Forum Heroes

The hero card was born after Rook and Kerridoc became moderators. Garanwyn created the first one when Zephyr1 became a mod. Garanwyn did such a nice one for Zephyr1 that when I learned that his moderator hat was imminent I felt it was only fitting that he receive one as well. The second card cemented the desire for more cards to be made. They are quite labor intensive and require a bit of creative flare, so are slow in coming. Jedon is instrumental to this community, and we felt that his card needed to be created STAT. And, now that there are three cards, we needed a place to showcase them. Hence this thread.

If you would like to volunteer to create cards that would be fantastic! Anyone can create one! It would be fun to see many more spring up.

15 Likes

Thank you @Garanwyn @Hrairoo @zephyr1 and @Rigs you have made my day and full year forwards :laughing:

16 Likes

I only have an iPad to work on but I’m more than happy to help y’all with anything I can. :wink:

6 Likes

Someone actually made me a card once, as a gag:

If you know me, the 4*, dust bunnies, and memes bit make sense… :grin:

29 Likes

Does @zephyr1’s joke buff stack with @Garanwyn’s humor link?

10 Likes

Yes, but it comes with my “joke might not actually be funny” debuff baked in.

12 Likes

@Kayo Fortunately, with the added humor recovery rate, something funny is eventually almost guaranteed!

6 Likes

I would like to. What do i need?

1 Like

I use microsoft 3D paint (don’t judge) and a free cartoon app (Cartoon Photo). I believe @zephyr1 uses photoshop because he is a stud, and @Garanwyn will have to enlighten us on what program he uses. I’ve been pulling cards from Hero Cards from 7DD, but with the new talents some of the cards are outdated. Basically, just strip the card and go from there. We think the text is Myriad Pro, but you’ll have to kearn (spacing between letters) the text super close.

7 Likes

Thx. I will try and see what happens

1 Like

Is Cartoon photo the name of the site?

It’s an app for a Samsung. That is the name. If it is more helpful you can contact me on line.

Line ID: hrairoo43

3 Likes

Thx. I was searching on a pc.

1 Like

I did indeed use Photoshop for @Garanwyn’s card.

@Garanwyn mostly used free apps from the Photoshop suite for Android for my card, and possibly some other stuff, for he, too, is a stud.

5 Likes

I started it. It will definitely take some time. Thx for the advice on what ya’ll use.
@zephyr1 and @Hrairoo

3 Likes

For @zephyr1’s card, I did all the graphics work on my phone, using a variety of the free Adobe tools (such as Lightroom, Photoshop Mix, and Photoshop Express), as well as Pixlr, Photo Retouch and Ultimate Background Eraser.

Photoshop Mix is great, because it allows you to use layers to handle composition tasks. While a layer based composition tool isn’t essential (as @Hrairoo, our graphics studette, proved), it makes life way easier.

For @Jedon’s card, I decided to save myself some pain and suffering and used my desktop for most of my pieces of the design and composition, with Paint.NET (which is free) being the primary tool. There are several plugins I’d recommend, if someone wants to use it.

That said, I recolored Jedon’s jacket and ring on my phone (with Ultimate Background Eraser to take the image apart, Lightroom to recolor, and then Photoshop mix to reassemble) while we were still in the “figuring out what we wanted to do, design-wise” phase. The posterization-style effect was done with Prisma.

The biggest challenge on a mobile platform is doing the lettering effectively. Usually the apps are pretty font-limited.

6 Likes

Thank you @Garanwyn. I will try out a couple different things. I used the cartoon photo app, @Hrairoo recommended, and 3d MS paint. I am think on using a collage maker. (Hope i spelled that right. There’s college, and collage, which ever is not a higher form of education)

2 Likes

Okay, this is very crude. But here we go. @Hrairoo, @zephyr1, @Garanwyn, I’d like ya’ll to give me ya’ll’s honest opinion. what’d you think?

11 Likes

It looks fun! I don’t think there’s any requirement on the card being a graphics-arts-professional product.

3 Likes

I’d just make the text for the Special Skill bigger so it’s easier to read, otherwise that works. :slight_smile:

3 Likes