Forum Interviews: An Audience with @math4lyfe šŸŽ™ļø

3vphg5

Well this it folks, the one the critics said was too controversial to post. Weā€™re well and truly through the looking glass.

Wash your hands :sweat_drops::palms_up_together:, wear a mask as appropriate :mask: and stay at home :house:.

Remember to #PlayApartTogether

If you missed them, you can find previous interviews below:

@Kikyo - Here

@BarryWuzHere -Here

@IvyTheTerrible - Here

@Pois1 - Here

@akionna - Here

The next set of interviews has a tweaked set of questions (weā€™ve slapped a new paint job on it and called it ā€œSeason Twoā€) and will debut with culinary mastermind @TheChef.

26 Likes

People of the forum, I present, @Math4lyfe

How long have you been playing?

I hit two years February 1st. And Iā€™ve been a part of the Crew family since May 2018ā€¦ so Iā€™m getting close to my two year anni with them as well.

whatā€™s your current role in your alliance?

Officiallyā€¦ leaderā€¦ although I have an amazing team that makes my job easy. Off the record, Iā€™d say my role is more motivator, listener, moderator, comedienne, editorā€¦ etc.

which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them?

Telluria!! Finally got her at the end of this monthā€™s S3 portal. I squealed a bit from excitement. Iā€™ve been in dire need of a green healer. She fills the position beautifully. Iā€™m also working on Mireweave and Brynhildā€¦ I think theyā€™ll be fun to play with in Raid tournaments.

Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player?

3* - Belith for her heal and and dispel. Excited to see what her costume will be like. Brienne is a close second, mainly due to her costume. I have two maxed and enjoy using both on the same mono green team.
4* - Rigardā€¦ Heā€™s always been a solid choice, a hero that I would encourage beginning players to level immediately. His costume made him a game charger and many players have multiple copies of him for their war teams.
5* - Tough oneā€¦ Lianna hits like a tank, but Kingston stole some of her thunder. Viv perhapsā€¦ although she is slow and squishy, her cleanse is invaluable for those who monoā€¦ and her costumeā€¦ drool. I can only hope I get it soon! My titan scores will definitely improve.

What can you see out of your window right now?

The beginning of a beautiful day! The sun is shining. Temp is a cozy 64 degrees (thatā€™s Fahrenheit, yā€™all). Windows are open and Iā€™m enjoying the sounds of natureā€¦ and the occasional car that drives by.

If @petri was coming to dinner, what would you cook?

Bahahahahaā€¦ those that know me are laughing at this question. I donā€™t cook. So take-out of some kindā€¦ Thai maybe?

If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be?

Realistic changeā€¦ as my roster continues to grow, a search feature would be nice.
Unrealistic changeā€¦ an undo buttonā€¦ just for one turnā€¦ maybe put a cost on using itā€¦ like all heroes lose 200 hp or somethingā€¦ hmm, maybe that not so unrealistic. :thinking:

If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously, what would you buy?

I have a hard time spending money frivolouslyā€¦ Iā€™m sure some would go to gemsā€¦ Iā€™d probably buy this programmable blender that makes awesome smoothiesā€¦ and maybe a plane ticket somewhere. :woman_shrugging:

this is a really strange and challenging time for all of us across the whole player base and all our communities around the world. How has your alliance been supporting each other or those around them?

This is definitely a strange and challenging time for us allā€¦ luckily, I feel like our alliance already has a strong sense of family so there wasnā€™t a need for a lot of change. We chat daily, both in game and in our line groups. Most of us have been playing together for quite a whileā€¦ and therefore know more about each other than just what heroes fill our rosters. We have celebrated birthdays, proposals, marriages, and births. We have supported each other through family deaths, job loss, and sickness. While this pandemic has been devastating in many ways, I do think it has brought us closer. We may live thousands of miles apart from one another, but we are all struggling through the same thingā€¦ virtuallyā€¦ together. We have lost a few players due to real life demandsā€¦ members in the healthcare industry that are working countless hours, helping those in need. I reach out to them regularly, kind of like a virtual wellness check.
There are some great support threads here on the forum. Iā€™ll take a minute to give a shout-out to @voidstrike and @anc1ent1 for all of their positive words. Itā€™s comforting to know that there are multiple platforms available to share concerns and such wonderful people who are willing to lend an ear whenever needed.

