For new players - the 4star heroes that changed the game for me

You clearly have some 4* or 5* heroes. That may have been written for someone far less far along in the game, or who is focused on which of the 3* they have to keep for use in events and tourneys.

Also, you are looking at these heroes from a titan perspective only, and you are forgetting that you can stun titans, as well as use mana potions to charge heroes up.

One could then argues that since they aren’t good at tians, all 3* heroes suck, since titans and 5* heroes kill them easily. However, 5* heroes are really, really awful at 4* and below events tourneys, for example, so do they then also suck? Given that, every hero sucks at something.

You have to compare like against like, so this is among 3* heroes. Here are the reasons:
Bane comes for free as your first decent hero, and has blind, and hits well.
Kailani & Gunnar actually help you stay alive by spreading out damage.
Beliuth & Hawkmoon heal.
Other heroes are good mostly due to fast speed, or dropping defense, etc…

Realize that at where you are in the game most 3* won’t work well for map farming, but some are still okay. Some of the Atlantis 3* heroes are much better.

1 Like

I have the same feeling. 3* heros can be useful but lack sustain and don’t allow to elaborate the match as easy as 4*.

I only have 4 4* heros Danza, Grimm, Kashhrek and Sabina. All of them improved my roster strongly But the aces of this have been Grimm and Sabina. Grimm as a powerful hitter and debuffer and Sabina, despite not being maxed has filled a huge void in my roster as Dispeller and healer. Now I can take on teams which weeks ago only a great board could win.

2 Likes

Proteus is definitely a game changer!!
I went right through season 2 enemies without repeating a single stage. Just a Handful of mana potions and my star bench warmer proteus!!

Hansel and gretel definitely. They were the two 4 stars to help me clear legendary in every event till date. Dtill use them on most event stages.

Boldtusk was a huge boon, healer and attack increase.
Wu Kong is invaluable for titans, events and just about anything but defense. He can be tricky to use with the minus accuracy but is awesome with tile damage. Bring a healer to keep him alive.
Proteus also invaluable and still on my main team. The mana stop and poison is great. Bring a healer to keep him alive.
Wilbur also with his skills is a must for events except red reflect.

If you summon any of these 4, make leveling them a priority.

2 Likes

Going good amd doing well. I am also a newer for some weeks now👍🏾. I’m having bigfuntime!

There are plenty 4* heroes in the game. My advice is to keep any 4* heroes in the beginning. I agree with other fellas, 4* heroes at 4/70 is better than 5* heroes at 3/70. Most important thing is to give priority to fast or average Mana heroes. Slow heroes can wait.

Wu Kong + Wilbur for the Titans

Proteus and Hansel for events

Additionally Sonya and Melendor are still in my best team.

2 Likes

I will give a shout-out for the under-appreciated Kiril. Sure, Boldtusk gets tons of love for being a Fighter and having an amazing attack buff (and rightly so);

but Kiril buffs both attack and defense, and that defense buff really helps with survival, my frailer heroes like Proteus and Jack O’Hare were able to tank sniper hits because of that heal + buff!

5 Likes

BT, Caedmon (original and costume), Sonya (original and Costume), Proteus, Rigard (both original and costume), Kiril, all three pulverizer bros, Wilbur, and Wu Kong are all game changers. If you get lucky enough to score these heroes (and in the case of some heroes, their costume too) they will help greatly.

Hansel and Gretel are both really good as when they go off, I tend to dump junk tiles into the boss affected by their special. It is a very good way to clear the board.

1 Like

I think there are more game changers in 4* realm that in 5*:

Proteus, Wilbur, Merlin, Hansel, Triton, Jackal, Falcon, Wu Kong, Rigard, Mist, Brynhild, Gullinbursty.

I even may be forgetting a couple.

1 Like

@Sernarok, one more: Almur

I need 20 Evelyn! of Character

4 Likes

@Sernarok

How do you use Merlin? I have him at +1 and don’t consider him a game changer. Any help you can give to open my eyes will be great!!!

Thank you. :wink:

Merlin is awesome. I overlooked him for ages as I got Proteus early but what Merlin does that Proteus doesn’t is drain the mana completely. The strength of this cannot be stressed enough. You are ready to fire and this lets you pick an enemy hero and then drop all your useless gems on them which charges the mana making them hit someone (this is actually meh, I don’t care about that bit) but then empties the mana…it’s been an absolute life saver on many occasions. I actually deeply regret feeding the dupe Merlins I had…I’d totally run 2 and tag team them

4 Likes

It’s just a matter of timing his special for when a very dangerous target (let’s say a titan or an Isarnia) are almost full, when their mana fills, they spend their mana attacking someone of their own team, or in the case of a titan, himself.

It’s pretty much the same principle as Hansel, it’s very useful everywhere in the game.

2 Likes

And probably a few more.

20 forgetting chars

2 Likes

Merlin do only 1 enemy and in avarage, not like Hansel fast.

I have 3-Merlin, one maxxed, and I think I’m not plan to level the 2nd. Proteus is better, because it does for 3 enemies. If we do not have other Proteus, maybe 2nd Merlin is good choice though, IMO.

1 Like

I have 2 Proteus and rarely run them both together…for the extra direct damage and full mana drain I’d use 2 Merlins

2 Likes

There is a reason why Merlin is average and Hansel is fast… Merlin special cripples enemy more than Hansel’s.

Hansel takes 50% off mana, Merlin makes enemy “use” all his mana in a friendly attack

4 Likes

@amrath Merlin is imo best used on offense as he requires good timing like Hansel and Gretel. He is a very good mana controller and sniper, he just tends to get overlooked because of Lord Fishface (aka Proteus). I have been on the business end of his attacks so many times, it is a little frustrating to have him hit a full mana hero then they hit themselves or a teammate.

1 Like

I have had this hero (Merlin) such a long time and never really done anything with him. He currently sits at lvl.3. But I always have a 5* to work on So he gets left behind

1 Like