For All The Old Players

I remember elemental chest mean at least 1 4 ascension item and one epic token at least.

Chance to have epic tokens in wanted missions also had good %.

Every 1 or 2 month they gave us special offer that cost 250 gems to buy 1 epic token & 1 troop token.

Was a good days without stress. Now SG want only money.

2 Likes

I joined about two and a half years ago and I can tell you, man, things were tottaly different back then. First of all, there was honey flowing where the waterfall is today and fried chicken flying instead of duks, with little garlic souce bottles tied around their necks. And there were dawgs running round the base, instead of villagers, with pretzels in their tails. I tell you, those were the glory days of E&P.

3 Likes

applauds loudly I cant really speak to 2017 E&P but I can speak to 2018 and it didnt seem that uneven and there was def a lot of grinding.

1 Like

LOL all I was saying was that my loot seemed to be more generous back in 2018.

I remember my first elemental chest.

I remember being pissed off at it.

It popped in place of my titan chest.

“WTF is dis @#$%? I have to kill 150 blue titans??? So it’s gonna take me what… like 3 years to fill this chest???”

No, no, calm down. Just 150 blue anythings will do. So I killed 150 blue stuffs and got my loot.

BEST. LOOT. EVAR.

After that, I looked forward to every elemental chest. Loved it when they popped up in place of a raid chest.

“Nice! Now I don’t have to get mad and throw my phone across the room today! I can just EZ play some stress-free provinces instead!”

Always got nice loot from them. Was always 100% worth the little bit of extra effort.

These days? Not so much. Kind of underwhelming.

But then, of course, now we have a thousand other events with lots of shiny lootz and prizes, especially for those who come in top 5% place or above.

Personally I am not a fan of events where my score is compared to others… I like guaranteed rewards for completion of a basic task. I’m not a competitive PvP type by nature. The main thing I always liked about PvP in this game was that it wasn’t actual PvP, it was me against a computer. I am not a fan of the whole “ranking” nonsense where the amount of loot I get is determined by how well I do compared to a million other players…

4j5yvj

1 Like

You and I are very different in this regard! I am more annoyed than happy when this happens to me, as I carefully manage my raid skips and raid flasks so that I always optimise the maximum number of chests opened per day and don’t waste raids that don’t fill a chest (this can really my patience when I have unused tourney flags, but they should almost always be left until the end as they don’t recharge hourly). An elemental chest (especially with their quality these days) throws all of those carefully laid plans out the window, and I end up having to raid 7 or 8 times without filling any chest - its madness!!!

And also I find raiding/PVP the best and most challenging part of the game. If I could avoid 90% of the PVE content I would (Ninja tower I actually like, event challenges can be fun up to a point)

1 Like

If you’re interested in comparing drop rates, this is a good post to compare current rates to:

If you compare those values to the elemental chest loot thread

The values look to be within the margin of error given @mrock42 's small Rare Monster chest sample size. There are probably other threads floating around on chest drop rates, as I once thought I would study the feature. However, it was not a priority over my free time and gameplay time, so it was not completed. I did see that my results in 2018-2019 compared well with @mrock42 's. In Fall 2018 I was in Gold and by Jan 2019 I was in Diamond.

Segue into the OP message:

I started in May 2018; Alasie was HOTM. Guinevere was the top tank. War mechanics were still being changed (arrows used to do a fixed amount of damage and could kill your heroes XD). Emblems, S2, and summer/fall/winter seasonal events were being rolled out (the NEWER winter seasonal event). For completing S1 there were no rewards. Folks still complained about “stealth nerfs” to loot and “unfair boards”. Others also claimed to have the key to better luck in summoning. Some things never change.

I think the journey would be very similar these days. The challenges have become harder, but at the same time they give more free opportunities at guaranteed loot. The forums have always been a treasure trove of helpful information, and thanks to the community, it has remained that way for each new feature released. Beta information is generously compiled by players to share with the rest of the forum (which wasn’t always the case).

