Forum Interviews: An Audience with @TGW šŸŽ™ļø

Thank you sir!

Definitely great honeymoon spot.

And seconding @Joyful818ā€™s query, is there something you havenā€™t told us??? Is that why youā€™ve been missing titans, because youā€™ve been planning a wedding? In that case, kudos young man! :wink:

3 Likes

Most people get married. It sounds like a great place to be

I wish so, but i have been grounded where my phone is concerned. Lol. And Votec has started. So, yeah. Lol.

4 Likes

A private cabin in the woods is definitely a great honeymoon spot. Or anniversary spot, or any kind of romantic type retreat spot. Because itā€™s literally just the two of you, together, 24/7, with nobody else around, no real distractions.

Which: in my opinionā€¦ going a bit off topic here, but this is kind of a serious thing. A lot of couples get together because they were initially attracted to certain qualities in the other one. But then once they move in together, they start to learn that there are other qualities that they donā€™t like about their partners.

Nowā€¦ a lot of couples find these differences to be too much to handle, so what they end up doing is separating themselves, even though theyā€™re still cohabitating. They find outside friends and hobbies, take on extra hours at work, etc., in an attempt to intentionally spend time apart. And to some degree, thatā€™s actually kind of healthy. But oftentimes you find that there are people who have been in longtime relationships / marriages who almost never spend any time at all together in person. And thatā€™s probably not so healthy, for a relationship at least.

The Coronavirus thing has brought that to light for a lot of relationships. People who were used to barely spending any time together at all, suddenly being forced to stay at home and spend actual time with their families and partnersā€¦ and getting on each otherā€™s nerves, sometimes to the point that they start fighting and end up hating each other.

From a relationship standpoint: if you canā€™t at least spend a few days alone with just that one person that you love and have committed to spending the rest of your life with, without going absolutely bonkers and wishing they would go away, thenā€¦ maybe the two of you arenā€™t as compatible as you initially thought you were. :slightly_smiling_face:

When you do meet the person you wish to marryā€¦ assuming that you truly intend on spending the rest of your life with that one personā€¦ you have to make absolutely sure - physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, etc. - that you have found the right person that you absolutely beyond any shred of any possible doubt, truly want to spend the rest of your life with. Spending time ā€œalone togetherā€ in a situation where neither one of you are distracted by friends, family, work, etc. is a perfect way to test that relationship.

Will either bring you closer together, or drive you further apart. Then you have your answer.

7 Likes

thatā€™s what happened to me.

First boyfriend: we saw each other every weekend (and holidays) for 5 years. Year 6, we moved in together IN ANOTHER CONTINENT (we enrolled in the same Mastersā€™ program). Year 7, we broke up.

Second boyfriend is going much better, thankfully. We moved in just before the quarantine measures hit, and found that we had much more in common than we thought; and that any little annoyances were so minor that it took little effort to overlook them. 5 months and counting; though before moving in we were already headed in that direction.

8 Likes

I hope you two continue to be happy together!

5 months may not be a long time, butā€¦ thereā€™s a big difference between dating for 5 months vs. living together for 5 months. Some people can date each other for years, and the first time they try to spend a weekend living together, by Sunday morning they are clamoring to get as far away from the other person as possible. :laughing:

5 Likes

Iā€™m out of love but I love hearing a romantic; I wish i had the bones for that kind of stuff. :+1:

PS, for what itā€™s worth, Discord blitzes LINE.

2 Likes

Great post TGW! Being on my second marriage this is so crucial. And I have kids so letting them know about this could save a lot of heartache down the road. Attraction and falling in love is pretty easy to come about. Actually LIKING the person is the key to longevity. And people still get married with the idea that things get better. If thereā€™s little ā€œlikeā€, the love is going to wane quickly. Stay in like my friend.

8 Likes

Iā€™m relatively new to the forum and didnā€™t know about these interviews. This, along with the following comments, has been a great read.

I love the ā€œgetting back to natureā€ topic. Iā€™m a molecular biologist (genetics/reproductive endocrinology) and have lived in tiny towns to epic metropolises around the world. While I love much of civilization, we are animals. Being able to get into nature, the ocean does it for me, is essential for physical and mental health.

I realise the irony of writing this comment from my mobile phone to a forum made up of folks from all around the world who play a fantasy game daily, which is only possible because of technological innovation and digitalisation of our lives; but finding time to disassociate to get some Vitamin sea (or tree) is good for the soul.

12 Likes

I had always pegged you as being older than you clearly must be. How do I get things so wrong? If everyone more mature than me were older, there would hardly be a 5 year old leftā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

You are mature, but you have mastered the art of being fun and humerous

3 Likes

Canā€™t disagree in any meaningful way. I live 160 m east of the yellow marker. Lifeā€™s a beach, then you move there and it gets better. PS. The water really is that colour except more delicious.

And trees are good for the soul. (a young Steve in front of a 90 metre giant)

4 Likes

160m! :star_struck:

I guess Iā€™ll just have to suffer through my 10 minute drive to get hereā€¦

5 Likes

Hey there pupper!!

20 dog treatsā€¦

3 Likes

sleepyhead is a young pup still, but heā€™s probably more ā€œmatureā€ than me in many respects. Mostly because Iā€™m desperately trying to relive a childhood that was robbed from me. Maturity is great in some respects, but donā€™t ever let life get you so jaded that you forget how to goof around sometimes. :wink:

3 Likes

@Saphirra had a comment just earlier about me which was nice, however elsewhere when people think me younger, one of my cynical friends will pipe up and say ā€œthatā€™s because he failed to grow upā€.

2 Likes

@TGW, I have to ask, did you or @Saphirra ever realise that this coffee cup cult would become a ā€˜thingā€™?

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the way I look at that.

When I was a kid, I was forced to grow up fast. All I wanted to do was play around and have fun, but for reasons that are way too long and personal to get into, I wasnā€™t able to. Once I got old enough to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, thatā€™s exactly what I did, to make up for the fact that I wasnā€™t able to before.

When I met my first wife, we were both in our early 20s, and we both liked to have fun.

There came a point somewhere along the way where she decided it was time to ā€œgrow up and get seriousā€, be ambitious, blah blah blah, some other such nonsense like that. I didnā€™t want to. What is the point in working your butt off all week making money if youā€™re just going to spend it on boring crap and spend your days off mowing the lawn, painting the fence, etc. What kind of life is that? People do realize that we only have a limited amount of time on this life, right? Who the hell wants to spend half of it doing stuff that makes them miserable? Not me.

So that relationship was a bust.

I still like and respect my ex, but she wanted me to work 1000 hours a week so that we could have lots of money to buy a gigantic house on a gigantic property, so that I could spend my precious little time off mowing our 10,000 square mile lawn or whateverā€¦ no thank you! Sheesh. If thatā€™s what she wants out of life? Find yourself another mate, because this guy ainā€™t down for that! :laughing:

I would like to actually enjoy what is left of my life while Iā€™m still able to.

As for the coffee cups, nopeā€¦ I had no idea it would become a thing. Started off as a joke. I figured it would die off in a week or so. But a month or so later, people were still requesting cups. I never would have guessed that it would take off like that.

3 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the coffee cup avatar thing?

3 Likes

Started off as a joke meme thing I made, a fake infomercial type. I promised the ā€œfirst 10 callersā€ would get a free customized coffee cup.

It was supposed to be a joke, but I actually made cup pics for the first few who replied to my post. Then others started asking for one of their own. Eventually people started putting them as avatar pics and they were everywhere. :laughing:

5 Likes

Just so I make it clear to prospective cult members:

The full horrorā€¦

4 Likes