For the love of god a 4 day challenge is like a job

There is a troll here, but it’s not Elpis…

If you are not able to finish the event in the time given, you either need to get better/stronger or you need to accept that you won’t get all the completion rewards and choose which ones to go after.

5 Likes

You’re not alone thinking like that, other beta players as well are thinking that “there’s too much in so little time”.
Expecially if you want to compete, be in a top alliance, have the best heroes.

But my whole post is that i personally don’t break my back to get a loot worth of a chase.
I still get some good 4* AM and most of all the coins, which was what i was after (since i’m a C2P).

I said i played exactly the same way and quantity i play maps, not spend for it and use a deck available for most of us.
Is it simply POSSIBLE to do it, just need a bit of strategy and items management.

I was not bragging, but rather trying to give you hope.
Trust or not is up to you.

I still enjoy the event, even if i had to lower my standards same as you.

4 Likes

I thought it was boring before they increased the number of days and the numbers of challenges you have to complete.

Now it’s such a drag, it isn’t challenging but that’s probably because I don’t care about scores doing each one once is enough.

I know we will have Halloween soon and those events are even worse for rewards and effort I really cant imagine being bothered this time : /

I think that when one gets to the point that playing a game feels like having a second job, it’s time to move on.

4 Likes

I think just the opposite: The longer the challenge the more competitive and stressful it gets.

High players will try more times and non competitive wil get bored of the challenge coin seek.

2 Likes

That actually makes sense 2 me. I never thought of that. Kinda nice to not have to recheck levels over and over for days on end and make sure u didnt get bumped out of tiers. It’s over fast. Maybe I was just too tired to even bother with this one at all.

Nados in challenge events?

I mean it worked for you but just thought that practice died over a year ago

Grats on ranks btw. I missed out on all 3 tiers. Oh well always next month

OMG It was HORRIBLE! I’m not playing the next one that’s for sure.

I can cut my work in half by farming the first three levels of Epic instead of Rare?

1 Like

As you know, score improve if you get combos/number of moves.
Since tornados affect the board but it doesn’t count as a move, you can get more combos for equal moves.

I’m not so sure top scorers doesn’t use them.
I mean, let’s take the perfect board: diamond on first or second move, charge all your heroes, good combos that destroy all the first wave, still some good tiles on the board.

You nuke the second wave with items.

Boss wave you have the diamond, and rather push it and “consume” 1 move, you use 1, 2 or even 3 tornadoes and hope it trigger by himself.

You are sure to charge again your heroes (tornadoes fill mana) and spare 1 move.

1 Like

How many tornados did you use?

Way back when i thought nados were how top scores were had until zero and ucla/dator showed otherwise with explanations and video evidence, so has me curious now

I wish the challenge event was month long so I could farm 100s of Challenge coins :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I used many because as i said before, i do not wait for the perfect board (too many flasks for it) but as soon as i see a decent board i “improve it” with a nado on the first wave, if i can’t kill them with tiles.
Then i use them on the last wave too if i need another push.
All that is just to compensate using less flasks.

This time i eat something like 50 of them, but i have to say i still have 200 and manage to replace them easily.

I see, thanks for elaborating

Any reason you don’t use them on titans?

I finish the event to get emblems, farm r3 to get some xp, and on the last day i check on which tier I did best and eventually decide whether it’s worth it to pump the result there.

That’s more or less my plan.

What videos are you referring to?
Thanks in advance.

I’m in two baby alliances and jump from one to another to fill titan and war chest faster.

My maximum titan level is 3* :sweat_smile:

@Grahm

There’s more from those players and others as well in youtube but those were first to pop up in my search

Hope it helps

4 Likes

I aimed at completion, and then messed around improving scores here and there, where time and mood permitted. There was plenty of time. I didn’t use any expensive craftables other than one time stop on the bosses in leg, and I think one bomb in epic. I didn’t use many craftables at all tbh (I’m a hoarder, it’s true).

So I got to the tiers that gave troop tokens, and so got 6 WE flasks, 6 raid flasks, 6 Troop tokens and trap tools on top of completion rewards, which a seems decent return on my lazy efforts.

There are a lot of things to complain about, but the new challenge event tiers aren’t one of them, imho at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks [20charsmayhem]