For the love of... need a solution to duplicate heroes!

I don’t see a problem with eating duplicate 5* heroes. Of course, one can always keep 10-15 lousy duplicates total as HA 10 retrain (now with the new costume option it is viable) but other than that - why keep them? I mean, do you keep 10 Melendors at 1/1 because they are useful 4*s?

1 Like

I would only keep 3-5 dupes myself in fact, I don’t need 10. considering:

1. HA10 cannot be queued, so I really only need 1 dupe at a time plus a few spares in case I get someone good
  2. HA10 rates for getting a non-vanilla are super low
  3. I have 17/20 of the vanilla 5*s so only missing 3
  4. and if I get a costume of one of the 17 5*s I already have, I likely will only need the costume and not the base hero

Roster space is my bigger concern, not so much dupes.

2 Likes

After Sg’s answer regarding dupes, i started feeding them off… I won’t hold my breath that they will do something meaningful in the future :confused:

5 Likes

A long time ago—before HA10–I reduced my dupes down to three apiece, and later down to two, just to make room. I’m a cheapskate. :grin:

5 Likes

we need system to sell unwanted 5 stars. something like turn in 10 of 5-star heroes and you get a rainbow gem. use rainbow gem to summon one 5-star hero that you do not have yet, guaranteed. or trade in one 5-star hero for 1000 emblems. etc

2 Likes

Something like that but way less generous is more realistic. I’m not sure what the lowest I’d take for a 5* is but I’d probably go for 50 emblems. Better than spending 1000 gems for more slots.

They mentioned “benefits” from duplicates:

But given the following idea that improving HA is too risky as stated here:

I would guess that their solution will be something similar to

But maybe less. That might disrupt their ability to sell emblems.

Something right up their alley would be like 2-5 EHT. That exchange is set so that they’ll always profit, by reducing dupe 5* on benches for mostly food. They can market it as ‘getting an extra chance at a better hero’, when 90% of the time, it’ll be for all 3/4* heroes.

The best thing they could do is say that any duplicates of a hero don’t count towards the limit of your roster slots.

That would make a ton of goodwill not cost them anything and be only a minimal impact to people buying slots now.

It would actually make them money encouraging people to pull knowing dupes won’t fill them up.

8 Likes

After getting a 5th Elradir last night, I think you’re probably right, SGG has no serious plans to address this issue because no solution benefits them. As painful as it it to do, if your queue for HA10 is like mine (30+ duplicates now waiting in line) feeding dupes to the first one of the same hero so you get the biggest % chance to up the skill level I think is the only thing left to do. :unamused:

2 Likes

Since limit break is already live and running, and there’s no way out of it. I would like to suggest duplicates be used to limit break the hero itself.
If I’m not mistaken, limit breaking with Aethers open up 5 levels, and there are 20 levels in total to be “limit broke”.
One duplicate can be used to limit break one level (or 2, whatever), so that duplicates up to 20 would be of value.
This way, the game would still be balanced, as the majority of duplicates would be S1 heros (and possibly HOTM), you won’t be able to leverage this for powerful heros like Finley, Jabberwok or Elizabeth.
This usage would also justify the value of 5* duplicates, as the majority of them are costly to acquire, and eating them as exp feeders would hurt too much.

4 Likes

Trade a legendary hero for a matching color *5 Aether. So with 5 dupes one maxed legendary can be Limit Broken.

3 Likes

Well, this is even better, mine is more restrictive.

First let me say that 5* heroes in game terms are very valuable, they are hard to come by and many players will struggle to get any especially in the early stages of playing the game
Heroes of the month are even harder to come by and duplicates for the vast amount of players are the stuff that dreams are made of
The forum has many threads that are full of players that are complaining that they cannot get 5* heroes nevermind heroes of the month, even players that have invested the time effort and resources to construct one or more tc20’s complain that they have never got a 5* hero even after over 26 attempts ( that’s 6 months of trying)

Yet SG while paying lip service to the idea that there is a problem with duplicates and promising to address the problem are at best dragging their heels or completly ignoring the problem

They promote the idea that 5* heroes are the holy grail and are therefore extremely valuable and then infer that duplicates are not really worth anything hoping that players will just discard them

It is patently obvious that hero level 10 is not fit for purpose, most players that have reached this level will have most if not all of the season one 5* heroes, and while upping the reward with a 5 percent chance of getting a costume may be fillip for some it does not solve the duplicates problem and is a drain on valuable resources which is leading to many players not using the facility

We need movement on this problem as a matter of some urgency

I propose that as a fix

Only duplicate 5* heroes can be retrained

A retrained hero cannot be retrained into a hero that the player already possess’

I know that people will say that this will flood the game with lots of 5* heroes, it may well do but for the heroes to have any effect they must be fully ascended which as we know is expensive in time and resources, acquiring 5* ascension items is not easy, only the whales would be able to exploit such a situation and as the well of duplicates drys up a return to what passes for normality would soon resume

As for the 5* heroes themselves we are only dealing with older heroes and heroes of the month that for the most part will struggle at the moment to hold their own against the new more powerful heroes that are coming through (I know there are exceptions but I am generalising)

7 Likes

I kind of like this, the only problem now is that they’ve added costumes, so if there is a stipulation that if you already possess it, and don’t have the costume, you can get the duplicate again, but at least you have a costume.

1 Like

I’m glad that you like the idea,

Thank you for bringing the question of costumes up I had not thought about it

I think that the idea that they (SG) could follow the reasoning that you could continue to get duplicates because of the costume allocation is one they could probably would use is valid

They could on the other hand reason that as you already had a version of the hero you could not get the hero again therefore preventing you from getting that heroes costume through the hero accadamy

The point still remains that we need to address the problem of duplicate heroes

2 Likes

This idea will never happen. In theory whales would have the most to gain from this iteration of HA10 because they already have almost every single 5*. Maybe you’ve been chasing BK and have spent 100s or 1000s of dollars summoning each time the portal comes around but you get every other hero. Well now you just wait for HA10 to give you the one you didn’t get. This would result in those who spend a lot spending less. I think the most fair thing is to keep the costs and odds the same but reduce the cooking time. 1 week is a long time. TC20 is 2 days. Make it 3-4 days. Same amount of recruits and ham. That makes it so you retrain more often but it would come at the cost of alchemy lab or troops or leveling. That’s a lot of hm to use up every few days.

1 Like

I still think using the duplicates to limit break said hero is the best solution, it’s like other games where you need multiple copies of a hero to +1 +2…etc, and this would bring s1 s2 hero’s back to the game for c2ps cause they can get copies to limit break from TC20

3 Likes

This request was formally added to the long list of QOL requests earlier this year. You can search for the thread.

The official answer from SGG is No. affects the game economy.

Will there be a solution ? I doubt it cos this issue has been around from Day 1 of this game.

This game is now 4 years old. Still no solution.

That’s actually pretty good. absent some other offering from SG that would let you exchange dupes for other rarer heroes, which apparently will never happen.

1 Like

It can’t… the game is already in decline.

How do you get big spenders to continue wasting their money if you give them a free option at gaining new “rare” heroes?

That idea would cost them a fortune.
Forget it