Fix? Ranvir and Wu Kong it seems they have a 60%+ miss rate

This is posted nearly every day, and has been debunked many times.

33% chance does not mean you miss 1 out of 3 tiles every time. You can miss 1, 2 or three or you can miss none. That is the joy of probability.

3 Likes

Keep whining and griping and maybe someday you’ll get your way, but the onus is not on us to prove you wrong. The onus is on you to prove your claim is right. Provide data, stop saying “everybody” and give us a Google docs with your data sets.

We are not Google; it is not our responsibility to spoon feed you months old information that you can freely look up using your own fingers. If all you have is hyperbole and anecdote, I’ll consider your claim sufficiently answered and the matter settled.

Whether you choose to get the information yourself and get the answers or just continue to complain that life isn’t fair is up to you. I hope you choose the former.

6 Likes

Yeah the truth is in the score…

As I said, I use Ranvir on the majority of titans, hitting 14*. I do believe Miki is better, but Ranvir is still solid. He is a small pile of code, abiding to a certain set of rules. Your Ranvir does what mine and everyone else’s does - if you continue to get low scores, it’s not this particular card messing it up for ya.

9 Likes

Yeah I searched I couldn’t find it.

Even if it did every patch could change the outcome making it void.

And the onus is on the developers always or should be yet people strangely defend them to the hilt. like I say I am done there is no point until a hit logger is released that is the only way it can be proved. Other than that only the developers have that power.

And as I never see any official response on here only leaving it to unpaid administrators which again is farcical I will leave it alone.

That is nothing against the board reps they do a great job for no reward but this should never be the case.

Well thank you for trying at least. I’m sad you didn’t get the answer you sought, but I’m still pleasantly surprised you looked.

It’s usually best to assume people (such as the developers) are telling the truth. Also the people on the forum are in the statical percentile that tend to spend money (I’m close to $400 assuming I haven’t passed it already), so that might explain a bit of the rabid defending.

But still, a hit logger isn’t required. You could take your Ranvir and Wu Kong to any old map level, say 8-7, mana potion them, and screenshot the hits and manually count the misses. Ranvir would be tricker to test due to the health-checking that happens, though. That is a lot of work, and you’d need at least 100 valid tile hits on active heroes to see if the math pans out. More tile data would be better to eliminate streakiness which tend to happen over smaller runs.

But that’s an awful lot of work, so you can do so if you want, but you don’t have to.

For what it’s worth, I was pretty convinced that the game screwed me over when I stacked triple blue in raids by never giving me tiles, and I started screen capping to provide evidence. But it quickly became apparent to me that my blue isn’t screwed all the time or cursed more than any color I triple stack. It also let me see my raids with a different perspective after I’d cooled down and revealed some of the losses were due to tunnel vision on my part (so focused on blue that I was missing diamond matches left and right) and bringing severely underpowered heroes to the table (often a 500+ team power differential) because I was too rigid in my concept of a viable attack team.

For instance “NO IT HAS TO INCLUDE GRIMM, KIRIL, AND RICHARD” even if none of those three would be ideal choices (say facing a Kunchen flank). I had Sonya, I had Frida, and I had Boril and Triton ready to go. Boril would be far more effective against attack-all defenses where Kiril would struggle to heal through that, but I refused to change or alter my attack comp in any way.

My playstyle and psyching myself out had far more impact than anything the board did.

Just a thought. I’m just an “old man” rambling.

1 Like

This topic, just like the topic on starting boards when stacking, has been beaten to death.

The fact is that people on this forum actually did take the time to record videos and crunch the numbers. I will refer to the following post from this topic : Was Wu kongs Pecial nerfed

I quote :

Case closed as far as I am concerned. I am more likely to believe a statistical analysis than a wild allegation.

If you still can’t shake the feeling that Wu Kong is broken I suggest you go hunt for some wu kongs in raids. You see I believe that Wu kong when facing me has a 100% hit rate but that allegation is just as false as yours.

