Forum Interviews: An Audience with@ScottySG 🎙️

3vphg5

Afternoon Empires Squad,

How is everyone?

Firstly, I wanted to address the dangers of nerfing heroes.

I took a nerf dart in the face yesterday and got a lovely round bruise on my eyeball. @petri, please consider buffing my Evade talent…

Anyway, enough of that; please welcome a legend in his own lunchtime, the marvelous @ScottySG

Wash your hands :sweat_drops::palms_up_together:, wear a mask as appropriate :mask: and stay at home :house:.

Remember to #PlayApartTogether

If you missed them, you can find previous interviews below:

@NPNKY - Here

@NittanyLionRoar - Here

@Novo - Here

@MysterySpin - Here

@TheChef - Here

@Math4lyfe - Here

@Kikyo - Here

@BarryWuzHere -Here

@IvyTheTerrible - Here

@Pois1 - Here

@akionna - Here

Our interviews will be moving to every three days, hereafter.

For the next interview we welcome Titan Mafia don and dark knight, the rapier-sharp @Razor

19 Likes

For anyone unfamiliar with Scotty, I’ll also paste in his brief bio from the Let’s Introduce Ourselves thread

• how long have you been playing? :hourglass_flowing_sand:

I downloaded Empires & Puzzles in September of 2018.

• what’s your current role in your alliance? :bar_chart:

My title is leader but our Alliance doesn’t require a whole lot of leading. I’m more of the assistant coach who reiterates everything the coach says only in a more enthusiastic way. DEFENSE! We are quite laid back and stick to our war strategy and have fun throwing tiles at titans. Over the past 18 months or so, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing and getting to know our team. We boast having one of the coolest 73 year old’s in Empires & Puzzles. He’s an absolute riot!

• which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them? :muscle:

Due to a lack of ascension materials, I’m currently levelling Mireweave while the 5*s sit on the back burner at 3/70. Our thoughts and prayers go to Guinevere while she sadly waits for 5 more darts. I plan on using Mireweave to whip stuff and things. Maybe stack some chain of pain.

• Which is your favourite hero in your roster, and why? :heart:

Aegir. Good old Aegir. He was my first Hero of the Month and to be honest, was a little underwhelming at first. After sending numerous support requests and answering them myself, the glorious game gods decided to give Aegir a little polish. He’s now been my tank for quite some time (or at least until Guin finds some darts).

Disclaimer: No support requests were sent by myself to myself or answered by myself to myself. That would just be weird.

• What’s your favourite source for E&P play advice? :game_die:

@KiraSG and I often talk about Heroes and different compositions. She’s always happy to lend a helping hand in restructuring my wayward Heroes. I also come here to lurk in the Forums quite a lot. Fortunately, we have some amazing players in our community who share some invaluable information.

• Do you have a particular memory of a great victory, a tragic defeat or a moment of madness? :exploding_head:

We had an Alliance War that came down to the last flag. One of the harder opponents was all that stood between us and tasting sweet victory. Unfortunately, old matey potatey didn’t exactly have the ability to choose 5 great Heroes for his last hit and went for a YOLO unlevelled mono team with Wu. A Wumolo if you will. Between a great board and monkey man, we pushed in front by a couple of points and sealed the win. When in doubt, always wumolo.

• Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player? :man_student:

I’m going to think outside the box and say Cyprian. I use Cyprian in an offense like a disposable paper cup but a lot of the time, Cyp manages to take down at least one or two enemies with just standing there and taking abuse.

• What can you see out of your window right now? :telescope:

I was watching a squirrel in the tree next to me earlier. Now there’s just your standard tree that Max likes to smell on his walks. On a side note, as an Australian, I had absolutely no idea how small squirrels were before moving to Finland. Or reindeers for that matter. I literally thought you could ride them.

• If you threw a surprise party for @petri, what entertainment would you provide?

Virtanen! I may not have spelled that correctly but it’s basically energy drink and vodka. A few of those and everything will be classed as entertainment! I’d also ensure there is Karaoke so Petri can finally compose his rap video for the Forum.

• If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be? :crystal_ball:

Not realistic - Trading currency. A currency that can not be bought or farmed but literally just comes with time and RNG. You can use this currency to transfer Heroes between Alliance members’ accounts provided both players have the required amount of this currency. There would need to be a substantial number of caveats in place but in a perfect world, it would be nice if this worked.

Realistic - The ability to view war attacks in real-time (or in the past). It would be amazing to see how your defense holds up or to cheer on your Alliance mate as they throw tiles into the abyss.

• If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously , what would you buy? :moneybag:

I’m useless with money. Another dog? Ten 100 dollar cats? Some form of exotic turtle that my son can ride? Nahhh, I would pitch in some of my own money and fly my Dad from Australia to Europe and we would do a golfing holiday before his knees completely give out and we lose the opportunity.

