Forum Interviews: An Audience with @theChef 🎙️

I’ll second voidstrike - I’d really enjoy hearing more about your cooking / restaurant. Best dishes, type of cuisine, number of Michelin stars, etc. If you’re willing to share, what is it called (if too personal, np). Will also accept any pictures of food.

Freya seems great, but I’ve found her to be a lackluster defender so far. I don’t have her, but I’m assuming she’ll be great with heroes like Telluria and Seshat. Seems really fun.

I have never competed in events (though I finish them all), but I’m increasingly been wondering if I should / almost have to to get another loot source. If I were going to take a small first step in that direction, what would you recommend I do? I’m pretty sure I know the basics like desired items and generally red mono strat, but is there anything unusual you’d suggest? Even what tier to tackle first that may be easier to break into?

Sorry to hear about the COVID-19 situation. :frowning:

7 Likes

Me too!

I’m surprised there isn’t a community thread on this subject already.

@TheChef enjoyed reading your interview. I think its pretty amazing that your an actual chef and that you like to play Call of Duty. Please share some food pics if possible.

@JonahTheBard these interviews sessions are great! :+1:

7 Likes

Well, I currently don’t have an employer. I was supposed to start somewhere April 1st, but then Covid happened and that got postponed indefinitely.

Personally, I prefer comfort food, which is very broad because every country or culture has it’s own typ of comfort food. But wherever it’s from, it’s always good!

10 Likes

I have only won 2 Challenge events: last Wonderland and Pirates the month before that.

I honestly don’t know how many top 10 finishes I have. I’d say around 30 total if I gave a rough estimate.

One other massive achievement I had was starting 7DF (Fermented originally) and getting it to #1 in 73 days. That was pretty dope too.

8 Likes

Don’t talk to me about Chef Boldtusk lol. I’m still salty that SG didn’t give me one for free eventhough it’s like looking at myself!
(That’s not serious for those that think I’m entitled🤣)

10 Likes

There is! Though it didn’t really take off - maybe I should add something to it soon.

5 Likes

Sucks about the Covid situation, being in the industry (from corporate/administrative stance) I understand the cost-cutting measures being taken on limited staff. I hope they are able to get you in working soon as I am sure it’s hard to be away from your professional passion.

That’s awesome on the comfort food, it’s probably my favorite style, since it’s focus is on giving you that warm goofy smile when you’re finished.
I failed at my own truck startup (or rather have not yet succeeded and am taking an indefinite break to recoup my losses, regroup, retool and make another go at it) and my cuisine was incorporating comfort food with international flair.

4 Likes

You need 1 big skill for events I’d say: you have to be able to look 2 steps ahead and 2 steps back in a matter of seconds. This allows you to recognize good boards from bad ones.

A good score is made out of 3 things:
Time
Matchbonus
Chests (if you’re lucky)
A small part is health, but if one of the bosses fires his special, it’ll already hurt your time bonus and you won’t have a top score.

Ultimately, you want to get through the first wave of mobs in 1 move, maybe 2 on the later stages. So being able to recognize a good board is important because it’ll help your time bonus.

Once a board pops up, you need to immediately be able to see a move the could work. First thing you do is kinda predict what cascade it’s gonna cause and second thing you do is see if there’s other moves you can make that will create the move you initially saw. And all this needs to be done in like the first 2 seconds.

What to do when you get a chest?
Basically the same but you have 2 moves to set yourself up. The moment the chest opens, the above starts.
If you get a chest of wave 2 or 3 however, you have to just make moves that cause big cascades, once the chest opens, you bomb your way through again.

I’d say start with Rare if you have costumed Gunnar. The pretty much the cheapest to compete in and although the top 10 farms for chests on Rare because they have way more value, it’ll teach you the basics of eventing pretty well.

6 Likes

Comfort food should make you wanna pass out Al Bundy style, that’s what I love about it.
I have a beans on toast recipe that takes 4h to make (Jamie Oliver recipe), but it’s worth every second of the process and I legit have to take a nap after making and eating it.

4 Likes

Re Chef Boldy, now I’m imagining you wielding a frying pan with menace :rofl:

sorry to hear about the delays to your start date caused by COVID-19 . hope the employer will take proper care of you.

completely agree about comfort food - eat, get full, pass out, rinse, repeat.

and thank you kindly for the challenge event tips. I’ve been improving a little bit every month, and your tips are encouraging me to aim a bit higher this time.

6 Likes

Nice meeting you Chef! Hoping this Covid stuff ends soon and your back to cooking for appreciative patrons!

4 Likes

Thanks Mr chef and Johan keep it onwards n upwards!

4 Likes

That was a good interview. i especially liked the way you answered, “What are you looking at out your window?”

1 Like

I could’ve made something up, but yeah, I’d rather be real lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the insights Chef. I don’t know you but now I know a little bit about you so that’s a good thing. Best of luck in finding work and not gaining 50lbs being “forced” to eat all your comfort cooking lol

3 Likes

I’m kinda glad I missed this many interviews. I WAS bored then said to myself “Hey self, why not see if the great Bard has any new interviews?”
Lo and behold he sure did, a whole bunch that I missed. Thanks again for doing this!!! @JonahTheBard, you deserve a medal or a trophy or something? I’ll mail you 33cents to get started!!

2 Likes

@TheChef Can you comment on why you decided to close the Kitchen? Are you retiring, taking a break or joining another alliance?

2 Likes

He’s not quitting, at least not Yet anyways

As far as The Kitchen; too many players got burnt out on telluria telluria telluria and wanted to leave which would have left too many holes to fill with recruitiment and keep their current titan/war level, so decided to disband. Chef will probly be mercing around for awhile and takin it easy in the game, the rest of the help from the Kitchen are spread amongst different alliances

9 Likes

I missed it… I need this post reinstated, stat !!!
@KLinMayhem

1 Like

Cookie Settings