Fix Atomos

I took my Atomos to 4.80 because I decided ā€œwhat the hell, why notā€ I pair him with buddy and even with the defense drop, he barely hits more than 350 damage on enemies. My thoughts on him being better:

Change mana to average.
Does 150% to all enemies, increases up to 270% the more mana the enemy has.
All allies get +24% mana for 4 turns
Self buff for revive lasts 4 turns, undispellable and after revived, small HoT for self for 3 turns.

He wouldnā€™t be overpowered and would add to the team as a whole.

4 Likes

Atomos definitely needs a buff, if not a makeover. Right now he is pretty weak and doesnā€™t really add much to the team. Even with heroes like gazzelle or wu, his damage is still low and doesnā€™t make up for the fact that he is slow. A solution might be upping his damage and extending his secondary effect to allies (if keeping the mana slow), otherwise Iā€™d like a completely makeover, given the fact that I hardly think that someone summoned for him on purpose. Maybe instead of the resurrection thing, there might be some heal over time for allies and a decrease in enemiesā€™ healing at medium speed (just like the rumoured first beta released version). Anyway a fix is required.

4 Likes

That is one of his core problems. He canā€™t even kill wave monsters. To make damage dependant on how much mana an enemy has renders that hero almost useless imho. Rather change it to health if you have to have a dependency.

1 Like

I fully believe his damage is coded wrong. Even with enemies at full power(his max damage potential) and a defense drop on the enemy team (buddy, Grimm, gormek, etc.) He barely hits around 400. Ursena has the same max damage potential if the enemy has over half health and she easily hits in the upper 600 range, without a defense drop assist. I could deal with slow if he hit like a hurricane, but heā€™s more of a waterspout.

5 Likes

I think the coders forgot to add a zero to his damage multiplier :rofl:

Random quick fix that could make him a super cool flank:

• Fast/Average, Undispelable, Resurrect if killed for Nearby allies
1 Like

Barely ever use my maxed Atomos, he canā€™t even kill a map monster, but what happened during this Tourni highlighted how terrible he really is.

Rushed Attack, party time for slow heroes right? Well, for everyone except this guy.

MN on wing is about to go off but so is the only other enemy hero left standing, Azlar that will most likely kill the entire team. I have two heroes charged, L18 Hansel & Atomos who was brought along and held back from firing for this very reason. Smart move is to stop Azlar and let MN go off even if she revives the whole team. After-all, itā€™s only 10% HP + a 10% minion and most will be near full mana so his damage should be close to 270%.

How did this play out? Azlar was stopped, MN brought back the whole team and thenā€¦
Atomosā€™ damage was so weak he couldnā€™t evenā€™t take out one hero. How pathetic is that?! Needless to say, the match was lost because of him. Any 4* hero wouldā€™ve been better. Little John wouldā€™ve killed the lot, others with similar stats like Zim or Zeline as well.

He is broken for sure, good nowhere and in no situation. He is hands down the worst hero in the game. When a S2 5* gets outperformed by vanilla 4* heroes you know he is extremely bad. Fix him, we paid real money for this junk.

5 Likes

It is sickening just to look at him sitting in my roster, taking up space

1 Like

This happened many timesā€¦ donā€™t think atomos can kill Mother Northā€™s minions :rofl:

1 Like

Now that season 3 has released with an incredibly overpowered hero in Tyrā€¦ can we please get Atomos fixed?

Tyr
Fast speed, 285%damage with 60% chance to bypass defenses(ranger emblem for free? Really?) bleeding damage(barbarian emblem for free?) self heals as well as Aeron and can resurrect 100% for 4 turnsā€¦ one man army.
And then we have Atomosā€¦
Still pathetic. On paper should be able to match Ursena in max damage with max enemy mana, but barely does 60% of her damage with a defense drop assist from an extra heroā€¦ fix him. Itā€™s time.

3 Likes

Atomos is just fine, k?

I believe you mean ā€œranger talent for freeā€ no? also only applies to the SS direct damage while ranger applies alwaysā€¦ but I digress from the main reason I came to post here:

Explain how heā€™s just fine. Iā€™ll wait.

Relax, heā€™s being a ****ā€¦ usually a little inebriated about this time too :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Damnit, guvnor nailed it on the head.

3 Likes

ā€œFix Atomos??? Lmaooo just BUY gems until you pull a hero that youā€™d like. Thatā€™s so easy!!! Now bye need to build a random overpower hero or feature to break the gameā€™s balance.ā€

ā€” SG

6 Likes

Please change Atomos mana speed to average and resurrection to 3 turns. Problem solved. The Guardian of Atlantis should not be the worst hero of Atlantis

2 Likes

All that and his resurrection needs to be undispellableā€¦then heā€™d be decent. Not great, but useable and probably worth ascending at least at that point.

1 Like

Totally agree. Atomos to average speed would fix him. Youā€™ve got other heroes who hit harder at average and other heroes who can self-Rez at fast and average. No clue why he is slow.

1 Like

Beta Update

Beta has opened, with balance changes to Atomos and other Heroes.

Please transition discussion to this thread:

=> šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

1 Like