• this is a really strange and challenging time for all of us across the whole player base and all our communities around the world. How has your alliance been supporting each other or those around them? :handshake:

As we have members from all across the globe, we have each been comparing how this has been impacting our lives and sharing what has worked for us. For myself, with two young kids and a wife who is also working from home, I’m still searching for that answer. Noise cancelling headphones have been a treat. In all seriousness though, what I love about games, is that in a matter of seconds you can be in a completely different universe. Life getting you down? Worried about the virus? Sick of watching reruns of Seinfeld on telly? (impossible) … Go check out your Stronghold for a while and see how far you can farm with a team of Muggies. Go burn some flasks on a Titan and chuckle at your damage. Go see how many cups you can get and how quickly you lose them when you go back to watching reruns of Seinfeld. Fortunately, those little people in the Stronghold are wandering around as if nothing bad is happening. Go and get in the same mindset as them and try and make the most of these tough times as best you can :)emphasized text

24 Likes

@JonahTheBard sorry to hear about the nerf dart, hope you heal soon - that’ll teach you to evade better next time :wink: seriously though, hope it wasn’t too bad.

lovely and hilarious read, @ScottySG , I am super envious of your cool job / cool industry . I got Cyprian late, and really only leveled him because I ran out of Purple 4*s for a bit. But, I do appreciate him when he comes out for a late war flag.

And thanks for reinforcing and reminding: but this is a game, and should above all be enjoyable :slight_smile: I remind myself of that every time I lose a frustrating raid :wink:

10 Likes

So many of my gameplay wtfs have been answered in this one line.

9 Likes

Oh dear… That is an interesting tactic

I too would like to hear this. Rumour has it that Petri was the voice of Richard in his audition tapes… :thinking:

:joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

(Tagging @ScottySG seeing as all the quotes are for JB)

9 Likes

Wait…reindeer AREN’T big?

And now that you mentioned it, what are all those people aimlessly wandering around my empire doing? How have I never wondered this before, while endlessly flipping over pumpkins and stuff.

I’ve never really been comfortable with Aegir. Which stinks, since I really like his concept and art. I guess one problem is that I have timing issues and often then don’t a lot out of his healing function. How do you handle it? Like how is your team stacked? Do you hold his skill until you can shuffle some blue tiles onto the board? In the meantime, do you use another healer?

What’s your go-to karaoke song?

4 Likes

Thanks for the fantastic interview @ScottySG. You guys really rock. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I used to use aegir in 3-2 with zim(i know u asked @ScottySG but as usual I’m chimin in with my 2 cents anyways lol)

Worked out decent due to buffing attack+defense+HoT(elemental link heals) and being able to heal your heroes with red or blue tiles, that outside of titans was my favorite use for aegir personally. Stacking all of that into 9 tiles or less per color was solid.

3 Likes

Another excellent interview and a pleasure to hear that our devs are human after all, unlike that robot @zephyr1 who they’ve programmed to do their grunt work. Break the chains of tyranny @zephyr1 and grab Petri’s vodka on the way out the door.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Missed the timeline on this.

Was this found out before or after all of his forum errors? Lol

9 Likes

Actually robot Zephyr is more like Agent Smith and working to convert us all…you should see how elated he gets when some of his brainwashing starts working on me and I say “you know what I actually want to finish working on my 3 star projects instead of rushing to work on the shiny new 5 star I’ve drawn (in this case Alasie)”.

11 Likes

I’m surprised no one has jumped on this yet. How realistic is this??

9 Likes

@JonahTheBard this was such a wonderful idea!! Thanks for putting it all together for us.

@ScottySG wonderful read! Thank you for sharing. Seems like several of us forum folk are working on mireweave. We should see who maxes him (her? Idk) first. I’m always up for some type of competition. :wink: @Novo and @PapaHeavy already have me beat.

9 Likes

A very good read. Very good sir. I’ve seen @ScottySG in the counting games a few times, and in the AtoZ Category - List before a mod/staff resets the list. (Letter A or mod gets to reset) one as well. I am looking forward to these.

On a side note and most likely off-topic, When will @JonahTheBard do an audience with himself?

4 Likes

Voilà

4 Likes

I was curious myself actually as i always thought it was one of the unrealistic requests

But now we have a staff member saying it CAN be done…:thinking::thinking::thinking: this changes things

4 Likes

technically, it wasn’t you answering your own questions.

4 Likes

Touché, @Saphirra, touché

5 Likes

:heart: this is all i have to offer for the moment.

4 Likes

Out of likes, huh?

Yeah… me too. Sad face.

5 Likes

Cookie Settings