🧭 First Path of Valor Log and Discussion – Starts February 3

How about a challenge pull heroes of the month. This will be interesting.

1 hero = 1000 points
2 heroes = 2000 points
3 heroes = 3000 points
so on

I have been playing for almost 1.5 years and no HOTM so far.

I know I am FTP so chances are low.

1 Like

That one never appeared in Beta so unlikely :stuck_out_tongue:

Would make things interesting for SGG from a revenue perspective… So don’t go giving them ideas!!!

1 Like

I’m taking a break from the Forum for that one. :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

How about 100 points for every $ spent? :money_mouth_face:

I think there will be a sharp decrease in revenue from valor passes during the next Path of Valor event.

And probably like with the costume chamber FIASCO (after testing it in beta) it will be pulled out for repairs.

Really?

I don’t know that I agree… I think that the feedback in general has been pretty positive about the Path of Valour…

There are noisy dissenters but most of the comments I’ve seen both here & on Line have been saying that its nice to have something new which puts some excitement in the grind… Particularly for players who’ve been around for 1 yr+ when the maps are done, all you have to spend your energy & time on is wars, titans & farming… can get a bit monotonous :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that there may be a drop in the INITIAL purchase of the valour pass as players discover/ decide to wait until later in the time frame to buy the pass, depending on if it is worthwhile for them.

6 Likes

I think there is a little glitch in the Path of Valor. My husband is in the same alliance as I am and we have only killed 3 titans, yet he has 4 in the PofV. He hasn’t left the alliance or anything. Hope somehow I get some extra ones. :joy::joy:

I got one more than another player in our alliance. It was just a quirk of timing as to when the event started and when we’d each signed in.

Hopefully one titan, more or less, won’t make any difference when the event is over.

2 Likes

If you ask me the Tournaments is the only really good improvement of this game so far.

Even if with the new challenge event heroes it becomes harder and harder to compete with people who spend money.

For a FTP I could never hope to compete at a higher level in a 5 star tournament, but at least had some fun and was able to devise strategies and achieve 1% or 5% when it comes to 4 star and 3 star tournaments.

Costume chamber - I actually liked the original version (just costumes but higher chances for 5 star). Had to be changed and screwed up.

Hunter’s Lodge - Not good enough
Alchemy Lab - Disaster
Hero Academy - who knows

2 Likes

Even if the valor pass has 50 days from time of activation, there will be 10 days break between two consecutive Path of Valor events and during this time you will not be able to buy or collect valor points.

If you do something like what you suggested you will end up having 40 days to complete second Path of valor event.

Even if you are extremely well prepared and make all valor challenges which is 30000 points.

You can only make 40 x 3 x 125 = 15000 points from daily challenges.

Total required valor points for completion of all levels is 46750 points.

Therefore 46750 - 30000 - 15000 = 1750. You will be 1750 points short to complete the second Path of Valor event.

1 Like

You are very wrong it is even worse than real garbage.

If you are a truly FTP player (do not want to spend money to pull and did not prepare stockpiling coins well in advance) you won’t even make it to the last level reward where the 4 star ascension material item is.

It is simply not possible to complete all reward levels. You can get level 50 reward even without the last summoning valor challenge level but you will still need 225 summons to complete level 9.

This is 225 / 50 = 4.5 summons per day.

This I believe is impossible if you do not pay (truly FTP) or unless you have stockpiled a great number of silver coins in advance.

What if they kick you out of the alliance you jumped in just before the titan dies?

It could happen especially if you were not there from the beginning and they suspect a free loader kind of jumping mercenary.

I agree that Tournaments are awesome. Haven’t had any complaints beyond the fact that the loot still sucks…

I did too but thats just because I’m far enough along that I have all the regular S1 heroes (vivica excepted). So for me I didn’t need the hero AND the costume, just the costume… HOWEVER, that is a late-game perspective of someone who’s spent a fair bit & gotten a lot of heroes… Vast Majority of players aren’t in the same boat as that so the original design was actually ■■■■ for them as there were many players who got a costume for a hero they didnt have & were unlikely to get anytime soon.

HL was about what was expected… Rare Battle Items which are niche in their use… Pretty expensive to craft but really they are aimed at spicing up the life of later game players rather than new players… Late game players who HAVE the resources to spare to craft & use the items regularly.

On this, it’s not 50 days of activation. The Valour Pass is active ONLY for the Path of Valour you activated it for… Once the current Path of Valour ends, regardless of when you purchased the pass, the pass ends. Reason being is that you can claim all the “Premium” rewards in arrears.

1 Like

You will not be able to finish everything.

You will fail for sure The Summon Heroes (unless you have a stockpile of silver coins) valor challenge and most likely fail The Defeat Titans valor challenge which will lead to not being able to get level 50 and may be more levels of valor rewards (no matter free to valor pass tier).

Why?

Defeat titans = total of 35 titans

Total titans appearing in Valour Challenge Duration = 52 Titans (50 days / 23 hours per titan)

Ratio of titans needed to kill = 67%

meaning you need to pass/ escape MORE THAN 1 in 3 titans…

If you’re worried, on the pass titans just duck outta the alliance & merc a kill or two… But realistically you don’t need to do this… If your alliance is passing/ failing to kill more than 1/3 titans, you should probably be looking for a more active & reliable alliance… Just my opinion

3 Likes

So will there be more raid challenges or is that
it?

2 Likes

Just by opening 4 chests daily (2 monster + 2 raid) you can get 3-4 silver coins, which is like 150-200 silver coins just from wanted missions. Add to that the 50 free summons, and 225 doesn’t seem like a stellar task to me. Of course, reaching 275 is another story and might require a little bit more luck, but you can still reach last node without that last tier.

And if you are a part of an active alliance, defeating 35/52 titans (67% kill ratio) should be doable. And if it’s not, then you are definitely in the wrong alliance. My alliance mate (@princess1) and me play in an alliance where we farm 13 star titans. So basically, we kill 3-4x 13 star titans, and when a 14 star comes along we just let it go. So that’s a kill ratio of 75-80%. So even without mercing we will be able to reach that goal quite easily. And this method will work with any level of titans.

So, I still think the valor challenges are quite reasonable and should be within reach of any active player who has been around for more than a year.

2 Likes

Thats it.

If there was another tier it would have automatically rolled over after hitting "collect’ to the valour points.

Also see OP:

3 Likes

That’s all for the raid challenges. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You wouldn’t get credit.

Good reason to communicate with an alliance before joining to merc.

There are plenty of people in AR chat looking for mercs all the time, plus Line/Discord/Facebook groups for them, and lots of recruitment posts on the Forum where you could ask if they’d be up for you joining for a bit to merc.