how long have you been playing?
- According to my account info i’ve completed the tutorial at 21 may 2017. So i’m a bit more of 3 years in this game. Back then I did not have any real experience in mobile games, and match 3 wasn’t really my bread and butter. I don’t remember where i saw the advertising (probably angry birds?) and i didn’t had great expectations when i download it, but it caught me pretty fast. I’m a monster hunter/final fantasy kind of player, so the grind in a fantasy environment was ideal for someone like me.
what’s your current role in your alliance?
- I’m the leader, co/leader, elder and only member. I’m a so-called “alliance-shifter”, and it’s much more easy to do that alone. I used to be a merc in the past (for a year or so) and i’ve been in some top alliances for some time. I don’t dislike company, but various dramas and my spending habits (really low) has pushed me to seek solitude. I’m quite happy of my choice, and i use this “strategy” from many months now without regretting it.
which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them?
- After the last update i immediately power-leveled my Guardian Kong, and now i’m working at slow pace on some minor costumes mainly for raid tournament and monthly event. New heroes don’t come my way so often, so i’m never in a rush to level them. Pretty much i can take it easy until i got something interesting. I still use many not emblemed 4* for raiding/mapping and such.
Which is your favourite hero in your roster, and why?
- I don’t have many great heroes up my sleeves but i would say probably Black Knight right now. So much valuable in every context and absolutely great against Telluria tanks. I’m a beta tester and i tried him before, but i didn’t realize how much powerful he was and i didn’t really chased him back them (i really wanted LotL). But now, he really got my back half of the time and replaced Hel in my -all good- raiding team.
What’s your favourite source for E&P play advice?
- Obviously the forum was my main source of info for a good period of time, and still now i gladly take a look on BarryzFarm or Memento 5 events. I do not have Facebook, or Twitter, Discord or Telegram. And i keep my whatsapp away from the game so… there’s not much other sources…
Do you have a particular memory of a great victory, a tragic defeat or a moment of madness?
- Raid tournament sometimes can really make me throw my phone on the bed. I never used gems for retry, so if i’m out… i’m out. And that happen more often then not before the last day. As someone that never had great troubles and enjoyed raiding, this is really frustrating. But probably my most painfully moment was when i was kicked out of the top 10 in a monthly event at the very last second. People that experience it knows the suffering.
Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player?
- Really hard to reduce it to one. There’s several key heroes in 4* zone that are still relevant now, and regular 3* are your best friend for all your newbie phase (and i still remember now how much i loved my Olaf, bring me on until province 15).I would say the good old ramming pulverizer trio are a safe bet, adding Wu Kong and Boldtusk/Kiril. Probably Wu kong is the most unique, so my choice goes to him.
What can you see out of your window right now?
- My garden. It’s a lovely springy day today. It is a bit a nostalgic view, as soon i will change my home. It is a private house that my family share with my parents, and I lived here for 32 years. We bought (me, my wife and my 5 years daughter) an apartment to seek more indipendency 2 days before the whole coronavirus thing spread out. So lucky.
If @petri was coming to dinner, what would you cook?
- 89,7% chance i would cook meat, 9% chance i would go with seafood, and 1,3% pasta. But he can rest assured as in my home i’m the one that usually cook, so i’m quite confident in all my cooking skills.
If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be?
- The Realistic: a good Hero Academy. Something that would give sense to all the grinding/spending/dupes we have gathered all this time. Because, yes, for me is not something so unrealistic and it should totally already be in the game from the start. Less realistic: odds that allow people to not have to spend small fortunes to get a good hero (or simply a new one)
If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously , what would you buy?
- I would literally drown in sushi. All kinds of sushi/sashimi/nigiri or whatever shape they have. I would totally go in one serious sushi restaurant and try out the REAL sushi. I love it and if you eat it without wasabi you deserve pain and baldness.
this is a really strange and challenging time for all of us across the whole player base and all our communities around the world. How has your alliance been supporting each other or those around them?
- It is really a hard time for all of us. The game itself has mitigate the boredom of this forced isolation, and the community of players (be it in world or just alliance chat) has made us remember that sometimes people behind a screen may understand and comfort you same (or even better) of your old friends. Sharing our stories, worries and feelings are all we need to feel closer to each others. I’m quite a lonely wolf myself, but i totally understand that internet was never so important as it is now.