Forum Interviews An Audience with @Chadmo šŸŽ™ļø

3vphg5

Evening team,

After a few days away from moderating, Iā€™m back to chew gum and post interviews. And Iā€™m all out of gumā€¦oh wait no, thereā€™s some stuck under the bureau.

0e943de2-a83d-46bc-a536-56541132d743_x365

Ok, I can multitask and do both.

In this interview we meet @Chadmo - a one man army against the drizzle of a bad day. If you need to turn that frown upside down, heā€™s the guy for the job. And he knows stuff too, what a hero.

bfDrTp

Wash your hands :sweat_drops::palms_up_together:, wear a mask as appropriate :mask: and stay at home :house:.

Remember to #PlayApartTogether

If you missed them, you can find previous interviews below:

Interview Index

@Aquaginera_7DD - Here

@ArktikaTF - Here

@zephyr1- Here

@rook - Here

@littleKAF - Here

@guvnor - Here

@DaveCozy - Here

@Mr.Spock - Here

@Razor - Here

@ScottySG - Here

@NPNKY - Here

@NittanyLionRoar - Here

@Novo - Here

@MysterySpin - Here

@TheChef - Here

@Math4lyfe - Here

@Kikyo - Here

@BarryWuzHere -Here

@IvyTheTerrible - Here

@Pois1 - Here

@akionna - Here

Next interview is with someone called @Xero786 who apparently has had a bit of success with the game from time to timeā€¦

Iā€™m playing it cool to try and avoid any unseemly fanboy exuberanceā€¦ hopefully no one will notice

14 Likes
  • how long have you been playing? :hourglass_flowing_sand:
    Downloaded the game in April of 2019. The commerical kept coming up in my other games and I thought itā€™s a good mix of strategy and game play so I gave it a shot. Been my go to game ever since.

• whatā€™s your current role in your alliance? :bar_chart:
    De Raptors has been my home for a while now. Tried 2 others and it had some abrasive people that didnā€™t seem to be in the mood to help me learn and that was what I needed at the time. Now Iā€™m a Co-Leader and scan the forum here and other places to keep my fellow members informed.

• which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them? :muscle: I level a rainbow to maximize leveling. SO I have 2nd Kiril, Kvasir, Skittleskull, Jean F and Grimble. Iā€™ll be stopping Grimble at 3-70, there are too many other 5star purples Iā€™d rather have.

• Which is your favourite hero in your roster, and why? :heart:
    I love my Vela, but it MUST be Mitsuko. She kills Telluria AND destroys Vela and Finley by their own means? Hell yes. A hero that is strong against Blue and Green is such an asset. Plus Iā€™m colorblind so I naturally hate Blue and Green

• Whatā€™s your favourite source for E&P play advice? :game_die:
    This forum 100%. I do love watching youtube to see how new heroes perform. Iā€™m in a number of Facebook groups that are helpful, but really a lot of useless garbage is posted there.

• Do you have a particular memory of a great victory, a tragic defeat or a moment of madness? :exploding_head:
    I recall not being able to sleep and we were in a war that was back and forth all night. At about 3a.m. we took the lead and didnā€™t give it back. Dude, that sold me to this gaemā€¦totally jubilation for something I had no control of after I used my flags,

• Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player? :man_student:

Team Purple, Itā€™s Rigard. I got Rigard and that got me very far in season 1. You will ALWAYS use Rigs now and then. Fingers crossed to get his costume, I have 2 maxed Special shout out to Cyprian, once I had her I got even further in the map with the killer rispote. I love it when enemies kill themselves. Seems to be a trend of mine, enjoying misery for my enemiesā€¦hmmm.

• What can you see out of your window right now? :telescope:
    I live in a nice condo in Southern California. The landscaping here is great yet Iā€™m staring at the side of a neighborā€™s house. Tiny patio, enough room for a kiddie pool for my wife and I to share beers and cocktails.

• If @petri was coming to dinner, what would you cook? It would be a shame to have someone from another country and not treat them to really good Mexican food. We have no less than 5 good authentic places within walking distance. Canā€™t go wrong with Mexican food from a place that has been making it for decades.

• If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be? :crystal_ball:
    On the realistic side, Iā€™m looking for more variety in Quest, Wars and Tournaments. The strategy factor is what makes this game amazing, and seeing the same ā€œfind battle items 2ā€ is tedious. I would love to see different incentives in wars, beating teams with lower power than the enemy. E & P is doing a GREAT job adding new content, a tiny twist to these three areas could really excite the long term players.
    Unrealistic: Just scrap the alchemy lab. I get angry seeing it there knowing I burned countless iron to build something that does nothing for so many players. If you find joy in this building, Iā€™m happy for you. Me personally, itā€™s a big flop in my world.

• If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously , what would you buy? :moneybag:
    Iā€™m a boring saver. Iā€™d put it right in savings for a vacation or if an emergency comes up. I treat my money like a Republican and treat people like a Democrat. I hate politics but Iā€™m fine sticking to this mantra.

