Fog of War (Opt-in war tourney?)

Field Aid is so predictable. All it does is make the fights last way longer than they should.

Fog of war would make some fights end a helluva lot quicker than you thought they would! Go in with your team, not knowing what you’re about to encounter… “ahhhh ■■■■ they have whats-his-face! I should’ve brought so-and-so!”

1 Like

Fog of war would make setting up your D more of a challenge. Figuring out what would be the best hidden trap to spring …

It would make for very interesting in-game chat (since we don’t use Line or Discorurse)

1 Like

Sounds fun. Only works for alliances that have more developed rosters imho.

It could be very frustrating if you have a limited roster and you find totally impossible opponents in the fog.

1 Like

I’m thinking here the strategy may be to diversify you alliance. So constant tank color not the strategy. So that could frustrate people with minimal teams. With field aid, you can at least go strong against the team. Here, you can’t. If you guess wrong, that team may be bye bye. And you can only do that so many times.

Seems like mono might be a decent strategy for this.

1 Like

It seems a really good proposal :slight_smile:

We could really need some more war rules to let more heroes see the light, for example a war where mana can’t be increased/removed by special skills and status effects, where attack/defense status aliments doesn’t works, where enemies would respawn only on resets… and go on.

1 Like

But… all the talk about how this would hurt growing teams? I’ve been wanting to implement a mono tank strategy for my alliance, but I can’t because we have limited rosters. Most of my team is f2p and each of our “best” tanks run the full color spectrum. My alliance does not have deep benches, full rosters, etc. I actually think “fog of war” would be perfect for us, because our opponents might attack one of our teams and assume that all of our tanks were the same color. Surprise! They’re not! :grin:

Versus the way we play now, we have what we have and our opponents can see it plain as day, very easy for them to take us down if they were coordinated enough and knew what they were doing (fortunately for us, several of them are not and don’t)

1 Like

You could be right. You are thinking in the defense side though. I’m thinking on the offense side. Most complaints I see are on how things aren’t fair because this is what happens when I attack. You have to remind them that your defense gets the same advantage.

So yes, it would allow for stronger defense because of the element of surprise. But say you only have 2 strong teams and then unlevelled heroes. If you guess wrong on first two, and then are stuck with your unlevelled teams, war could be frustrating.

Solution is to use your low leveled players first as scouts, but not sure that would happen. Nor that they’d communicate to others what they found.

1 Like

Ahh but see, that’s exactly what my alliance would do. And it would be communicated.

I guess that’s the biggest advantage that my alliance has over our opponents. Not our team power or bench depth, but our communication. And I recognize that not all alliances have that luxury. So the ones who would lose out most in a “fog of war” situation would not be the “growing alliances” so much as the “non-talkey-to-each-other” alliances.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the shout out.
My alliance is 85 days old. Lots of newbies.
Only 3 maybe 4 of us have any idea how to go to battle.(@ level 38 I’m to most experienced).
Benches what’s that?
Why do i have to work on 3*'s i have x 5 star.:slight_smile:. They are learning, once they hit the mat wall​:grin:.
Even my bench isn’t that deep, and it is the deepest of all of us.
Unfortunately, communication betweem us is at best, limited to just a few of us. We have not really tried to strategize beyond “i go first, you clean up ok”.
We are learning, just a few of us. Hopefully it will catch on.
I believe most alliances are very similar.
Personally i like the concept, but not for beginners. I think it would be too difficult , many may end up opting out of war altogether. Field aid on steroids.(Keep in mind i don’t realize field aid is on until 3/4 the battle went by. So this i might notice :grin:.)
As an opt in or tourney yes. Maybe for top, older, better organized allys.
Just a few first thoughts
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes