🧭 First Path of Valor Log and Discussion – Starts February 3

Cue the exponential growth in comments in the “Make Path of Valor possible for new players” thread.

2 Likes

@zephyr1 @Guvnor

8 Likes

Thanks, @Kaenguru, I’ve updated the top post of the thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dang. That is one I’m not going to be able to finish. I’ve never completed Legendary tier in a single Challenge Event.

Theoden

1 Like

Funny, that’s almost exactly the mental image I have of Garanwyn too :rofl:

2 Likes

Ba-dam-tusss! So people had no need to complain about titans. They now can complain about challenge events!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s bad. And over 3k points too. So everyone who can’t finish legendary is fu**ed (has no chance at 4* mats) even if he finishes 100% of the rest. That’s so stupid.

Yeah, I don’t think any of the others require 100% completion rate to finish the mission.

Tournaments - survive 3 out of 5 days in them all to complete
Titans - defeat 3 in 4
Raids - doable with 3 wins per day
War - (probable 4 tiers by points) 6 flags in 10 of 14 wars tentative
Summons - use all your silver/ETT should be ok?

Challenge Event - complete 6 of 6 levels available including legendary

And NO leeway in it if you can’t with 3150 points for 3rd tier.

2 Likes

I’d be lying if I’d say I’m happy with that third tier as up to now I was never able to complete the legendary level in the challenge events. But I’ll try my best and if that’s not good enough this time then perhaps next time as I’m constantly working on my hero roster. And, after all, it must be called Path of VALOR for a reason. So, now we know, why :wink:

6 Likes

I believe placing a not that good defense team for tournament might help.

The game randomly chooses the player that attack you or the player you attack but from certain group category based on your level.

If you get too many wins on both defense and attack right on the first day you get in the better players group and then chances to lose battles increase,

Since you have to win raids / attacks in order to continue without paying gems the only possibility I see is to lower your defense team a bit and loose some defences.

It will not give you point for defence but might be able to bring you few extra attacks.

This means more battles and therefore more point for the POV challenge.

It doesn’t. They fixed this ages ago.

Close but not quite. It matches enemies based intially on your ROSTER. Then after that it moves you up/down depending on performance… Win a battle, get a slightly harder enemy. Lose one and you get a slightly easier one.

3 Likes

Yes, it is only valid for the current tournament.

However, you can wait to the last day to see how much you have completed and then decide whether to buy it or not.

Even if you buy it on the last day it will unlock all previously achieved Valor Pass Reward Levels.

The slightly still counts as it could be the difference between a win and a loss.

Every extra battle will bring you closer to the completion of the tournament challenge.

Anyway the tournament has been adjusted to try to draw gems from you.

In the beginning I believe it was 4 attacks per day.
I believe, now it is 5 attacks per day but with the same number of allowed losses.

If they give you 4 allowed losses the tournament should end on the 5th loss not on the 4th as it is now which is a bit unfair or you should be allowed to clear one loss for lets say a winning streak of 5 or 10 battles.

Was always 5 attacks per day. Only change was to make it 5 battle days.

And that slightly is in reference to your attacking… Your defence team means nothing except regarding the end-of-day bonus points… Doesn’t affect who you get matched with in offence at all.

1 Like

They did not fix anything. Using algorithm does not make it better even if it is a complicated one.

Letting some algorithm to consider your roster is even more unfair as there is no valid and written in stone hero ranking system.

You can see the mess this makes in the matchmaking of the alliance wars sometimes (I should say most of the time). OK, alliance wars is something that has to be set up prior to the beginning of the event so not much choice.

Tournament should be purely based on your performance and the power of your attack and defense teams. Every time you try an attack it should match against your current tournament level and the attack team you chose the battle before or in the beginning should correspond to your defense team strength.

I do not remember the details, I remember that it changed to more possible attacks and same number of allowed losses which generally is designed to screw your performance and hopefully make you pay.

I believe the available points are different based on the opponent strength so you are already punished for battling weaker opponents.

@Guvnor is right…
Placing a weaker defense won’t grant you easier opponents…
But feel free to try and put some 3* hero an a 5* tournament if you belive its not…

Just don’t give bad information to our fellow forum players…

4 Likes

First off, wayyyy off topic for this thread with most of what you’re now talking about.

How is it unfair…? It matches you with opponents who are of the same strength as you are… If it was only based on defence set then people would (and did) gain the system… By using the available heroes that players have as a baseline it removes the ability to hack they system by purposely throwing your defence with weak ■■■ unlevelled heroes…

Imagine it this way… Someone with 30 maxed 5* heroes in a 5* tournament sets a defence team of 3* heroes… Who should they face? Opponents with 5* defence teams or ones with 3* heroes? :thinking:

No actually I don’t see this… I see a lot of complaints about it and in alliances where there are very few members it can be a problem… HOWEVER, the alliance system is designed to cater to later groups of players… So no, I don’t see this at all… Matchmaking for wars for alliances which are at 25+ players is usually pretty good… In v. Small alliances (i.e. 5-10 war participants) there are some issues relating to facing enemies who “war shuffle” (i.e. reset their alliance score every war chest) but this doesn’t occur in the fuller alliances…

I just explained how it literally does this… It only uses your roster to rank you for the first attack… As I already said…

Uhhh sure… Another “Zynga are an evil greedy corporation” believer huh…

Yes… How does this relate to any of discussion?

3 Likes