Forum Interviews: An Audience with @IvyTheTerrible 🎙️

This is a great idea. I love knowing about familiar faces in here. Great thinking!!

5 Likes

Thanks @JonahTheBard.

Waiting for the next one.

4 Likes

Thanx to you both, @JonahTheBard and kind @IvyTheTerrible.
As I always say: the best people are the ones who manage to remain simple and true to who they are.
Nice reading. Loved it. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Fun idea. I like it. Wish I’d thought of it. Perhaps I’ll just stick to fictional interviews.

5 Likes

Excellent interview!! I’ve learned a lot from @IvyTheTerrible, and have a few extra cats that you could borrow should they need arise?
Thanks for the good Monday morning read!

4 Likes

Really good idea and so different from the normal I was so happy to see this.

@IvyTheTerrible
I really loved the pictures of your neighborhood and the non-pretentious attitude that you have about so many things. You were definitely a good pick for an interview.
@JonahTheBard usually chooses wisely and your interview is a testament to this.

You know with everything going on I can’t possibly find the words to thank you for the shout out to me and I wanted you to know that I am doing OK financially at this point.

But back on topic looking forward to the interviews to come and thank you for sharing something about yourself. :heart:

7 Likes

I was extremely fortunate in landing Mother North two and a half months or so into starting. She was (and in my opinion still is) my most powerful hero. I have won so many raids that ended with her coming through with a clutch resurrection - situations where, were she any other hero, I would have lost. But coaxing her up to the firing point is hard and taught me a lot about mana and raid mechanics (for example, I did not even know that ghosted tiles give twice as much mana early in the game).

Later, as I added other slow heroes like Isarnia, I was comfortable using them. And when I finally got a few fast snipers the game got much much easier. During raids a lot of my thought process is occupied by the mana gained by me vs. mana gained by defense trade-offs I’m making. When you’re charging slow heroes that calculation can easily be tilted against you. With faster ones it’s more often favorable, which is the essence of why raids got ‘easier’ for me.

4 Likes

These interviews are a great idea. I like the sneak peek into the lives of the forum superstars :grin:. I have learned a lot from @IvyTheTerrible on the forums here, and she is always gracious and calm.

3 Likes

Thought I would add a few of my forum highlights:

8 Likes

Yes!

Well reminded.

Superb deployment of the Far Side!!

2 Likes

Mate, I lost all my money investing in an Egyptian construction firm

Turns out it was a pyramid scheme

7 Likes

4 Likes

@anc1ent1

I enjoyed this a lot!! Getting to know others who have been playing a while is interesting and informative :grinning:
If u game me $1000 to spend frivolously I would probably go on vacation as soon as this :mask: virus was over!
Stay safe :grin::grin:

4 Likes

I really love these @JonahTheBard ! Looking forward to seeing more. I hope you have lots of people on the waitlist.

@IvyTheTerrible is one of my favorite people on the forum TBH. Her self reflections on her raids in the Beating the 2600+ thread are some of the most thoughtful posts on the forum.

11 Likes

@JonahTheBard I absolutely love this idea and have enjoyed reading these interviews so far. :blush:

As a still new person to the forum, I really love to know these amazing people who make this forum so great, diverse, informative, helpful and of course fun! Great way to know a little more about the person behind those profile pictures . You guys are all amazing and can’t wait to learn about of the others too. :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Looking forward for more :hugs:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this interview with @IvyTheTerrible. Looking forward to more.

3 Likes

Great interview @JonahTheBard with @IvyTheTerrible , my Duolingo friend :grinning:

Thanks for taking part Ivy. Hope you cracked open a (virtual) cold one with Jonah :beers:

6 Likes

Kudos to Jonah the Bard for this great idea and series, and kudos to Ivy for an interesting and fun interview!

That picture of your tacos shows that all the time in the kitchen is paying off, they look amazing.

And I could relate to the bit, of having better luck with HOTM and event heroes, versus S1 heroes. My first eight 5s were all HOTM/Atlantis/seasonal heroes… then my luck flipped around, and I got eight S1 5s in a row.

and also: yes, Caedmon is indeed amazing, and has earned his spot on my mono Green team!

6 Likes

Good read and it looks like great food!

5 Likes

Thanks ivy n jonha
Always like your detail ivy and what you share to us with Raids \m/

2 Likes

Cookie Settings