šŸ§­ First Path of Valor Log and Discussion ā€“ Starts February 3

Iā€™m starting to get worried about the tournament challenge. I am typically out at some point on Wednesday, meaning I get 10-12 attacks in a typical tournament. Not knowing how far the challenge goes has me wondering if/when I will need to use a continue to get more attacksā€¦ Is there any ā€œgut feelingā€ about how far that challenge is going to end up going (Iā€™m currently at 11/15 on the third one, with one life left, so will probably his 12-14 this time around. But we know thereā€™s a 20 after this. 25 is getting difficult, and 30 is all but out of the question.)

1 Like

The tourney one is something I doubt Iā€™ll finish. Iā€™m always kicked out by Wednesday and I donā€™t use gems to continue.

If that one task keeps me from completing the PoV then Iā€™ll have to think about whether the other rewards have been worth the cost of premium. If I donā€™t finish this first PoV due to the tourney, then I know Iā€™ll never be able to complete it.

Iā€™m a level 70 player with a full roster. If I canā€™t make it now, I canā€™t see anything I can improve to ensure i make it next time!

7 Likes

We have to wait for top players to publish screenshots of last tiers. But last tier is a lot of attacks anyway, so theoretically we will have some time to catch up.

If I knew that one continue would complete the last level of the valor quest, Iā€™d probably do it, though. Not knowing, Iā€™m not going to start shelling outā€¦

Do anyone know if there is a delay on the premimum pass. I mean, is it only valid for the current Valor path or will it be for the next ones? There is no mention about ā€œdurationā€ in the premium valor path buying window. If it turn to be a one time purchase, it will be of great value!

The Valor Pass is tied to this particular Path of Valor.

It wonā€™t carry over to the next Path of Valor.

A similar question may have been asked before butā€¦

Iā€™m on level 20 or so, If I purchase the pass now, does it unlock the rewards Iā€™ve earned previously?

Yes:

2 Likes

The general feeling is there will be 6 tiers, 5+10+15+20+25+30=105. There are 7 weeks and a day. So you need to average 15 hits per tournament, with possibly a chance for 5 more hits on day 50.

However if you complete all the other valour and daily challenges, you might be able to skip the 6th tier and still get the top prizes

1 Like

It will probably be during the 5th tournament that the first people can complete this challenge and definitively confirm the tiers (although we can be pretty certain during the 4th).

This means you have tournaments 5, 6 and 7 remaining when you can decide if using a continue is worth it.

3 Likes

If youā€™re like me and canā€™t get past day 2 of any tourney now just keep track of what you need to complete the challenge. We will have to either spend gems in tourney or on summon challenge to complete as you cannot let them both go

I didnā€™t make the model. Itā€™s been crafted by game developers in response to human psychology of purchases, gaming, and addiction. Theyā€™ve just figured it out, and mass produced games to respond to and exploit this nature we have in ourselves.

Apologies if my words were delivered in a way that caused offense. I was just trying to be blunt and concise, not just to you individually, but to all readers of the post.

Understand that the game developers are in the business to make $100,000,000s. They are not in the business to make any individual gamer or group of gamers happy.

They know full well what our weaknesses are in terms of gaming addictions and monetary purchasing decisions. They are here to exploit those weaknesses for profit.

Thatā€™s the end of the story. They know for every ā€œoneā€ who becomes enlightened and breaks free, there will be 10s of 1000s who do not become enlightened or break free. So they can well afford to disappoint you as an individual in terms of how they design some particular element of their game.

2 Likes

Middle of day 9, 48 summons. Counts only grey tokens and troop tokens [add: and one Atlantis coin pull], no hero tokens, no saved up before PoV. Together with some free costume summons and greys from challenge events, on track to complete challenge. Some 1 gem chest acceleration.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t find that symbol anywhere for elite enemies :slightly_frowning_face:

S1 8.4

2 Likes

There are quite a lot of them if you look through Season 1 Stages, e.g. Province 8:

Province 9:

Province 10:

etc.

2 Likes

You are correct.

1 free summon per day 1 x 50 = 50 summons
3 average per day from 2 x 2 chests 3 x 50 = 150 summons (requires clock-work 24 /7 for 50 days)

Total 200 (may be if you are very lucky you will get 25 or more additional ones and will complete at least level 9)

If you are member and paying monthly fee on the other hand you will have:

2 free summons per day 2 x 50 = 100 summons
3 average per day from 2 x 2 chests 3 x 50 = 150 summons (requires clock-work 24 /7 for 50 days)

Total 250 summons, now even if you are not lucky but have completed everything else you can reach level 50 reward without level 10 Summons.

Bottom line it is called free rewards tier but you have to have monthly subscription.

Stupid idea? Even if you donā€™t pay a nickel you can win items. Other than the yellow icon showing ā€œPath of Valorā€ how does this hurt any player at all?

You can never have too many bones, which are needed for crafting harpoons, which has become very valuable against titans.

Except the dragon bosses in the first two provinces actually arenā€™t considered elite despite their domain icons having the crossed swords and wings. They may be the only exception. I know. Just for kicks, I fought the Green Dragon at Rathwood needing one elite enemy to complete that challenge, and it didnā€™t count it!

2 Likes