Forum Appreciation Friday

Well let’s keep this train rolling. Even the pioneers of this Forum and There are so many should be able to find someone to tag and share a story. I know I’m forgetting people that I normally have interaction with but let’s try to keep the appreciation going well into the evening or morning or afternoon depending on your demographics. @Petri I appreciate the fact that you have had so many short fused bombs thrown at you and somehow you have managed to survive. So this is just a little chance that I’ll take to say that we appreciate you and all the staff for doing the things that you do so well. Please let everyone else know that.

2 Likes

4 Likes

@AncientPirate1. Thanks for the shout-out but I’m kinda new to the scene so I don’t have any “remember when… “ stories.

I will tell you that I’ve enjoyed adding this dimension to my game play. It’s fun to chat with so many amazing people. I’ve gotten some great advice and can only hope I’ve given some along the way… seeing the eagerness from new people keeps things fresh and in perspective.

So a big thank you to those who keep things moving forward in a positive direction! I know it’s not an easy job.

Happy grinding. May the boards be in you favor.

4 Likes

I’d like it, but can’t right now :pensive:

5 Likes

Thank you @AncientPirate1 it was my pleasure.

I’d like to chuck a shout out to firstly @Garanwyn for his patients in some of our long discussions/debates and all the work he’s put into providing this forum.

To @zephyr1 for his amazing threads on new updates and upcoming events etc. They are priceless to everyone here.

To all the @mods keeping tbis forum respectable, clean and the constant merges which are usually done at speedy time frames. I think most people don’t realise these guys do this for free and get nothing in return other than stress and headaches I’m sure,lol, which also is handed out free of charge.

Keeping track of past topics to be able to merge them I know from first hand experience is task in it’s self and they do a great job.

To the many others who throw in jokes and laughs here and there to help brighten a heated topic up is always fun and appreciated. Keep it up guys.

I help who I can here because I can, not because I have too, and this is only done because I see the hugh effort these guys put in and totally understand what their going through. Been there done that many times over.

And finally an extra loud shout to @AncientPirate1 once again for coming up with and starting this great thread/topic.

Happy Appreciation Friday to all.

7 Likes

This forum is a pretty amazing place, ditto the denizens… :grin: And now a semi-random shoutout:

Missing you @Garanwyn! Please pop up again soon in the Count to 20 thread!

@Kerridoc, you know your stuff. Every time! I wish you would speak more! :grin: (please?)

@zephyr1, you need a new nickname I think: I want to call you Sonic for how fast you respond. :wink:

@Coppersky, I miss you and your projects! RL can wait! :kissing_heart:

@Petri, I always had a negative experience with game companies until this one. :heart::+1:

There are too many players to list from this game who have made it amazing for me, but here’s a try:

• Everyone in Misfit Toys, especially @DoomsLight, @Allurex, @TempestBlitz, @emcandbebe, @Valhalla (and my favorite lucky rabbit and @JonahTheBard!)…It’s been forever…we’re not an alliance, we’re fun and family and craziness on toast! big hugs! :grin:
  • @TM3K for listening, and speaking his mind.
  • @MamaBear for taking over Elite Recruiting with style (and being awesome anyways)
  • @Slynx and @ChrisS for their amazing AR line designs. You ladies rock!
  • @Rigs for being right when we argue mostly :grin:
  • Every person listed in the Master List of Links, for adding to the knowledge pool of the game in a meaningful way, helping the newbie (and oldie!) get a leg up.
  • THERE ARE TOO MANY TO LIST! If you participate regularly on the game, on the forum or on Line, your name goes here. :heart: :grin:
9 Likes

I just wanna give a shout to:

Everyone

Thanks for making the forum, the game, Line, etc the fun discussions and activities they are

I would make a list but after 2 years it would be a mile long, would take me forever to write out, and i would leave people out that should be included. So just keeping it simple.

