FnHOfart: jan' ONsgdf pulls

If the point is that since Sartana is the better defender people won’t play around Khiona, that’s certainly one strategy. I’d personally rather have the threat that people have to consciously play around rather than the hero that banks on an opponent’s misplay

3 Likes

I just got her on my second token pull

Uploading: Screenshot_2019-01-01-00-23-14.png…

2 Likes

it wouldn’t be a misplay. Look at the heroes in their line-up, with Khiona there, would she be the most imposing? The idea is to put trap heroes that people focus on with heroes who are just as good naturally, but better when their special goes off (because lets face it, Khiona is more dangerous after her special than Sartana is after hers). If @JRJR60 kept the line-up Alaise, Khiona, Onatel, Marjana, Lianna, which side do you think they’d focus on first. Khiona would most likely get overlooked and the opponent would get complacent, believing she isn’t the priority and go for Onatel, Marjana and Lianna to avoid damage, even though Alaise with Khiona’s buff is far more dangerous and disruptive.

4 Likes

That logic doesn’t even make sense on paper. You’re quite literally expressing that Khiona would not be the focus of any enemy attacker due to being less imposing, whereas Sartana would be. From this we can infer that to an attacker Sartana is the larger threat. All of the other heroes on the defense being more threatening than Khiona does not make Khiona BETTER than them.

What defenders are saying by focusing on killing Lianna or Alasie before Khiona is that they would much rather get hit by a Khiona special than a Lianna special. If you brought Sartana and they focused on killing her first instead of Lianna, Lianna goes off which is the worst case scenario for them.

To illustrate this more clearly via real-world example, being the only alone girl at the singles bar at closing time does not mean that she was the more difficult to pick up than the other girls if the reason she’s alone is that she’s butt ugly with bad body odor and nobody bothered to even try to take her home. Similarly, the fact that Khiona is left alone to have her special go off and potentially have good effect more often than Sartana is doesn’t mean that she’s better, it just means that she’s ugly and has bad B.O.

3 Likes

@Mr_Style_Points
Everything I said makes perfect sense if you’re looking at this from my perspective. You have someone who looks at the Khiona team and doesn’t feel nearly as threatened when confronted with the Sartana team. (The following is theoretical because I wouldn’t actually underestimate Khiona).

If I were to raid this guys team and he had Sartana and Alaise on one side of Ontel and Marjana and Lianna on the other, I’d focus on both sides equally. If he replaced Santana with Khiona (a hero who you and I agree is less imposing) I’d create a team more suited to take out the side with Lianna on it, why? Because that’s where the faster heroes are.

The point of keeping Khiona on is because she is a hero that will become an afterthought to the other girls she’s surrounded by UNTIL her effect goes off, then she and her closest allies become the threat. In the first scenario with Sartana, the entire roster is under attack equally, whereas the second scenario with Khiona, the focus is on the side with Marjana and Lianna, leaving Khiona and Alaise to power up.

I’m not sure how better to explain this. All it is is a psychological tactic. Disarm your opponent and lure them into a false sense of security with a team that appears less threatening than it is (Khiona team) or use the Sartana team and have them overcompensate and bring their “A” game.

Something just occurred to me though, as I was typing all of this. Have you seen raid videos where someone sets up their team and chooses who they’re going to raid with before they actually attack? Have you heard them reason why they chose the heroes they chose? Many people often underestimate heroes that haven’t received an “A” rating and often times don’t choose the correct hero. It is from these videos that I have come up with this rationale. The less threatening an opponent seems, the less caution people seem to take. You may be the type to plan every move in your head before you hit attack, but from the videos I’ve seen, you’re in the minority.

3 Likes

Why are you saying that in Spanish?? Because I’ve seen you post in English before and I know some people flag foreign languages.

2 Likes

So far 4 token pulls ans haven’t received her. Hopefully i’ll get the bonus when i pull from atlantis later this month

1 Like

1 summon token and 300 gems and I got Onatel and Wu Kong )))

3 Likes

So finally purchased the rudolph present. Gave me enough gems for 2 single pulls, was debating whether to finally save them for a 10 pull, but I’m desperate for new 4* or better hero’s. So thought why not, first pull got me ljohn, underwhelming for most on here but a new hero for me so happy. 2nd pull got me azar dupe… Then the screen freezes anticipation lvls go thru the roof… Could it be… Oh yes it could be… Boom bonus draw… I have my first HOM and only my 2nd 5* so happy

10 Likes

That’s great! You still need 4* heroes, thoug…they’re the backbone of every team (at least for the first year) and are so much less costly to level up.

Wow. Very nice! Let me know how they work combined on a dark titan :wink:

Gratz Dragon! :wink:

1 Like

So. Her ability works a little differently compared to heroes which reduce mana. That is, the target and nearby enemies are still gaining mana, and Onatel fills up her mana, taking all mana from the target and from nearby enemies in 4 moves. That is, in principle, she can use a special attack all the time.
So I think, she is one of the best heroes for defense, very good hero for attack and would be good for titans in mono color team in conjunction with Wu Kong. Awesome hero considering the number of health points, stamina and resistance to blinding.

1 Like

I currently have enough ascension items for one Holy hero. Should I fully ascend Onatel or Vivica? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

The full discussion of Onatel’s design and uses is over here:

1 Like

Do you have any other healers and heroes that buffs defense for team at max lvls? For example, if you have Wilbur and Delilah, lvl up Onatel, if not, lvl Vivica firstly

1 Like

Very different use cases. Vivica is a great 5* healer. Onatel is a powerful mana control,hero, especially on offense. Both are dart-worthy IMO. Which gets them first depends on your needs.

1 Like

And on your current roster
@Spec

Took one last shot at mother north, ended up with this instead…

5 Likes

It’s ok I’ve got 5 4* maxed and another 10 4* at 3/60, not bad for 4 months of play, but gloves are my issue. Thank you all thou stoked

3 Likes