Fix / Buff / Adjust Norns

I think she’s great on attack, especially using a rainbow team.

I have been suggesting this for some time. This would be the best thing to happen with Norns. Unfortunately, she has been rare enough that I think any such change will never be implemented by SG.

Well… essentially it’s an attack boost, for tiles only.
And…
Only for associating elements! So if purple tiles hit a blue hero the attack buff is nil.
With meh direct damage.

Seems good! But great?.. I guess I can see the greatness on rare cascading boards. It’s just…
I have Gazelle,
Gazelle is horrible on defense.
But is, hands-down, the most amazing offensive weapon I’ve ever toyed with.
And I just don’t see any comparison…
Maybe I’m missing something?

1 Like

Don’t forget it also eliminates ALL weak tile hits, for those hit by the special. Every single tile hit is either strong (2 of 5 elements) or normal (3 of 5 elements). Given how much tiles fill enemy mana bars, having that extra beef in the hit is very valuable.

Plus minion teams - also helps them, given the same as above (no ‘weak’ hits).

I’ll say it again… if she just added in the weakness to slash attack’s in defense that’d be awesome but really as the special is laid out in her description the enemies tiles should get weak against the opposite colors

2 Likes

Norns has an incoming buff but not the right one. Still does not make her good on defense.

3 Likes

Agreed they just add 1 turn to existing color debuff on offense no change to defense…ughh

2 Likes

With the recent special attack buff and the additional turn, Norns is increasingly useful.

On attack!

The extra turn is useful for getting the coloured tiles where you want them.

On defence - no change, she’s still Thorne. But not useless - I use her as my yellow tank in a top 500 alliance and she frequently stands up, helped by her mana delay and realm bonus.

As a long term Norns fan, I’m fairly happy.

3 Likes

Glad to hear she’s working out for you Jonah. I think for me when I look at her elemental debuff, I just see it as almost inherently defensive. Weakening enemy tiles based on element would be huge. In addition to the random nature of boards it would add a whole new twist on the stacking strategy. Mono, 4-1, and 3-2 can be as much of a setback as a benefit if her debuff applied attacking tiles. Seeing a Norns on defense that could turn my red tiles into blue tiles in all but appearance would really force me to think about how I wanna attack that team. We have Chameleon of course too, but I don’t think his color changing special for heroes is nearly as game changing as Norns tile debuff could be.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve gone Mono against chameleon and it’s actually helped me LoL where I went in all dark had no dark tiles but a bunch of Yellow and then bam I’m fully charged in one turn after he goes off

1 Like

Exactly, Chameleon on defense can turn a bad board into a good one for an attacker, but Norns would always turn a good board into a bad one for an attacker.

1 Like

Definitely has alot of potential if they’d code something like that in…I still gave her my dart’s over justice due to the mana speed and damage plus let’s face it there isn’t alot of good sorcerer hero’s anyways and everyone is competing for paladin emblems, …and I already use her at 4-66 in wars alot… can’t wait to put some grid’s on her…or them? LoL but yeah just needs that defensive kick

1 Like

You compare 280% damage to 480%? I mean yeah she’s got more direct damage then 638 but would 770x2.8 be more?

She’s against 3, he’s against one + minor to two.

It’s not exactly the same but yes it’s broadly comparable as two heroes without any secondary effect on defence.

1 Like

If the tank is dead and both Norns and Thorne are hitting 2, the damage gap is even greater.

Norms just needs to be fixed, her ability just doesn’t work on def. and it makes no sense.

Yeah I suppose her AoE is defined greater then Thorne… although with grid’s he can hit hard… I’ll try her on my DTs once I have her at 80+ grid’s I’ve faced her in platinum and diamond tier and with mixed results sometimes I can take her out fairly easily other times she has hurt me…only other yellow I got that does anything good is Li Xiu with 3rd teir costume bonus (almost maxed) and that’s made a big difference as she’s not nearly as squishy
We’ll see I suppose but Li Xiu mana down is crippling with her costume bonuses if you don’t get a good board… hoping to pull Joon leo or Viv from tc20 one of these days

1 Like

Make the elemental buff/debuff hit all instead of nearby enemies only even if it is for 3 turns only, then, she’ll be good on defense.

But it still won’t do anything on defense it’s about what it does…if it made just 3 enemies tiles weak on the attackers side then it’d be awesome…as it stands doesn’t do anything 3 or 5 targets

@OGdirty1Kanobi

I dont know what you’re talking about. She does do something to 3 ( target and nearby).

The second part of her special does absolutely nothing on defense…so it’s just the direct damage of her special…on defense

And yeah it hits hard… but of targets a wing only hits 2…the 2nd part of her special needs frxing for defense opportunity

3 Likes