Forum Interviews: An Audience with @ArktikaTF šŸŽ™ļø

3vphg5

Itā€™s Thursday, and that can mean only one thingā€¦
Itā€™s post stuff on the forum day.

Todayā€™s interview is a real treat as we get to meet a real rising star @ArktikaTF

Having shot to fame with her fan art thread which demonstrates her incredible eye for detail, technical ability and great sense of humour, @ArktikaTF has also demonstrated great warmth and gratitude for the praise sheā€™s received.

You can check out the thread here - My Fan Art

Wash your hands :sweat_drops::palms_up_together:, wear a mask as appropriate :mask: and stay at home :house:.

Remember to #PlayApartTogether

If you missed them, you can find previous interviews below:

Interview Index

@zephyr1- Here

@rook - Here

@littleKAF - Here

@guvnor - Here

@DaveCozy - Here

@Mr.Spock - Here

@Razor - Here

@ScottySG - Here

@NPNKY - Here

@NittanyLionRoar - Here

@Novo - Here

@MysterySpin - Here

@TheChef - Here

@Math4lyfe - Here

@Kikyo - Here

@BarryWuzHere -Here

@IvyTheTerrible - Here

@Pois1 - Here

@akionna - Here

Next time weā€™ll be visited either by @Aquaginera_7DD, leader of legendary alliance family 7 Days or by one of my favourite wellsprings of positivity @chadmoā€¦ I havenā€™t decided yet

17 Likes
  • Please excuse me in advance. You will have to read a lot of words. Because, the list of my positive qualities, unfortunately, does not include the ability to briefly answer questions. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :wink: :kissing_heart:

• How long have you been playing?
    My husband was the first to play this game. He installed Empires and Puzzles after seeing an ad for the game in another game. This was around September 2017.
    At first, I didnā€™t show any interest in the gameplay. But sometimes my husband would ask me to farm or go through the stages of the provinces while he was busy. So I started playing. And he started teaching me the finer points of the game.
    And then one day we started competing for the right to play. And then my husband told me to go, finally, and get my own personal account. I did just that.

• Whatā€™s your current role in your alliance?
    I am the founder and leader of the Russian Alliance ā€œAlliance TUTTI FRUTTIā€.
    For my fighters, I am a General who demands military discipline, a loving mother whose patience is better not tested for strength, and a friend who will always understand and support.
    My husband is now my co-leader. We have a family interest in the game.
    We not only play together in the same Alliance, but also make together a Russian-language fan channel Empires and Puzzles on YouTube. Our channel now has 7,5 thousand subscribers. The audience continues to grow, and we are constantly trying to improve the quality of our videos.

• Which hero are you currently levelling and how will you use them?
    Now Iā€™m pumping Mitsuko, Jean Francois, and the second Obakan. I canā€™t say that these characters are vital to me. But when they are fully upgraded, they will find a place in various attack teams in the war.

• Which is your favourite hero in your roster, and why?
    I thought for a long time, but I could not determine which of my heroes is the most favorite. I love Seshat, Jabberwock, Malosi, Arielā€¦
    I love all my heroes. Even a slow regular characters, such as Kagan, Azlar or Horgall. They taught me to play with the abilities of heroes, not the power of tiles.
    Iā€™m sure there are no bad characters in our game. There are just people who didnā€™t understand them and didnā€™t learn how to use them correctly.
    I donā€™t have many 5* event heroes and heroes of the month on my main ARKTIKA account. My Twinkie (he is now level 55) has a much more interesting list of heroes. He was more fortunate.
    But I have a lot of upgraded heroes 4* and 5* on my main account. About 60.
    The fact is that over the years of playing I have developed a habit of constantly pumping someone. And in times of complete bad luck with calls (and such times happened often) Iā€™ve been pumping out dubs of useful regular heroes. Therefore, I now have 3 Richard, 2 Mariana, 2 Vivica, 2 Leonidas, 3 Kagan and many other pumped-up takes of heroes 4* and 5*.
    Someone from the doubles of heroes 4* periodically becomes elite food for new interesting heroes 5*. And someone continues to be useful in various game situations.
    And with the advent of the new quest Tavern of legends, I am sure that all my doubles of heroes will serve me very well.

