Forum Interviews: An Audience with.... @pois1 🎙️

3vphg5

Happy Saturday, everyone

This is the inaugural thread in a new series where we interview some of the forum’s top contributors.

#PlayApartTogether

And to get the ball rolling, please welcome one of our valued Content Creators - @pois1

How long have you been playing? :hourglass_flowing_sand:

• I have been playing since 10.9.2017 and I never missed a single day.

What’s your current role in your alliance? :bar_chart:

• My home alliance or at least what I feel is my home alliance is Rook’s Misfit Toys (I am very fond of her :slight_smile: ) but I am switching alliances from time to time. I have my own alliance where my other four accounts are and during the last Path of Valor and during the next one I will play for a Bulgarian alliance БГ Пустиняците.

Which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them? :muscle:

• Currently I am thinking about which 5* blue Hero to level next. Not quite sure. I like Alasie a lot but I already have two maxed, Richard and Perseus absolutely not so maybe I’ll do second Isarnia - best hero in the game for me

Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player? :man_student:

• I recommend Isarnia by all means, looks great, plays great, costume’s great (don’t have it by the way). For a 4* I recommend any Ramming Pulverizer Hero like Gormek, Tiburtus or Grimm + Wu Kong for titans. Best 3* is by far Brienne

What can you see out of your window right now? :telescope:

• A beautiful countryside of Western Bohemia. I look straight at a 630m hill with a huge cross on its peak.

If @petri was coming to dinner, what would you cook? :bento:

• I don’t cook, so sorry Petri. Beer from local store it is :slight_smile:

If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be? :crystal_ball:

• I will add more stats to the profile, probably make it two-paged (no surprises here, huh?). Less realistic – I will grant me a special avatar for whatever reason SG comes up with. I would love to have an avatar which no one else has (as a reward from SG, I will appreciate it very much, thank you). Best avatar possible is the Christmas Owl (the one with the red hat) or the Forest/Sapphire Frog, maybe even the Emerald Centipede.

If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously, what would you buy? :moneybag:

• At the moment I’d probably give it to my brother and his wife, they are expecting! If I shall spend it for myself I will buy something in the game of course.

Here are some links to some of @Pois1’s work

Forum Interview Series:
IvyTheTerrible - Link

37 Likes

This is a cool idea! Perhaps add some more questions (favorite moment in game, favorite hero in roster etc.).

I used to do these with members in 7D and I remember it being so much fun to do!

18 Likes

Thanks @TheChef :slight_smile:

I’ve got a handful in the pipeline, but I can add some questions to Season Two :grin:

11 Likes

@Pois1, I am shocked (SHOCKED) to find you have FOUR OTHER ACCOUNTS. I’m aware many players have an alt, but four seems like it’d be legit difficult to manage. Are you on each of them every day? How long does that take? Why so many? Like what do you use them for?

I’d also be curious to more about how you got started on your journey as a forum content creator. What was your impetus behind that? How did you get started? What are your goals? What sort of things do you have in the pipeline or what kind of ideas do you have for potential future projects?

17 Likes

Are they called Pois2 - Pois5 :thinking:

11 Likes

@Pois1 of course it would be two pages of stats! :grin:

8 Likes

Great idea and the perfect player to start it with. I look forward to more!!!

8 Likes

I dont know who is the interviewed but I love the idea.

More, I need more of this :grimacing:

10 Likes

There will be one ever other day all this week :zzz::partying_face:

12 Likes

Pois1, it was and will be a pleasure to play together and support each other at “БГ Пустиняците”. You are a great team player! :beers:

10 Likes

Enjoyed reading through it and found myself wishing it was longer when I reached the end. Excellent idea @JonahTheBard

12 Likes

I also manage 4 acc’s and on them all daily but one of them is in my training alliance and the other 3 in my alliance.
Reason for it at the time was I enjoyed the game but I was only on an acc for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time as there wasn’t much to do at all thus opening other acc’s allowed me to play for longer periods of time.

These days though although I still maintain each acc they are becoming a handful as there is so much more to do now than there was 12 to 18 months ago.

So yes 4 acc’s is currently keeping me busy also ATM.

6 Likes

@JonahTheBard, suggestion to maybe link some of @Pois1’s work to this thread for anyone who’s unfamiliar?

13 Likes

Hi Ivy,

I created the second account to play only with 3* maxed heroes and see how far I can go, that account name is Pois1 with three stars at both sides.
Third account was created to sandbag tokens and only use them on Christmas each year, that account name is “The Collector”.
Fourth account is “Rita Vrataski” and it was created to go crazy about the troops. Buy troops, train troops, just invest everything in troops.
Fifth account is “Yreguoth” and it was created to try a different tactics and buy the offer from shop, the one which gives four epic hero tokens and stuff. Also this account is going to win a 1000 Raids in a row because the previous attempt at 1000 ended by a trivial mistake at 669 wins (took one hero to a Raid and lost).

None of these original strategies is in place now. I just use the accounts to kill 1-5* titans myself and collect all the stats. Apart from titan hunting I barely play the alts at all.

Content Creator stuff:
It started when I was looking for a list of heroes and found out there is none or at least none I liked visually, so I tried to create a better looking one and it went from there. I spent hundreds of ours trying to put different stats together, monsters, quests, heroes, summons, drops etc.
At the moment, since I cannot really go anywhere, I have a lot of time to work on some other things. I am preparing an avatar overview, new Season 3 loot drop stats and some other things.
This work never stops since I have to update a lot of my previously created tables regularly but it is still something I like doing.
Hopefully some of the players find it usefull and use the stuff I made to help them when they need a quick information, that is the idea.

More links:

12 Likes

@Pois1, Rita Vrataski is awesome! :dagger: Woooohoooo! :star:

3 Likes

@JonahTheBard what a wonderful idea that allows us to get to know some of the forum’s top contributors. I enjoyed learning more about our dear @Pois1. Looking forward to more interviews.

I agree, adding some links would be great.

7 Likes

What anche amazing idea @JonahTheBard!:wink:
I want more of this…and I hope you can bring to life Mr. @Scarecrow and his very useful tips and his personal way to see the game dinamics…or @Mr.Spock, @IvyTheTerrible, @PapaHeavy, @Rigs and his intriguing, ironic way to see things, @DoctorStrange, and so many others…I’m going to look for all those interviews, 'cause I like people with personal ways of thinking and seeing things! Really, really amazing thread!:wink:

14 Likes

Been here since april 2018 , if you was coming to dinner i would either make you some stir fried pepper steak over rice or some homemade stuff pork chops with a side of bacon wrapped asparagus and twice baked potatoes from scratch.

I would change the amount of gems given for doing things and would definitely have scaleable quests and alliance dailys for the groups to earn gems.

Simply put the game is to stingy with gems.

Great post this was needed in this rough time we are going through. And with 1k would invite all of the great people i have met her to fly to a bar in vegas(flights 39 dollars right now) to smoke and take a picture for all of the great forum people we have and say f this Corona virus we ain’t going nowhere …be safe everyone and let’s make it through this together.

8 Likes

@DoctorStrange, I really, really appreciate the sentiment, and I’ll dig out my passport in anticipation.
I’ve had to edit it just a tiny bit to keep it family friendly :innocent:

8 Likes

I’d be happy to contribute. I’m new on the scene relative to a lot of these great contributors but I feel I’m finding myself in this game and have a lot of thoughts. Thanks for the shoutout, dude :vulcan_salute:t2:

7 Likes

Cookie Settings