For the love of... need a solution to duplicate heroes!

I think you totally failed to get my point about having a 5 star roster where 25% of it is comprised of just two heroes, one of which is useless until +18. If I were to put a dollar value based on the total I have spent converted to a 5 star equivalent and the 5 stars I have that are non TC20, each one has cost around $350-$400. I’m stoked that you can just afford to spend and feed away duplicates but I keep mine for my hero Academy in progress. BTW are you that snarky IRL? Take care.

5 Likes

HappyHippo, I don’t think I said you were upset. about this issue. I said ’ issues like that" or something to that effect. Either way, all those things come down to overreacting. that’s all.

1 Like

Sft1965 who is IRL? And I don’t just feed heroes away - most go to HA, but some are better used being fed - usually the ones I don’t like. That’s all.

IRL => In Real Life. outside the webbertubenets

1 Like

I fed more than 30 5* duplicates but still have 70+ left. Hero space is too expensive now.

1 Like

Time to put emphasis on this topic again. I heard dupe heroes were going to be used as limit breakers??? Rumor I’m sure…. But yes, it would be nice if we were able to do/get something more valuable for the 5* duplicates we’ve acquired over time. My guess is that 5* heroes that are not dupe would need to be separated somehow from the dupes. Maybe an HA level that requires duplicate 5* heroes where you choose your item(ascension-hero-emblems-etc). And the item and 1 hero are returned. It’s popular belief that players shouldn’t be forced to buy hero storage space just to store heroes we will possibly never ascend.

1 Like

They really should give 5 slots free with new events like Starfall Circles to encourage pulls.

4 Likes

Just a rumor and nothing else.
Using duples as ascension materials put obviously too much strenght on S1 heroes (most likely to have duples) and they obviously don’t want that.
Aka, forget about it.

Also, we are now waiting 17 days just for them picking which answer to give in their Q&A session.

17 days just for that.
I leave to your imagination what it will take eventually for all the rest.

Must be some hell of answers.
Can’t wait, mmmmhhh.

6 Likes

You would really hope, at the very least, that SG has the decency to respond to the main areas of concern raised in multiple questions on that thread:

• Duplicates
  • QOL
    If they fail to do that as a minimum, then there is very little point to offering Q&A sessions in the future (or even for us to participate in them).
    I fully understand that the company can’t answer every question, but they could amalgamate the majority into the two points listed above
4 Likes

I have no doubts they will respond.
Problem is: how much vague the answer will be?

The more vague is, the more is close to something they do not want to do (but also don’t want to clearly stated)

But i have already a topic-project in mind in that case, lol.

4 Likes

Let’s see how long they will take to release their official answers.

2 Likes

Duplicate heroes, of which I have 80+,here’s what I would do,

Make it so that you can only retrain duplicate 5* heroes

Garentee that you would only receive a 5* hero that you do not presently have in your hero roster

What would this mean

Well obviously you can only retrain duplicate heroes

You would definitely get a 5* hero that you at the time do not have in your hero roster

However if you get a hero that you don’t want and get rid of the hero there is always a chance that you could get him/her in future retainings

This means that you will probably have to keep some heroes that you can’t retrain meaning that you will have to pay to increase your hero roster

You will depending on how many heroes you retrain have an increasing number of new 5* heroes to ascend leading to a shortage of assention materials

Sg will probably argue that this will flood the game with 5* heroes

I disagree ,I think that for every hero that everyone wants there are two or three heroes nobody wants and as it would still be a random draw as to which heroes you get it will take a lot of retraining s for people to get the heroes they want

I also think that it would take a long time to get together the materials they need to ascend a number of heroes

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter how much more for me.
I mean, no matter how busy you are, if you take more then 2 weeks just to answer some questions, it already says how much is important to you giving those answers.
But i guess we already knew it.

I honestly don’t expect any clear answer from them.
And for clear i mean what they want to do and a release date for it.

Any “we are thinking solutions” or “at some point in time” are equal to zero hope in my book.

8 Likes

Don’t get me wrong as a player I think I could like this idea, but that’s something Sg would probably never allow.

There are a few problems, first of all, you say 80+ duplicates I’m really sure there are a lot of players out there who have similar numbers.
If you allow it to be trained into something completely new there is a huge chance that you will get a lot of great heros and don’t have the mats which would mean people would stop spending to pull in the portal. Because why should you do that when you don’t have the mats but can run tc20 meanwhile and retrain your 5* you get there into something great.
If it’s limit to some heroes, say old hotm it’s worthless for many players with so many duplicates, they already have many of them or will get them very fast.

If Sg puts a high diamond price on the retraining f2p or c2p can’t use it which would make it useless for a huge part of the community.

The only real option would be very long unskipable training times, say 1 month or longer per hero, 12 completely new heroes would be a far better rate than hero academy, but wouldn’t brake the game balance. But with such a long time it wouldn’t solve the dupe problem.

No there is no increasing number. You REtrain duplicates so you don’t have more heroes in the end only more diversity. So no money for poor Sg.

1 Like

All ha is doing for me is sending back another s1 hero I already have so never solving the problem. Now I have to spend 450 gems to make room which is insane

I didn’t see a solution for duplicate heroes anywhere in the v39 release notes…
Or were all the QoL and player satisfaction changes omitted in this round of updates?

@KiraSG @Petri

2 Likes

Seriously, this. After, I dunno… 30+ retrains in my HA, I gave up and have been doing just troops. They take forever, but at least it’s not a pointless waste of time and food.

1 Like

During the recent Q&A, Tim & SG team spoke about “Duplicate Heroes”. How they have given it a lot of thought, have some possible solutions & will prioritise later this year.

What solution do you think SG will give to us players for this duplicate issue?

Context for this POST is to share possibilities & also provide SG a fresh sounding board thread post the Q&A that helps both sides have a win-win solution to this issue.

Hoping that this doesn’t get lost = merged with previous threads… which SG has already read!!

Thanks!!

1 Like

On the business perspective, SG will do nothing to resolve duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate heroes. They will let players either feed them to better heroes or have them retrained at HA10.

@Rook @Dudeious.Maximus @JonahTheBard @littleKAF

Please merge this to existing thread: For the love of... need a solution to duplicate heroes!

4 Likes

thanks for starting this discussion. I would not worry about it getting merged with another thread - at least, the old thread is bumped up, new replies will appear, and this will also help show just how much interest there is in solving this problem! (and if SG ever does read it again, it’s all in one place).

Sadly, the latest Q&A and the recent priorities of SG do not give me much hope for this. Even something like allowing for multiple retrainings in HA 10 would already be a big help…

although SG did mention in the Q&A, they are aware that buying new roster slots can be expensive. I for one, would be satisfied with free new roster slots that allow me to keep more dupes, while also having enough space for a growing roster and for feeder heroes! I hate having to pay gems for more roster space, especially now I have to pay 200 gems for every 5 new spaces…

1 Like