• Whatā€™s your favourite source for E&P play advice?
    I rarely use online sources for game advice. Since I have repeatedly encountered the fact that a person who confidently and actively expresses his opinion and aggressively proves his case in a group on a social network or on a forum, was actually a novice inexperienced player.
    Unfortunately, due to my poor knowledge of English, it is often very difficult for me to fully understand the messages on the forum, it is difficult to participate in the discussions myself. But I often read enthusiastically how the characters and various game moments are discussed here.
    And, of course, the exchange of information with the guys in my Alliance is always a very important process for me. Almost all of them are very experienced and competent players.

• Do you have a particular memory of a great victory, a tragic defeat or a moment of madness?
    In our Alliance was originally developed a special relationship to war. We perceive them not as a way to get production, but as the most important team building. My Alliance has a strict rule: ā€œNo matter where you are, no matter how busy you are, if you take part in a war, you must come to the war, and effectively conduct all six attacks, so as not to let your friends down.ā€ We call it: Ā«Š¢Š°ŠæŠŗŠø - Š² Š½Š¾Š»ŃŒ!Ā»
    The instilled sense of responsibility for the team result, periodically forces the guys to make crazy and almost heroic actions. So we have a huge number of amazing memories.
    I could tell you stories for a long time. Most of them are related to poor Internet connection and the need to come up with something to find a way to log in to the game.
    One girl, who was on vacation in Greece for a month to go to war, had to climb a high mountain every time to get to a point where there is a stable Internet connection. We laughed that she was the real goddess Athena, fighting from Olympus.
    The latest story. One of our guys is a Builder from Kazakhstan. In April this year, he worked on the important construction of a new hospital for coronavirus patients near the city of Nursultan. Their campaign had to complete the construction in 15 days!!! There was very poor Internet connection at the construction site. The object was located in the steppe. And this guy, every time he got in the car, he went looking for a place with a good connection to go to war. By the way, the construction of the hospital was completed on time.

• Which Season 1 hero would you most recommend to a new player?
    I believe that Rigard, Cyril, Boldtusk, Caedmon and Sonya are the heroes of the first season of the category ā€œmust haveā€. I would definitely recommend them to every new player.

• What can you see out of your window right now?
    The view from my window is not beautiful. An ordinary view from an ordinary window of a multi-storey building.

I would much rather be watching the landscape on the riverbank in one of my favorite fishing spots. I hope that tomorrow my husband and I will be able to go fishing.

• If @Petri was coming to dinner, what would you cook?
    I can and love to cook delicious food. To treat a foreign guest, I would probably prepare some traditional Russian dishes. Perhaps Russian borscht. Iā€™m really good at it!
    I would have prepared many more different salads and appetizers. And there would have been homemade pickled mushrooms and pickles. This is a great appetizer for Russian vodka!
    So, @Petri, you will be in Russia, come to the city of Voronezh to visit me! I promise: not a word about Empires and Puzzles!!! :wink: :rofl:

• If you could make two changes to the game, one realistic and one less so, what would they be?
    Realistic. I would very much like the Alliance to have its own permanent training arena, where the number of fights would not be limited to flags. It would be very nice if the members of the Alliance could arrange fights among themselves. This would help you test your defense teams, check the effectiveness of different attack teams, and learn more about the features of new heroes. In addition, it would give more opportunities for interaction between the members of the Alliance.
    There is one more small wish. I think itā€™s quite realistic. I would like the game to have a separate tab with the chronicle of the Allianceā€™s victories and defeats in wars: what alliances the Alliance fought, what were the results of the battle. It would be very interesting and stimulating for the players.
    Unrealistic. I would like the game for the Alliance to be able to create a common Fund, where each member of the Alliance could voluntarily put a certain amount of their crystals, resources, equipment, so that any member of the Alliance could then take from the Fund what they urgently need.

• If I gave you $1000 to spend frivolously, what would you buy?
    Can I have 10,000? Preferably one bill. 1000 for frivolous expenses may not be enough for me. But seriouslyā€¦ then, most likely, I would buy a good action camera and a new spinning ultralight.

• This is a really strange and challenging time for all of us across the whole player base and all our communities around the world. How has your alliance been supporting each other or those around them?
    Our Alliance is Russian-speaking, but international. We live in different countries of the former USSR. We are separated by hundreds and thousands of kilometers. And many members of our Alliance in their countries and in their cities have an acute problem with the incidence of coronavirus.
    Many of the Alliance members are in self-isolation, forced to observe quarantine, and cannot work or earn enough to provide for their families. But we support each other as much as we can. We communicate a lot in the Alliance group in messenger.
    I was deeply moved by the recent story. One girl from our Alliance fell seriously ill and was suspected of having a coronavirus (the diagnosis, fortunately, was not confirmed). Due to very poor health, she could not go to work. Once she wrote in the Alliance chat that she had a very sad prospect: we have very little money left, and soon she probably will not have enough to buy food for herself and her daughter. Almost immediately in response to her message several people from the Alliance wrote to her: "Give us your Bank card account, we will transfer the money to you!Ā» It was just amazing!
    I as a person and as a leader am really very proud of my Alliance! I am proud of these people!!!

