šŸš« Foiled Again - Playing the game your Way (Terrible player's point of view)

Iā€™m using non-stop Alchemy lab from some months now :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

YES!!

The stronghold must be set up as a practical base of operations.

11 Likes

Yeah I have tiered as such:

Training camps, barracks and hunting lodge on highest tier closest to stronghold

Farm storage, recruit housing, 1 farm, 1 adv. iron storage and forge on middle tier

Farms, mines and iron storage on lowest tier

4 Likes

hereā€™s mine

I might rearrange againā€¦get the training camps closer to the keep

9 Likes

Really like that arrangement, except for that one food storeā€¦might copy!

3 Likes

:rofl: I do the very same thing

7 Likes

Some impressive digs you got there

3 Likes

I knowā€¦ I justify having the most advanced food and iron store near the keep as a reserve for long sieges when the outer bailey is compromised.

Thanks @Saphirra :blush: Iā€™m particularly proud of the interior design - the curtain material is just to die for

10 Likes

Whereā€™s your alchemy lab?

4 Likes

Itā€™s across the bridge to the left.

Speaking of, I have actually watched a peasant as he crossed that bridge and then returned again.

3 Likes

@Elpis, is the Academy Lab worth itā€™s? In YOUR opinion. Iā€™m asking because I saw no reason to build it but now I find that all the unfarmable AMā€™s I get are Compass (40)c Fine Gloves(37) and Orbs(27)

Would it be useful for me? I donā€™t need hidden blades or sturdy shields. I also donā€™t wave to pay a load of gems trying for something I do need (tonics, rings)

Itā€™s hard to tell if you post is sarcasm, if it is then just ignore this. But Iā€™m running out of things to build and just refused the AL on principle. Was that a dumb move?

1 Like

No :rofl:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a bit of sarcasm in it, yes.

I upgraded lab to lv5 and i donā€™t have any intentions to go any further.
Lab lv5 allow me to do 2 alchemy at the same time, and it is the last level without gems requirements.

Alchemy are painfully long and require a crazy lot amount of ham.
I use it exactly to get rid of my ham surplus and get some more axe and bombs for the monthly event. Thatā€™s it.

After months of alchemy i still have just 6.000 shards, so do not bother for that.

High levels suppose to be more worth it, but thereā€™s much better ways to use gems probably.

2 Likes

I am seeing an awful lot of my quirks on this thread.

I am dreadful for collecting the heroes as soon as they train. Even when I have deliberately stacked a bunch so I can do the train ten at once for a better chance to increase the special, I will still collect and feed them one at a time.

Someone suggested that they moved the camps out of the middle to avoid temptation. I may try that myself, but my OCD is terrible. Each time I unlock a new part of my base I have to rearrange everything to try to keep things evenly together. I am already worried that when the final stage is unlocked (I am currently upgrading to stronghold 18) it will mess up my layout and I will have to start all over again.

I currently have the three training camps and forges on either side of the stronghold, all the farms down the lower left side tier, all the storage on the right side (though having one mine storage on the square that I set for food storage makes me twitch), the barracks in the middle and the houses and mines grouped together on the middle tier on the left.

Items in my inventory (at least the stuff I can craft and have control over) is almost always in multiples of five.

I canā€™t seem to save any of the energy flasks for more than a few days - though I am behaving with titan flasks as the alliance I am in saves them for rares.

Likewise summon tokens disappear from my inventory as fast as I get them. I canā€™t stand to see that red free on the icon and just have to run and see what I can pull.

Yep, lots of quirks here, though I am trying to behave better for things that impact upon my alliance. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oooh ā€¦ are we sharing bases? Here is mine today
Managed to get my Food Stores grouped ā€¦ nowhere near the Farms though! Thinking about it, thatā€™s a lot of food and iron to go across that little bridge!

Full Base February 9  2010

7 Likes

Mines and food store on one side

Farm and iron store on the other???

Thatā€™s traffic Armageddon!!

12 Likes

Oh dear, the nine farms and five iron storages are what I feared might happen when I finally reach level 20. I think I will have to do a logical layout to appear that side of my pickiness rather than an even layout to appear my OCD because those odd number are going to drive me crackers.

7 Likes

Yours looks elegantly grouped. Not sure about traffic, but I like how most things fit. :grin:

Hereā€™s mine (sorry for the choppy pic):

(All the farms are on the right.)

6 Likes

It drives me nuts that I have one of each located separately from the rest of my farms and mines. I have rearranged it dozens of times trying to find the least offensive layout (for me).

What I have currently was fine for SH21 with one advanced mine and farm unaligned, but now I have TWO of them!.

I think Iā€™m going to have to redecorate again.

10 Likes

Thereā€™s only three groupings of 8 where the farms can go in one fell swoop (if youā€™ve used a farm as troops bldg like I have). The town is divided from top to bottom:

• 6 top
  • 8 left / 4 right
  • 8 left / 8 right
6 Likes