Flanks for Boss Wolf

And then an opinion on that persons opinion and of course the usual internet warrior chime in stuff where that person must be a talking out of their backside because no way can they be right.

Lol well i mean you’re arguing with anecdotal opinion and others are arguing with numbers

So not sure which internet warrior you’re referring to

“I beat boss wolf in 2 raids today he’s a bad tank”

Is equivalent to

“I killed guin with 3 purple tiles running mono, she’s garbage”

1 Like

The dave schonneber post above… not skilled enough in this forum to cut and link old posts. Anywho #GiveBossWolfFlanksAChance

Self confession the hashtag thing is a joke and I’m stirring the pot now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was over it a while ago lol, just watching my tower and waiting for vids :woman_in_lotus_position: :trident: :wolf: :raised_hand: :octopus:

3 Likes

Quite like the emoticons of your yuprle D. Pretty cool stuff!

1 Like

Cool cool thanking you!

So been wanting to chat for a while about this with you.

IMO by running the yurple you are asking for people to stack yellow against you because its rewarded so much because the 3 purples die so easily to yellow tiles with a yellow 5 stack. On the other hand the Ursena will punish yellows on a bad board.

IMO a superior defense to yurple but still using some of the same concepts would be a 2 purple, 2 yellow and 1 other color defense. That way you aren’t enticing the attacker to stack yellow quite as much, you’re not quite as weak to yellow 5 stacks.

Rainbow still seems best in theory to me.

Trying my new defense out in war today! Can get Red Hood up to +18 but I ran out food/iron

1 Like

Exactly, in my experience I have, and sometimes still run 3:1:1 with Ariel swapping out drake. Poseidon loses Drakes attack link but gets the extra defense buff AND Ursena gets the extra Defense too.

However, my win rate is noticeably higher with Drake than Ariel…that is just a LOT of fast pain with Seshat, Drake, and Poseidon. I’ve tried Alice on that spot since she is fast and emblems but I could really feel the lack of link or family buff (in wars Poseidon just lasts longer and hurts more)

Also, why i like 3:2 Yurple better than any other 3:2 is yes, as you pointed out, is while its dominant, IF they take out Ursena, it will be weak against the two flanks.

In the end I am a big proponent of getting every ounce of attack and defense possible, to include maxed troops and family/link bonuses…another reason I am eager to see your Fables success

3 Likes

? Am I missing something? If you take Drake out for Ariel you’d be 3-1-1 and still quite weak to a yellow 5 stack. I’m proposing taking out one of the purples. For example you could drop Ursena or Seshat for Alice/Ariel.

Drake is too important in your setup IMO. The fast blind helps keep Boss Wolf alive longer which helps the whole defense work. He’d probably be the last hero I’d sub out personally.

I’ll keep you updated on my setup after my Red Hood gets finished.

sorry, typing while doing war hits…i corrected. I ran 2:2:1 with Ariel replacing Kage (Before i had Seshat in that spot) and it just didnt work for me.

2 Likes

I have tried many variations, for many different theory crafting reasons, but without fail, my current set up is the best for me.

3 Likes

Boss seems to be almost pure meat, if there has to be a thread for his flanks and they have to be fast/very fast to fire before the meat is eaten.

He probably is kobe meat. Give me my next wolferilla steak. :wink:

Kunchen and Ursena annoy me more at tank position.

Bosswolf without synergy is just a puppy

2 Likes

Well said…but WITH Synergy the numbers speak for themselves

3 Likes

There is a reason I stay 2550-2600 with the erahhhh “methodical” wolf as my center.

Ariel/Onatel keep it Jazzy.

3 Likes

I am F2P and Bosswolf is my tank for both raid and war. He is criticized a lot of how slow he is but I maintain in 2500+/- cups with this setup and could draw more war flags from war opponents compared to friends using Kage or Sartana tank.

He is shining as tank in rush attack tournament.

5 Likes

Just thought of Rush Attack Tournament 5*

2 Likes

7-0 so far, offense is a sad affair of horrific boards and VF losses lol

4 Likes

Incoming:

Another off topic post from Rigs to derail a thread to make it about himself lol

But i know @Ender_BattleSchool isn’t a fan of guin

9 wins
5 losses so far

Not wolf numbers but decent i believe

2 Likes