14 Likes

Someone’s complaining about Wu Kong? Oh, there are some things that are always with us.

3 Likes

It’s funny as always: the one complaining doesn’t want to take the workload to collect data (~facts), but expects others to do so. Oh, I guess he can consider himself lucky that such data really already exists :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It’s funny you never bothered to read my post or any of them for that matter not once did I ask anyone to do the work for me.

Someone said the analysis over 100 hits has been done it hasn’t I looked 6 hits does not prove anything I already looked.

I complained it was broken it is, I stand by that. Not one person is also mentioning the mechanic which is so clearly broken.

But there is zero chance of me taking video and screen shots by slowing down of video to actually see each hit and miss over 100 battles, especially as said its not even accurately showing hits and misses so its mm impossible to begin with.

I stand by by a request for a hit logger, and if it keeps coming up over and over again guess what there may be just something in it.

So try to not be so dim and read and jump to conclusions then post smug answers.

You can post another smug answer now if you want I won’t be looking back here. so go ahead it will make you feel good about yourself.

I literally just posted an example of an analysis with over 100 hits that bares a significant statistical result disproving your theory a few posts ago.

You can hide from the evidence, hide behind excuses and run away from the topic but none of those will make your statement any more true.

5 Likes

Ranvir is working well in my DEF it’s amazing how well he does when you can’t see his hits :grin:

I’ve been using WuKong for ages (got him a few months after he was added to the game); I’m satisfied that his miss rate is roughly as advertised on the card.

I don’t have Ranvir so I can’t speak to him.

If you are asserting a different miss rate then it is on you to test him and prove he is other than listed on the card. Otherwise, it’s just you stating “I think it is thus and so, but cannot/will not prove it.”

Feel free to use the search function; I’m sure you will find threads where other players have tested WuKong if not both of these.

4 Likes

I wish I got 3 hero skill ups in a row at 32% as often as I missed 3 tiles in a row at 32% with Wu.

That’s all I’m going to say…

1 Like

I can’t even count the number of times I see miss, miss, miss with Ranvir active. It’s gotten to the point that I don’t even take him off the bench for purple titans any longer.

Yeah you see the misses and they hurt, but you don’t give it any extra thought when he doesn’t miss.

I tend to bring him on raids when going 3-2 yellow, and if I forget about his buff it feels like the others miss their specials aaaall the time. I feel that way because missing a special can lose you the fight; and not only that, but it’s my fault for not looking, or for bringing Ranvir in when I should’ve held off. If someone had asked me about his miss rate 20 minutes ago when I had just screwed up a raid majorly cause of the above, I would’ve been tempted to say it’s close to 100% (all the specials didn’t miss ofc; only the ones crucial…).

Not bringing him on yellow titans is a mistake, not only does he have the buff and good tile damage, his elemental link keeps you alive.

1 Like

I changed the title to more reflect your ideas of the miss rate.

it doesn’t matter that the miss rate is whe. there is a simple solution. Font use him. he works for tons of people but his miss rate ticked me off wag early in my gaming career here and he has been benched since. some people.have tonuse him cause that is all the have but as soo. as I didnt need him to the bench he has remained

One thing that I think would help this discussion is filling those complaining in that just because it says he has a 32% miss rate doesn’t mean he’s hitting 68 out of 100 tiles.

He has a 32% chance of missing on each tiles, which much like pulls means you could go for many more or many less misses.

6 Likes

I completely agree with you @WhenWeCollide. But, I don’t think this logical response is in line with the overall intention of the thread.

My summation - with regards to Wu and Ranvir they are broken! No opinion or articulate discussion even if backed by actual data gathered, to the contrary will sway the OP.

When you see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear, dissenting viewpoints must therefore be in error. :cry:.

3 Likes

The problem is that the failure rate, in the strong chips, is higher than in others. As a whole it fails what he points out, in the strong color much more.