And in conclusion of my interview, I would like to sincerely wish you all, friends, health! Take care of yourself and your loved ones! And may luck accompany you both in the game and in life! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

27 Likes

I asked @ArktikaTF to produce a special Derric image as a tribute to our Community Manager @petri.

It ended up being so topical that @ArktikaTF just had to post it at the moment of maximum impact, but here it is again:

And she was kind enough to do a second piece, which is debuted below:

24 Likes

A very good read @ArktikaTF and @JonahTheBard. I love your art, and the heart behind which you govern your alliance. I always liked the thought of couples who play together. A thoroughly great read.

8 Likes

I was happy to see you got an Interview here, @ArktikaTF. Nice read! Looking forward to your next artworks :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wonderful. You really know how to tell an intriguing story! Iā€™m glad you are staying safe, what your alliance did to help out another member is so cool.

Great learning about you!

7 Likes

You are so very talented @ArktikaTF!! Thank you for sharing it with us here on the forum.

6 Likes

You are such a wonderful person with an amazing talent, @ArktikaTF! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I really enjoy reading your posts and thank you for sharing your art with all of us! :hugs:

5 Likes

Great to read. What a cool alliance you have there. Committed to the wars! And to helping each other. Very touching.

3 Likes

Thanks for the interview :+1:

3 Likes

@JonahTheBard @Saphirra @diesdas @Chadmo @Math4lyfe @Magnifique @Bwang @Dudeious.Maximus Thank you, my dear friends, for your kind words! I am immensely glad that I met you! Communication with you gives me a huge charge of positive energy! And I am ready to share the positive with you always! I say this quite sincerely! Thank You!!! :hugs: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

You are doing a darn fine job. You are overflowing with positive energy!

8 Likes

I can probably be compared to a battery ))) The battery charges and gives everything back. When I interact with bad people, I start to feel physically bad. Thatā€™s why I choose the people I communicate with very carefully.

8 Likes

If only we knew this when we were younger. Itā€™s most beneficial to fill your life with a few quality people, and not just try and accumulate a lot of ā€œfriendsā€.

4 Likes

No problem good to see people around the globe with good intentions on the game :blush::+1:

4 Likes

If someone wants to find fault with the SG, they can find a huge number of reasons for reasonable reproaches and reasons to just whine. But we in the Alliance once discussed with the guys complaints about the game and developers, and at some point all agreed that the presence of a game chat in E&P for live communication of players-this for many people has become one of the important components of the game, a huge plus and incentive to stay in the game.

3 Likes

Hey @ArktikaTF. I have loved loved your input! It has been wonderful to see girls being girls (and they down play themselves; i donā€™t know why?). You have a partner with a voice? That would be almost perfect (but they would have to have other genius!!); but maybe not? That might have well worked for me (but that is a different story of personal regret!). (I really hope you understood the subplot of some of my comment because there was a complaint. I was talking about an expression not a .jpeg hero card)

2 Likes

@sft1965 Yes, of course, I have a co-leader whose voice I always hear. His name is Denis (qmscorpio). He is a great fighter and a great psychologist. He always helps me. The most important thing is that we have a complete understanding of the Allianceā€™s management and development strategy. We even often write exactly the same answers to questions in the Alliance chat. And then we all laugh about it.
As for the card you rememberedā€¦ I donā€™t know much English. Ten different translators will translate the idea from Russian to English in different ways. First the translator distorted my thought for you, then he distorted yours for meā€¦ As a result, it turns out that we do not understand each other! This is not right! Letā€™s be friends! :handshake: :hugs: :kissing_heart: :wink:

4 Likes

Seriously, translators are wonderful but they donā€™t catch idiom!! (what the locals are really saying do they?). E.g. my favorouite YoutTuber lives in Minsk! Seriously? You people (You and them and them and Ukraine are kind of wonderful): practical and goal driven. I really respect honesty!! I actively really like you collectively!

@Nikolia Kolya. Bless you!!

2 Likes

I love it :rofl: also very good read

3 Likes