• this is a really strange and challenging time for all of us across the whole player base and all our communities around the world. How has your alliance been supporting each other or those around them? :handshake:
    Sadly, as an allience all we do it chat about how it affects us occasionally, but doing stuffā€¦not so much. Iā€™ve been working from home during this pandemic and primarily do the shopping and running out for the family. I donā€™t want my Mom leaving her house so I bring her food and supplies at least once a week. Gives me a perfect reason to sit down and chat with Mom for a while anyways. And much love to the moderators for making this an informative yet fun place to visit. You people often make my day

14 Likes

@Chadmo , even before JB described you as a wellspring of good vibes, I already figured you to be one just by reading your forum posts! And your answers highlight that perfectly - not many people can express their hate for something (Alchemy Lab) and still leave me feeling positive :slight_smile:

OMG Mexican food. Yes. One of my fave cuisines.

Iā€™m a saver too, itā€™s totally not boring! Saving now means being able to spend on cooler vacations after all :wink:

best wishes to your mom and your family, glad you all seem to be fine.

thanks for the nice touch of positivity and good cheer!

5 Likes

Thanks Sleepyhead! Iā€™ve been a member of chat rooms and forums since the AOL days in the 90s! Just be an asset is where Iā€™m at now. There will always be loudmouths and fools, but the silent majority here is just looking help. Getting older has brought me patience and the smarts knowing I donā€™t have to respond to everything. And the good thing about the keyboard is you have to hit send. Once stupid statements go past you teeth you canā€™t bring them back.

Big thanks to the Mods for considering me to be worthy of an interview. Trying to be an asset is one thing, being viewed by those in charge AS and asset is vdry gratifying.

5 Likes

Thanks for the glimpse inside the life of @Chadmo. Youā€™ve been a great addition to this forum and I appreciate your thoughtfulness. :blush:

6 Likes

Hi there. As a big time nerd, I was so excited I actually raided you the other day. I beat you, but you returned the favor and revenged me. First I lost a raid to BarryWuzHere, then I get to beat another forum star. Yeahā€¦big time nerd.

4 Likes

Lol. I wouldā€™ve nerded out to that too. I always try to reroll for familiar names if I have a little extra food. Too bad I didnā€™t record. Next time!

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m Chadm on E&P. I was Chadmo then it oddly changed. Too cheap to spend 500 gems to fix it. LOL

2 Likes

LOL I wouldnā€™t spend 500 gems to change my E&P name, eitherā€¦ typos be darned, those 500 gems could have given me a 5* Event hero!

2 Likes

@Chadmo: You had me at ā€œTeam Purpleā€ and ā€œMexican Foodā€! :grin:

Do you find the Colorblind mode useful?

Do you tend to summon more of certain colored heroes than others?

What energizes you in your alliance? (Congrats on Co-leader, btw!)

Is there a time of day that is definitively ā€œE&P Time!ā€? :grin:

3 Likes

@Chadmo Great interview man!

Iā€™m originally from S. California myself, and also love Mexican food (I mean, doesnā€™t everybody though?)

3 Likes

Colorblind mode is so helpful for me! Only thing I needs to do was make the purple as dark as possible, made the difference. Red and green get sloppy but no combo worked for that.

I pull a ton of reds. I have almost as many red 5s as the others combined. Have Grazul at 3-70 and havenā€™t even started Marjana, Khagan or my two Azlars.

As a co leader Iā€™m the question answerer. We have some big hitter that crush it in war but they still come to me for suggestions and thatā€™s super flattering.

Viva la forum! You guys help me look smart.

5 Likes

Thanks buddy! I like trying Mexican food in places not known for it and Iā€™m sad that people in that area think this is Mexican food. Got to go to Cuba last year before they ā– ā– ā– ā–  the borders again. Gotta day, that good stuff too.

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to find good authentic Mexican food in the U.S.; I remember the best Mexican food restaurant I ever ate at, it was literally some hole in the wall joint in East L.A., didnā€™t even have a proper sign out front. This was back in 1990-something, so I donā€™t even know if itā€™s still there. Food was amazing though.

1 Like

For sure! Greasy spoons bro. Thatā€™s where the flavor is at!

1 Like

I remember doing the Taco truck crawl at 2 am somewhere in LA. Only better food was made by my Mexican parents-in-law.

There is no Elote man here (or paletas!) and I despair of ANY restaurant here ever serving Champuradoā€¦but at least they finally have Cocido and homemade Tamales! :grin:

If you could only have ONE Mexican dish on your birthday, what would it be? :wink:

1 Like

Texas would like to have a word with youā€¦weā€™ve got Tex-Mex sure but there are plenty of authentic joints down here.

Thatā€™s not allowedā€¦be Frivolous!! We demand it.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve only driven through Texas on a cross country trip, didnā€™t stop and spend any time there. Iā€™ll take your word for it, though.

3 Likes

Moleā€™ made correctly may be one of the beset tasting things on this planet. I was spoiled by a co-worker whoā€™s mother made it from scratch. Iā€™m picky though so I often have the restaurant staff bring me a taste of the moleā€™ to see if itā€™s one thatā€™s cooked for a long time. Thereā€™s a place in L.A. and San Juan Capistrano that are amazing. Elote is awesome! I actually like it in a cyp rather than on the cob. (facial hair issues)

1 Like

I do love good Tex-Mex. Fortunately you can find a lot of good ethnic food places here because a lot of people come here and stay for good. Frivolous? Cruise out of Rome stopping in parts of Italy and Greece. At least the $1000 would get me there!

3 Likes