Btw, to everyone making Crew-Saders the team it is, you guys are awesome and i doubt I’d still be playing without y’all

9 Likes

I really get that about your alliance mates. It’s The Pirate Horde and @zephyr1 along with this forum that keeps me playing and happy doing it.

6 Likes

I think I heard my name? Wasn’t sure if it was the voices in my head or something else…?

Anyway, assuming it was something else.
@FrenziedEye, @Justab0x, @Infinite, @Cvs, @FraVit93
I could probably do this all day…definitely could do this all day.

Thanks to all the players named in this post (and the ones that were not mentioned, hey I’m old?) for making life just a bit better each day. For helping out when people are ready to throw in the towel. Overall got generally being decent human beings…except that @TGW, he’s decent but as far as being human…I have my suspicions!!

7 Likes

@PapaHeavy

You have made my world a little bit brighter with your ridiculous banter and humour. But I have realised that I am spending too much time and emotional capital on this game, and need to break the addiction

I will be retiring from the game at the end of this war, as I don’t want to let my great little team down

The last straw was new Pirates, Finley is obscene, and even with a bunch of ascended and emblemed five stars I couldn’t finish Legendary without two continues. It became too long as a process to finish all stages, and the fun is seriously diluted now

Anyway, you’ve been very entertaining and best of luck to you. Hope you continue to enjoy your Proteus and Wilbur as much as I have

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Although I can agree that, unless you have the right heroes, along with a perfect board…those pirates are ruthless, and a tad OP. I also used a continue and didn’t enjoy it as much as I did the last one.

It’s a shame the game is losing another player, and I especially hate seeing you go. Stop by and say hi from time to time. Who knows, maybe things will improve in the future? There’s always hope

P.S Left here to see Kerridoc’s post about retiring…kinda lost my positive vibe with these two bits of news.

4 Likes

Sorry mate, don’t mean to bring you down. But the forum and my alliance mates are the only nice things left, and it just doesn’t outweigh the malaise that I am in at the moment with the game

Yeah, I won’t delete the game, but not sure if I will come back to it…

Thanks very much for the kind words. Godspeed to you

4 Likes

And just for the record, I think they may have made the new heroes a bit too powerful in the challenge events. With the reflect dark, most of my most useful heroes are not as useful. They HP, plus the boosted damage of Finely/Lady Locke…once they fire it’s pretty much over. Sagrasso is even OP if he fires shortly after Lady Locke. It was more aggravation than fun.

The strange thing is Avalon WAS fun for me. I greatly enjoyed it. But I chalk that up to having the correct heroes leveled. I had fun up until the last few levels of Legendary, especially that final round…I’m pretty sure I needed done blood pressure medicine after finally finishing that one.

3 Likes

Good luck and best wishes :cry:.

Back to normal viewing.

1 Like

I’ve seen your name many times on here and I wish you all the best in whatever you do. My new outlook most of the times with all these overpowered heroes and challenge events that are stressful instead of fun is just too have fun with my alliance and the friends that I’ve made in the forum. It seems when I let my competitive nature go that I don’t feel the heavy weight that some seem to experience. It’s just a game and at the end of the day it’s the people that have made it all a good experience. Best of luck in whatever you do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind thoughts

I’ve tried that, but I am too competitive and have this deep seated entitlement to win at everything. RNG isn’t really compatible with that

And I 100% agree that it’s the people that make it all worthwhile, overwhelmingly a very nice bunch that play this game and inhabit the forums

1 Like

I’m really sorry to see you leave. You were always so generous with your time and knowledge. I wish you only the best.

1 Like

@Infinite you will be missed by many.

1 Like

I don’t know what thread it is all about, but I like watching videos experience from @Olmor and @Scarecrow, specially with event challange sample with classic/season 1 heroes.

And I do really appreciate this forum and everyone who makes it happen! Happy Appreciation Day to all!

3 Likes

Yeah sorry about the hijack, go about your business :+1:

2 Likes