57 Likes

Another great interview, not that Iā€™d expect anything less! Congrats on your shiny new Telly @Math4lyfe (I donā€™t suppose you also have a new telly, aka TV, along with your Tellyā€¦? maybe add it to the frivolous $1000 spending list :slight_smile: )

itā€™s really cool that your alliance is so close. itā€™s beautiful to see a group created for a mobile game, evolve into something more - very tangible and meaningful!

12 Likes

These are enjoyable! Thank you both for your time!

5 Likes

Glad youā€™re enjoying them :blush:

There are still more really great folks in the pipeline that Iā€™m itching to post!

5 Likes

I think @Math4lyfe can be summed up perfectly in the following contradictions:

Clearly states:

Follows up by frivolously spending money on something used for cooking

On a serious note from all my limited experiences/interactions the off-topic offender is a compassionate soul who consistently cares for the player behind the screen more than any in-game achievement/reward and thatā€™s awesome. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I also likedā€¦

Off the record?

This is an internet forum with 80k plus members :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

And she always puts up with my constant line messages @Math4lyfe ā€œI raided another Crew-Saderā€ and very patiently passes on the video and forwards me the revenge.

Also when I left crew it took her less 5 mins to reach out making sure I was ok.

Thanks for caring.

8 Likes

Hmm. So making smoothies is considered cooking?? I may have to examine my whole outlook on things now.

Perhaps a follow up questionā€¦

When did you realize you werenā€™t cut out for kitchen lyfe?
ā€¦ was it when I served Mac and cheese without draining the water?
ā€¦ was it when I attempted to make a cake and during the cleaning process, struggled to get the the mixer blades off? I ended up hitting the on switch and cake batter was equally distributed from the floor to the ceiling.
ā€¦ or perhaps it was the words of my child when he was interviewed as a kindergartener. ā€œWhatā€™s your favorite thing that your mom cooks?ā€ Response: peanut-butter and jelly.

27 Likes

Ahahahahha

I can relate

I did this with a garden strimmer. Narrowly avoided needing stitches

4 Likes

Thanks for being a bit of sunshine @Math4lyfe youā€™re one of kind, even when you call me names :wink:

10 Likes

Ok ok. Its Math4lyfe not English4lyfe for a reasonā€¦

I was thinking outside the game descriptors of lead, co-lead, elder or member.

Geez. Iā€™m going to go sit in my corner and count to 15. @Guvnor @littleKAF @JonahTheBard

7 Likes

We both know itā€™s not plural. Just one name. Lol. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great and fun interview, thanks!

I have to add, i love how nobody asks @Petri what to have for dinner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was going to ask the same question. Well, @voidstrike didnā€™t get his nickname for nothing. :wink:

5 Likes

If we have to deal with what he gives us in gameā€¦heā€™s gonna have to put up with @Math4lyfe 's watery mac & cheese.

In response to your follow-ups:
Concerning the cake batter mixer blade, I once didnā€™t allow enough heat to release from the top while blending a hot berry compote. Explosion of red berry in my parents all white kitchen, one 3rd degree burn on my forearm and a kitchen that looked like a murder scene. So thatā€™s plausible for anyone.

ā€œCookingā€ you are altering the state of raw food into another for your means of consumption soā€¦yes.

6 Likes

Wtf.

I always defined cooking as somehow applying heat to foodā€¦ like, I donā€™t cook hummus. :thinking:

9 Likes

Not gonna delve too much more into the Voidstrike cooking show.
Hot berry compote - Hot referencing temperature & berry compote referring to an assortment of blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries cooked down with sugar on stove top with some lemon juice & lemon zest until berries are broken down.

I donā€™t define it as such, but rather anything you do to ingredients to make it more enjoyable for your consumption. But Iā€™m pro-encouraging people to cook on their own.

Blah blah blahā€¦

On topic
ā€¦whereā€™s the obligatory Crew family posts in here to refute all of the positive claims people are throwing on your leader? I thought yā€™all made sure to come in and knock math4lyfe down a peg @Rigs

7 Likes

Or @JAWS_3D or @BoolzSan_CrewKNIGHTS

Surely someone will tell us the real story?

6 Likes

Pffft. :innocent::innocent:

There may be a promise of free gems.

3 Likes