Clear presentation of your ideas matters. People will not read a wall of text. Five ideas buried in a long paragraph are as good as invisible.
Fortunately the forum software has some rudimentary formatting capabilities.
Surround text with
- one *asterisk* or _underscore_ for emphasized text
- two **asterisks** or __underscores__ for strong text
- <strike> and </strike> for
strike through— useful when you edit a post but want to show what you changed.
- <ins> and </ins> for
- <del> and </del> for
Put a backslash \ before a character to disable parsing. For example use “\*” to avoid having the asterisk start italics, as in:
- without \: “I didn’t summon any 5s or 4s!”
- with \: “I didn’t summon any 5*s or 4*s!”
To achieve an effect, start a line with
- header 1: #
- header 2: ##
- header 3: ### (etc. down to header 6)
- list bullet: * or -
- list number: 1. (The software automatically increments numbers in a list.)
Use a vertical bar (“|”) at the start of a line and to separate columns, e.g. |Cell1|Cell2|Cell3|
Start each new row on a new line.
Second row MUST have three hyphens (“—“) as the contents of each cell, e.g. |—|---|—| . These are hard to type on some platforms because the software may autocorrect two hyphens into an em-dash (“—“).
|Barbarian||Wound||6%chance to apply bleeding from any normal attack. The effect deals 60% of the damage done and lasts for 5 turns. This effect stacks|
|Ranger||Pierce||5% chance to bypass defensive buffs when attacking. This includes counter attacks|