For the love of... need a solution to duplicate heroes!

Do you have a link to this promise?

See below for the staff reference to a solution to dupes. This is from June 2020.

It’s worth pointing out this is less of a cast-iron promise and more of a collection of weasel-words (a phrase that probably sounds harsher than I intend it to)

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t blame @KiraSG , because it’s not her decision but this was a very roundabout way of saying suck it up buttercups.

SG took so long to develop HA that players understandably pinned a lot of hopes on it and it turned out to be pretty disappointing - months of building for a 5% chance of something interesting once a week (if you remember to collect on time).

So the dupe problem is still blowing in the wind with likely the same outcome that it’s now so long since there was any communication that the outcome will probably also disappoint.

(Please prove me wrong @KiraSG - I want to celebrate an innovative solution, not fight another inferno of rage :pray:)

5 Likes

Are they actually making QoL improvements or just saying this? They really needed to do the QoL improvements before starting the non-stop calendar of events.

QoL was trailed in the 2021 sneak peek. There was absolutely no detail as to the scope of these.

The mods regularly suggest popular ideas but we haven’t been informed of what’s plausible.

1 Like

This is why I question it, they can detail out how their revenue will grow with season 4 and new costumes for OP heroes but can’t list a single QoL improvement that is planned.

3 Likes

I should say my faith in SG doing something useful for all players has been quite low since this costume outside of season 1 non sense began.

1 Like

Yep, SG have created an environment where, when a Dev does show up, they are hounded by the players who are starved of information.

There’s been no new interviews for years because every promise of QoL is seized upon and held to ransom. But that’s just a symptom of lack of interaction.

6 Likes

It isn’t fair to you moderators to bare the brunt of users annoyed at SG cause they choose not to communicate to their players.

5 Likes

Well being the Sassy McSasserson I am, I raise this response with my old responses.

5 Likes

VOOOIIDDDERRRRS I LOOOVVEEE YOOOOUUU!!!

1 Like

For Jonah:

On topic:
Having ruminated on this topic for so long I’ve come to the conclusion that the issue honestly is a bit more complex than just duplicate heroes. Hero academy at it’s core does provide a resolution of duplicates albeit with a less than savory rate for more prized heroes compared to Vanilla (S1) Legendary heroes.

It’s the resolution of duplicate heroes in the same tier/category (i.e. event heroes, season 2 heroes, season 3 heroes, seasonal, etc.) that needs to be addressed. Having 3 HotMs and not being able to exchange them for a pool of similarly rare heroes is incredibly frustrating. Taking a risk and throwing a hero like this into hero academy for 7 days at a time is an excruciatingly poor time-risk-resource exchange. So then your inventory piles up with these dupes you’re too scared to risk in what I would express is a terribly rated HA.

6 Likes

SG really only has 2 simple things to think about. Duplicate 5* heroes and ascension mats distribution. After that the veterans will start spending again

3 Likes

I again say the best thing for both the community and their bottom line is to allow consumption of duplicates to ascend the consuming hero without other material requirements (either immediately regardless of hero level, or upon being otherwise ascension-ready). Whales will spend to get duplicates to immediately ascend their shiny new S-4 heros, and the rest of us will at least get to clean up our rosters so we don’t get super-frustrated by seeing all the duplicates and/or having to off-color feed.

1 Like

Just let us trade them in for something worthwhile, like a bunch of emblems or something. HA10 has made it clear that they have no intention whatsoever of letting duplicate 5 stars easily and conveniently be converted into other heros. It’s just not ever going to happen because it negatively affects revenue. So just let us turn them into some sort of other in-game currency that doesn’t have revenue implications.

3 Likes

They could even do multiple of one color traded in for the 4 star mat of that color. 4 green 5 stars spits out a tonic, or something like that.

1 Like

always nice to see you pop in @voidstrike

and excellent point as always.

That also extends to, say, addressing duplicate 3* and 4* who are “rare”. Like, not being able to exchange a 3rd Hansel in hopes of getting a 1st Gretel. (not quite as egregious a problem, but still. or maybe I am still just salty that HA nowhere includes the ability to retrain into non-vanilla 4* and 3*…)

Ah yes…duplicates of 3 star & 4 star…

They’ve all been sacrificed to SGG Gods:

1 Like

4 green 5s for a tonic? I’ll pass in that.