Forum Faces (Forum Game)

Well, here is the continuing drama:

It was the shittiest birthday ever. The wrist (I broke a wrist last week) is just a compressed Radius fracture (the end of one of the forearm bones has been crushed onto itself). The plus side is I only have to wear a cast for 4 more weeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Then it was off to the Liver clinic after the Orthopaedic clinic and the doctor started with: โ€œI have some bad news. The TACE treatment was very successful and that tumour has gone, sadly the CT (from 3 has days ago) has shown multiple small tumours which will now need to be treated with more regular full body chemo. The cancer is very aggressive. (my tumour marker levels in my most recent blood test 3 days ago are 2.3 times what they were 6 weeks ago and more than 20 times what they were 10 weeks ago) (75 times normal). We are handing you off to Oncology now. We (my team) discussed your case this morning and you are being treated as a priority patient.โ€ So I have an outpatient procedure soon and then possibly some minor vascular surgery before I see Oncology in 4 weeks.

I realise that people get cancer and that this experience is in no way unique to me. Life happens to all of us, so donโ€™t feel that you need to feel sorry for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes