyr1- Here

@rook - Here

@littleKAF - Here

@guvnor - Here

@DaveCozy - Here

@Mr.Spock - Here

@Razor - Here

@ScottySG - Here

@NPNKY - Here

@NittanyLionRoar - Here

@Novo - Here

@MysterySpin - Here

@TheChef - Here

@Math4lyfe - Here

@Kikyo - Here

@BarryWuzHere -Here

@IvyTheTerrible - Here

@Pois1 - Here

@akionna - Here

Next interview is with the uniquely thoughtful and entertainingly unorthodox @RandaPanduh

19 Likes
  • how long have you been playing? :hourglass_flowing_sand:

May of 2017. And Iā€™m way too lazy to look up an exact date. I remember seeing the add on Facebook while I was traveling for work, got me curious, and the rest is history.

• whatā€™s your current role in your alliance? :bar_chart:

Current role is just a regular old member :slight_smile: Iā€™ve taken a backseat since my return to the game to avoid burning out and just have fun playing it.

• which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them? :muscle:

As of this moment I am not leveling any hero, but Iā€™m getting very trigger happy to max my Guardian Chameleon. Really want to try it in events and some titans. The attack boost and Crit boost sounds fun. Will just need to figure out how to properly use the element change. I used a team of Evelyn, Greg, Kingston, Rat and Tarlak in the last even and it was disgusting. Melted the bosses in stage 14. So chameleon can only make it better :slight_smile:

• Which is your favourite hero in your roster, and why? :heart:

This is a really difficult question. If I would pick 5 they would be Ares, Hel, Panther, Lepus, Black Knight. Picking 1 is almost impossible for me. So in terms of pure use out of all of them I would say Hel is my favorite.

A lot of people know that I didnā€™t have Hel in my roster until S2 and Atlantis Summons started. I started the game f2p and didnā€™t get her in my limited pulls that month. Anchor made sure to flaunt his 2 Hels in my face for a looooong time. She was the original OP tank. And is still just so good. Locks down an entire half of the field in War and raids, and is so useful on titans. And she is a lifesaver in the elite stages on the map.

• Whatā€™s your favourite source for E&P play advice? :game_die:

Hmm, the 7D discord server has been my go to for advice for a looong time. So many amazing players there to guide you as your progress. Other then that Iā€™d say my Alliance Chat is also a really good place for advice :slight_smile: lots of really smart people there.

• Do you have a particular memory of a great victory, a tragic defeat or a moment of madness? :exploding_head:

So many! The latest is one of victory. Our wars with Crystal Palace are always highly charged, ridiculously competitive and amazingly close slug fests. A few weeks ago our war was down to the wire (which is the norm between us). We each had 2 flags left and single digit points separated us with about 2 minutes left on the war clock. All 4 flags went in at the same time adding to all our anxiety and we are going crazy in the alliance chat just watching. The time ticked by to 0 and the hits are still in progress. About a minute and a half post the war timer our first hit finishes, itā€™s a one shot and we go crazy. 15s later CPs first hit finishes, also a OS pretty much returning the anxiety in full force. Fortunately we are still ahead by a few points. Then the wait gets really intense. You could really cut the tension with a knife and I was pretty sure I was going to have a heart attack. About 5 minutes after the war clock expired, our second hit finishes. Itā€™s a fail! And not a great one. I think CP just needed 18 pts to win and Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™ve lost this one. However before that could even sink in CPs second hit finishes, our alliance chat was going crazy!!! We had won by 3 points!!!

• Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player? :man_student:

New player? BoldTusk. Bread and butter for you. I still use him till this day. One of the most amazing heroes in all of E&P. He is sturdy, the heal is nice, and the attack boost is game changing. I always tell new players to go for BoldTusk, Grimm and Wu.

• What can you see out of your window right now? :telescope:

An lawn that needs mowingā€¦ badly!!! And itā€™s storming outside so canā€™t even cut it. Itā€™s really annoying me. But the rabbits are having fun in the unusually tall grass

• If @petri was coming to dinner, what would you cook?

Petri doesnā€™t want me to cookā€¦ ever. But if he does come over I would first ask for my salary since Iā€™m apparently a Dev :stuck_out_tongue: then I would feed him a grilled cheese. Or if Iā€™m particularly adventurous, Iā€™d make Biryani (traditional Pakistani dish) He gets to decide whether he wants to risk it or not.

