Forum Heroes

It’s an app for a Samsung. That is the name. If it is more helpful you can contact me on line.

Line ID: hrairoo43

3 Likes

Thx. I was searching on a pc.

1 Like

I did indeed use Photoshop for @Garanwyn’s card.

@Garanwyn mostly used free apps from the Photoshop suite for Android for my card, and possibly some other stuff, for he, too, is a stud.

5 Likes

I started it. It will definitely take some time. Thx for the advice on what ya’ll use.
@zephyr1 and @Hrairoo

3 Likes

For @zephyr1’s card, I did all the graphics work on my phone, using a variety of the free Adobe tools (such as Lightroom, Photoshop Mix, and Photoshop Express), as well as Pixlr, Photo Retouch and Ultimate Background Eraser.

Photoshop Mix is great, because it allows you to use layers to handle composition tasks. While a layer based composition tool isn’t essential (as @Hrairoo, our graphics studette, proved), it makes life way easier.

For @Jedon’s card, I decided to save myself some pain and suffering and used my desktop for most of my pieces of the design and composition, with Paint.NET (which is free) being the primary tool. There are several plugins I’d recommend, if someone wants to use it.

That said, I recolored Jedon’s jacket and ring on my phone (with Ultimate Background Eraser to take the image apart, Lightroom to recolor, and then Photoshop mix to reassemble) while we were still in the “figuring out what we wanted to do, design-wise” phase. The posterization-style effect was done with Prisma.

The biggest challenge on a mobile platform is doing the lettering effectively. Usually the apps are pretty font-limited.

6 Likes

Thank you @Garanwyn. I will try out a couple different things. I used the cartoon photo app, @Hrairoo recommended, and 3d MS paint. I am think on using a collage maker. (Hope i spelled that right. There’s college, and collage, which ever is not a higher form of education)

2 Likes

Okay, this is very crude. But here we go. @Hrairoo, @zephyr1, @Garanwyn, I’d like ya’ll to give me ya’ll’s honest opinion. what’d you think?

11 Likes

It looks fun! I don’t think there’s any requirement on the card being a graphics-arts-professional product.

3 Likes

I’d just make the text for the Special Skill bigger so it’s easier to read, otherwise that works. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ahhh…you can always level up! Reach for the stars! In this case, the adorable smiling stars above your dragon!

4 Likes

Fantastic card @Hrairoo!!! Excellent work!! :joy::joy: made my night.

Edit: after posting I noticed the link. So Fantastic card @zephyr1!!! Thanks for posting here @Hrairoo or I would have missed it.

3 Likes

Nice job @Saphirra!! I did need to put on the old reading glasses to check out the special however, but that’s an old man eyes thing :joy:

4 Likes

Here’s the edited version.

What do you think now?

7 Likes

Much easier to read, nice job!

2 Likes

I enjoyed working on this one, so if anyone wants one, just tell me what to say, and the pic, and I’ll try. Do we have an artist corner?

3 Likes

@Petri, @KiraSG, @Sara, correct me if i’m wrong, but i don’t think ya’ll have any forum cards. Do ya’ll want one?

3 Likes

It’s time to revive this thread. I am going to try to make more cards in a fashion after being on the forum. I can’t say I’ll do the greatest, or that I’ll do everyone, but anyone wanting one has but to ask. I thought I’d start with @Luna. An idea for it came to me, so I’m rolling with the punches. I hope you like it. If you could give me the original picture of your profile, it would make it not so pixelated for me. :slight_smile:

I guess really it’s not that pixelated. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Saphirra , you’re amazing :slight_smile: I’ll be watching this thread

3 Likes

Aww you are just amazingly nice :green_heart:
I’m speechless .

I wasn’t expecting this. Even the thought is so so kind. I feel so humbled and so grateful.

Can’t send you enough :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

p.s.: you gonna make me cry :turtle: (@NotVixx where are you ???)

5 Likes

It’s my toxicandra :green_heart:

3 Likes