The random drops have always been garbage, but grinding through enough chests and higher titans is key. Grind, grind, and grind some more. But that’s just my opinion. My life has become busier and I’ve taken a step back from playing as much as I used to ( no more train commute and less downtime at work). I still play, but not like the hobby it once was.

2 Likes

You are very lucky.

This is a post from 22 June 2018 (before you enter diamond league at Q3/Q4 of 2018).

112 diamond chests with 0× 4* AM.

Alguém sabe informar quais as melhores fazes pra usar os Ceifeoros?

I WAS very lucky. I guess I was. Lucky pulls and lucky drops, on top of the basic match game and the complaining fellow alliance mates made me thought I was special, thus making me get hooked in it. Not now. Especially when my alt never was as lucky as my main account. I guess there are indeed some lucky accounts and unlucky accounts. Had my main account was that unlucky, I would have stopped playing in October 2018.

FWIW, in that time frame the data I did enter had 169 Gold chests and 111 Diamond Chests. Both had around a 1% drop rate for 4* AM. Funny enough, I saw a slightly better rate in Gold, but the sample size is way too small to compare differences for such an infrequent occurrence.

Edit: Additionally, 104 monster chests yielded no 4* AM, but that’s to be expected imo. Rare chests and titan chests had the best drop rates for 4* AM among chests ( I did not get to the point where I entered war chests; there were a lot of entries between each war chest opening).

1 Like

Been playing since the end of Oct 2018, just as the Halloween event was wrapping up and Zimkitha wss soon to be the Hotm.

Can’t say I remember a whole lot. Mystic Vision had a longer wait time. Chests contents regarding 4* mats seem about the same, seldom. While there are more ways that should result in more opportunities, seems like it’s just more ways to be disappointed. Of course, results vary. However, I feel I’m where the game intends for me to be, so it may be appropriate as I do have x53 maxed legendaries in two years of playing (although I do buy all the offers that have mats, even in the store at 600 gems per chance) so I’m unwilling to give the game full RNG drop rate credit.

There was definitely far less to do and less offers when I started, which resulted in me farming the map way more than I do now. The game and content regarding events and such are much better now. Although, I did like the heroes much better before emblems.

Very much so, yes.

I do not particularly enjoy competitive PvP type games for the most part. So much hatred, trash talk, unnecessary bragging, quickly accelerating into territories of vulgarities and racial slurs and other such… ugh. No thank you.

One of the things I liked about E&P’s PvP system was that it wasn’t actual PvP. It’s still basically you against a computer. A human opponent may have picked and set the heroes for their defense, but ultimately, it’s the AI that you have to beat.

My reason for not liking raids is because my opponents always have crazy strong heroes, and I’m just praying that my boards are in a cooperative mood that day.

Oddly enough? I do like wars. Because unlike raids… if you manage to kill 4/5 of the enemy heroes in a war, you get points. If you only manage to kill 4/5 of the enemy heroes in a raid? You lose everything.

I don’t play video games for the glory of saying “hahaha I beat you, I’m better than you in a game, you suck, I’m the best! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I won’t deny that it feels good to take out an opponents’ strong defense, but I don’t take it to mean that I’m better than them or anything. Most of the time, it just means that I got lucky, or I was able to find a kink in their armor that they maybe didn’t anticipate, etc.

But overall… no, I do not like raids, because I do not have access to all of the heroes that most of my opponents do. I know, that’s what makes them more “challenging”… but it’s also what makes them more annoying to me, personally.

1 Like

Sept 2018 here. I’d say the monster chests were better as mats seemed to flow better. Most times these days it’s a sick joke as to what comes out of filling a regular monster chest. A gem?? Really? Couldn’t swing some roots or something else? Profits must be taking a huge hit.

Same goes for elemental chests. Used to look forward to filling those to get the last 4* mat needed. Now, it’s laughable. 3 silver coins? Don’t hurt yourself handing those out alright? Wouldn’t want the player population having heart palpitations over a couple EHT’s now would we.

