FORCED SPECTATOR MODE?: Exclusion from the war without the consent of the players

I was about to suggest the same thingā€¦ thanks for saving me the thumb work. Sooo many alliancesā€¦ sometimes somebody has to hang back and watch Murphy Brown.
Iā€™m interested to know however, the one who stays behindā€¦ how does their top 30/5 compare to the rest of the team? (As @Rook said, no game idā€™s)

Check after war to see your participation % please!

It wonā€™t be fixed for this war Iā€™m afraid, but Iā€™ve let SG know this is occurring as an issue. If youā€™ve rechecked the box, and you have five defense heroes saved to your war lineup, you should be good to go for the next War.

2 Likes

My name in the game is Shari and the alliance is Tyrs Horn.

My alliance - Š”Š’ŠžŠ˜ Š Š•Š‘ŠÆŠ¢Š. 3 of us were excluded from war.

Hi, there shouldnā€™t be any known issues relating to spectator mode, it is possible that the player has opted out accidentally. We are going to add a confirmation popup for war opt-out in the upcoming update (version 16) - hopefully, this will help to prevent any accidental opt-outs.

Make sure to also read this FAQ article:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003367193-Why-am-I-in-Spectator-Mode-

6 Likes

I think that is wise. I really donā€™t think I opted out, but I canā€™t rule it out 100% either, being human and all. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Many wrote that there was no accidental abandonment of wars, a level above 14, there are 5 heroes in the team, they did not leave the alliance online every day, but turned out to be no reason in the observer mode.

The above are the results of the survey, this problem has touched many people.

to equalize the number of participants in wars of the alliances, the system itself excludes players from wars, but this is discrimination without the reasons

@Petri thank-you for your quick response to our concerns. I understand that there shouldnā€™t be any issues with matchmaking, but it would be worthwhile to confirm that there isnā€™t the issue hypothesized earlier in this thread.

While I do not know your database, it should only take a simple query to determine if any of the current war matches have a Ā± variance > 0. If so, then your development team has done a fantastic job :smile: If not, I would find that suspect as having an exact match on every match is not probable.

Thank-you for your time on this.

Translation (Spanish): It also happened to us in our alliance and it does not go through a theme of not having activated the participation in war is a problem of the game and it hurts us just as I have a player who is attacked more times than the time of recovery of life is long for him it was not I hope that with this update there are no more problems.

NOTE: Google Translate butchered this one. So sorry, Ely1! :confused:

I know I didnā€™t opt out as I have been participating in AWā€¦In fact I have been the one of the top five scorers for my alliance during AW. It just plain weird

One of our best players was excluded from the upcoming war. This is very demoralizing for our alliance and I dare say, we will be not participate until this is fixed. If it is a bug, then itā€™s understandable that these things occur from time to time. If itā€™s is a new game feature, it is assinine and it will discourage more people to opt out.

Hello, @Rook, @Petri,
This same bug has bitten me.

I did not uncheck ā€œParticipate in Warsā€. However, it became unchecked somehow. I am now in ā€œSpectator Modeā€ for the War set to start in 17 hours, 50 minutes (approximately 2:10 pm Eastern US Time October 13, 2018).

My Alliance would benefit from my participation, so if this can be addressed prior to the War kickoff, they and I would greatly appreciate it. I will not provide any identifying information in this post, as I believe that is preferred/requested. However, I am available for contact to help remedy the issue. Thank you.

Almost a quarter of my Alliance is excluded from tomorrowā€™s War!

@Petri

Please revisit the above?

None of the reasons in the linked explanation extend to us. It would seem to me, that with many suffering the same inexplicable experience, that a bug exists. We have, as an alliance, decided not to participate in our upcoming war despite our looming battle. Not as a a rebuke to E&P, but to stand with our brother in solidarity.

My alliance had a member 2 wars ago that was put into spectator mode. He is a co-leader and daily player. He had his team filled ready to go and logged on right before war started and found he was in spectator mode. He did not uncheck the box and had a full team ready to go.

@Rook @Petri this happened to one player in our alliance during the last War as well ā€” same situation as others reported, his checkbox is checked, he thinks he never unchecked it at any point previously, but he was excluded from our War team.

Our alliance is The Pirate Horde.

Thanks for continuing to investigate!