First world problems... Too many 5* single source damage dealers?

It sounds like you have HotM envy. I know I do. Almost all HotM are fast mana with one to three additional effects, with rumors of a very fast mana red HotM in the works. In war, fast mana is king.

Also 5* take a lot of ascension materials and XP. 200% of the 3* ascension items and 212% of the XP of a 4* hero (Note 1). Almost all of which you lose if you use them to level another 5* hero.

The question is what do you NEED right now?

If you want to join an alliance fighting 10* titans, and rumors of 14* titans, than 5* sniper tanks are always a good investment. Grimm has a very nice attack stat, but most snipers have better defense and HP ( helpful against titans and raid defense healers hiding in the corner ).

I don’t see Joon being replaced by a HotM anytime soon and his blind is insane, so he is probably the safest bet to take to at least 5* 3.60 ( still a lot of unrecoverable XP ).

If you don’t have a good rainbow 4* 4.70 team and a good rainbow 4* 3.60 team, you might want to concentrate on 4* heroes.

4* hero teams with double strong, or double strong and double neutral color, can do more damage than a team of all 5* against a titan, quest boss or a partially damaged war defense team. ( Note 2 ). This happens when the 4* team has good heroes with also good synergy ( AKA they compliment each other’s special skills ) while the 5* team has poor specials/ they don’t stack/ short duration/ minor effect/ etc.

Finally reflect red and reflect green challenge events will add three 5* heroes for a total of six new 5* heroes.

If you need the 5* sniper tanks now, you will still need them later.

If you don’t have enough good 4* heroes ( all heroes are not good, some suck, looking at you Oberon & Thorn ), then the 5* heroes you have are not going anywhere and can be leveled later.

Note 1

Note 2