There were a couple seasonal events…Christmas was new and I don’t get why we have to kill off Jolly Old St. Nick and the rest of the gang. Couldn’t have come up with something better huh?

No emblems.

Weren’t even a glimmer in someone’s eyes. No nerfs that I recall until now where that darn nerf hammer is just swinging away looking for it’s next target.

There was a general understanding that if you put in the work you could grind your way to a point where you could compete with the spenders. Don’t even think about it now as that’s shot to high heck. Way to go there with the F2P crowd SG.

No Floating Abomination from hell hovering over your castle grounds. Ahh sweet freedom and the memories!

Sure mats are now “more plentiful” as in you can stay chained to your device, burning untold number of crafted items in the hopes you’ll place high enough to get a half decent loot from an event completion that doesn’t consist of a WE flask.

Beta testing generally rooted out any potential problems. Don’t have to tell you where that is now.

Content took a bit longer to get out but was generally in useable/good state not requiring constant updates.

Could go on but it falls on deaf ears around here as SG can do no wrong and the fanboys will all pop in saying I need to learn how to play, how its all in my mind, yada, yada, yada…

3 Likes

BAHAHAHAHA! Best description of GB I’ve coming across!

2 Likes

Demoralizing. Folks can show hundreds of chests worth of data in the time frame of the supposed “Golden Era of Better Loot” that show nothing better than what we see today. Yet, it fails to convince people over their emotional attachment to the good old days that never really were.

Take a stroll down memory lane in April of 2018.

Please note this post that documents elemental chests back into 2017 in that thread:

Here is a post in June 2017 of an elemental chest that they thought was amazing at the time (post 10 admits that most weren’t even that good :rofl:) :

Oh gee, doesn’t this sound familiar (2017):

I hope you folks find better loot in the chests to come. I wouldn’t look to the past for better loot; because even if it were there, it wouldn’t help you now anyways.

3 Likes

It cannot be helped that some people get lucky streak in their early game life.

1 Like

Those poor b*stards :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

Elemental Chest working too.

Third four star AM this week from chests, plus one from Shrikewood. I actually needed those Rings to ascend Queen of Hearts, so a very happy camper.

And this was a nice how do you do from a B Titan score.

As I said in my previous post, you just never know.

Edit:
And the 4-stars keep coming this week. That’s five 4* AM in a week and at least six 3* AM as well - not counting Shrikewood. And we’ve got Frostmarch and Retunr to Morlovia just around the corner. Going to be one of my better AM loot months even having skipped Farholme; as I’m full up on Compasses and Tomes of Tactics and didn’t want to blow WE during Atlantis on those.

Rare Titan Loot

Closely followed by a normal monster chest

I got 247 4* AM’s since March 2018 so 7.72/month.
My first Rainbow 5* Team i finished ~Juli 2019.

Now i have maxed 26 5* and can max another 2 so 28 in 32 month which equals 0.875 maxed 5* a month. Considering i finished 5 in ~14 Months which equals 0.36/month i can pretty much assume that you get 4* AMs more frequently the longer you play. Furthermore they’ve released several extra chances like rare titans, war chests, weekly tournements etc.

@yelnats_24 you have always been pretty meticulous in your tracking of loot. Have you noticed any reduction in the last few months at all? I usually dismiss nerfed loot types of claims but I have “witnesses” this kind of sustained drop and it is something that has also been “seen” by a number of others in my alliance, all of whom are 2+ year veterans, and some who actively track their loot. I have experienced all sorts of ebbs and flows in loot drops before but this one seems different (and yes I am aware of nerfed loot posts dating back from 2017).

I am most interested in titan loot and titan chest results but even monster and raid chests seem lower (although harder to tell, as these have always had low drops). But wich titan loot I used to consistently get 1 4* mat a week at the 14* level but it has dropped to roughly 1 every 3/4 weeks.

2 Likes