• If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be? :crystal_ball:

Hmm. Realistic changes would be a) a functional hero academy that works for both f2p and long term p2w players. And b) variations in defensive formations. Itā€™s about timeā€¦

Less realistic ones, T R A D I N G. Or the ability to give a small shock to the devs every time one of us pulls a duplicate hero from any summons.

• If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously , what would you buy? :moneybag:

Oooo a $1000! Lets seeā€¦ id probably buy a few LEGO sets and have a great time with my son. Now where is my money???

• this is a really strange and challenging time for all of us across the whole player base and all our communities around the world. How has your alliance been supporting each other or those around them? :handshake:

Itā€™s a stressful time in many peopleā€™s lives. Games shouldnā€™t add to the stress. So we do try to keep it as light as possible which is much appreciated. We have a few players on the front lines as healthcare workers who do so much and I am personally so proud of them :slight_smile: And they know our alliance is a safe place for them to do whatever they need. Whether itā€™s venting, or binging on E&P shenanigans, or just sit back and enjoy light hearted banter.

Sooo about that $1000ā€¦???

50 Likes

Even just reading this gave me anxiety. I had to scroll down to the picture about half way through to see how the story was going to end. Lol.

Thanks for an amazing interview, @Xero786! Iā€™ve always respected your views as they usually represent the bigger picture and entire player base.

And a thank you to @JonahTheBard for having great taste in such wonderful people to interview. Itā€™s been cool to connect with so many different playersā€¦ from different alliancesā€¦ with different play stylesā€¦

22 Likes

@Xero786 Great interview! :slight_smile: 10011100011110100101

7 Likes

I miss you @Xero786! Awesome interview. You know whatā€™s coming:

FLYINGHUGTACKLE!!!

16 Likes

The legend! And gives a great interview too. Thanks for all you do, your commitment and words of advice are appreciated!

6 Likes

Amazing interview. Had never heard of him, but seeing as i am the young pup and new to the game, iā€™m not surprised. Good writing style, knows how to keep you interested!

I just have to say, i wasnā€™t worried. :slight_smile:

:wink:

6 Likes

Wow, burn :rofl:

Thatā€™s you orange listed :fire::fire::fire: :wink:

14 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

7 Likes

I love itā€¦not as an offense to @Xero786 but rather a testament to @Saphirra 's youthful innocence.

@Xero786 weā€™ve never crossed pathsā€¦we probably never will, but thanks for your contributions to the game and glad youā€™ve stepped into a role within your alliance where you can breathe and enjoy the game.

Concerning opening pivotal S1 heroes (particularly healers) I find that there seems to be two camps either Boldtusk or Rigard and I find which most people answer is indicative of their playstyles (then you have @zephyr1 with his Kiril army as the anomaly.)

14 Likes

@zephyr1 May be laughing at all of us eventuallyā€¦ who know what the next meta will bring.

And honestly, heā€™s costume is super nice :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Xero786, thank you for everything youā€™ve done for the game! (Whenever I look at leaderboards of challenge events, I still look for your nameā€¦ kind of a fanboy here. :sweat_smile: )

@Saphirra - man! For a moment there, I thought you were being sarcastic.
Zeroā€™s stature in E&P community is nothing short of a legend (Yes! I mean 5*)
Might I suggest you to check out his raid videos on youtube? I find them quite instructionalā€¦ :slight_smile:

Cheers!!

7 Likes

One may even say itā€™s dapperā€¦

Edit: Damnit I realized you were talking about Kiril and not Rigardā€¦

6 Likes

At least you didnā€™t think I was talking about zephā€™s. Lol

7 Likes

Excellent interview 01011010011001010111001001101111 :slight_smile:

and

haha

4 Likes

All this binary talk. Sheesh.

7 Likes

Not the first time. :sweat_smile::joy::joy::joy:

Youthful innocence. Lol. Yep, have no idea.

You may. Wouldnā€™t happen to have a link would you? I need to broaden my horizons

6 Likes

Just search for Zero Empires and Puzzles on YouTube. I wasnā€™t exaggerating when I said he is considered a legend of this game. :slight_smile:

Here you go, link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/asharwasi

Cheers!! :beers:

8 Likes

Thank you!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

This is one time I can plesently say, I had Zero interest in this interview. Ba-dum-tish!

11 Likes