[ fix coming with version 15.1 ] Obakan reflect doesn't reflect

This is my alliancemate’s pic and that looks like a 300 something reflect/counterattack on a 1114 perfect shot by Lianna on an Obakan that’s alive and in the red but alive.

The ~300 damage is not a result of a Mindless Attack caused by Alasie? She got that Mindless purple hue… Got a video?

I doubt: mindless attack drain all the mana from the hero and doesn’t do 1114 damage to yours.
But maybe making the fix to Merlin’s unmissable mindless attack have bugged riposte.

Even if so the counter should be a 115% of the attack so 1281 reflect should be applied to the attacker. Fully leveled Lianna has 1248 health points without troop bonus so she should be dead. One way or another this change makes these heroes much weaker.

1 Like

Sorry, a clarification: I’m suggesting Alasies mana is dimmed because of changing/decreasing (going down). It could be possible Lianna hit for 1114 damage, got the deflect damage (which may already scrolled above the screen), then Alasie hit her with Mindless Attack for ~300 damage. And then the screen shot happened. Yes, it’s only a possible explanation, and I’m not sure of when (on who’s turn) a Mindless Attack triggers.

Edit: … And/but reading that other thread regarding low riposte damage certainly introduces the possibility of some new bug. Adjustment.

This is a bug caused by the combination of two changes we have recently made. So in version 15 what happens is that the counterattack damage is calculated based on the current health of the defender, which after the attack can be really low. Because of this the damage that the attacker receives from the counterattack can be really low. This will be fixed in version 15.1.

1 Like

Didn’t fully realize this reflect change till I read this issue… glad to have clarity, and I understand the logic, but I would agree that’s a pretty substantial change to this special.

Btw @Mananabas, that’s a nicely captured screenshot from your alliance mate! Perfect timing…

Its likely a still from a video.

Please bring this ‘bug’ back. Right, wrong, or indifferent it nerfs riposte heroes for what has become an expectation. for longer than I’ve been playing (>1 yr). The 4* become almost unusable, the 5* become even less desirable than they already are. If this was a new thing I get it, but it’s been part of established gameplay for well over a year.

3 Likes

Obakan was never good, but now it’a piece of s…

1 Like

Just to be clear: in version 15.1 you are going back to calculating the riposte damage based on damage done, but only if the riposte hero didn’t die. Is that right?

I will join the chorus of those opposing the “only if the riposte hero didn’t die” change. This is a world of magic. Logic need not apply. Since the game’s launch, attacking a riposte hero always caused injury. Why change now? It’s not as though the community thinks riposte heroes are particularly good. Take a look at the 7DD rankings: each and every riposte hero has a grade of B or C. What was SG trying to fix, considering the riposte is already one of the weakest effects in the game?

A previous version (12?) made the one fix that really was called for: the riposte damage should be capped at the pre-attack health level of the target (plus any minions) multiplied by the riposte %. (I didn’t understand why the multiplier only applied if the hero lived, but it’s a small enough difference I never raised it.) This new V15 tweak takes an already marginal special and makes it nigh-on to useless. No blades for you, Sumitomo!

3 Likes

So I can throw 2 of my (only) 4 maxed 5* in the bin now? Obakan and Elena have been rendered useless if the special has been reduced :frowning:

(Yes I know Elena has a mighty tile attack but aren’t all heros really judged by the special move?)

“Rendered useless” is a strong statement. “Reduced value.”

If I understood @Petri correctly, in V15.1 the damage will go back to what it should have been: damage inflicted * 115%. The (intended) change was this: if your hero dies as a result of the attack, there is no riposte damage dealt. So the majority of cases won’t be affected; it’s those times when the hero dies but leaves the attacker unscathed that bothers me.

This happens often enough that the change locks in my decision not to ascend any more riposte heroes. Riposte was already of marginal use – your heroes have to take damage to inflict damage – and this change pushes it over the edge into non-viability IMO. Fortunately, Cyprian is the only riposte hero I’ve got leveled. Unfortunately many other players have invested significant resources to level up riposte heroes.

3 Likes

And that was the beauty of Riposte…a sort of self destruct that helped bring the other team down. Why the need to change it now when Riposte/Counterattack “dying” damage has always been present?

As someone with a 4/80 Elena (as mentioned) this significantly reduces my desire to use her in raids & events. I have an obakan, and I’ll level Quintus now instead.

Lol, we are nerfing a skill that was already bad for taking a shortcut to fix a bug?

That’s so bad in many ways.

6 Likes

Glad I kept obakan at 3/70 and fed elena away. That’s where he’ll stay.

So who decided any damage dealt after a hero with counterattack was killed was not intended? After a year and a half?

1 Like

I guess it’s easier to “tweak” the standard heros that are more prevalent in F2P teams instead of, oh I don’t know, balancing Guin and her ilk?
Best not to upset the paying players too much.

1 Like

Anyone think it could be due to the ghost heroes on raids, I’ve had it before where my boril dies as well as Leonidas, but he doesn’t actually go. This now wouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

Maybe, but this wasn’t a problem until recently, so I doubt this would be what fixes that bug.