šŸ§­ First Path of Valor Log and Discussion ā€“ Starts February 3

Hi mate,

That is a Class Trial. Not a Challenge Event.

Challenge Event = Monthly Event (the ones with Rare, Epic & Legendary Difficulty).
Class Trial = a Quest.

3 Likes

I feel ripped off after buying the pass. I only got it for the scope and because the legendary part of the knights of Avalon didnā€™t count for me because I literally beat it 22 seconds after the event expired, and they gave absolutely no way to make up enough points to cover that valor challenge not being finished. I worked so much during the event and did the best I could when I was home and it just wasnā€™t good enough. Daily challenges should have been worth more. Not 1 person in my alliance under level 35 has even made it to 40. Itā€™s sad seeing them so disappointed in themselves when itā€™s not really them.

1 Like

OK so if itā€™s a monthly event and valor is 45 days, how was I to finish two? and complete that section.

Each Path of Valor runs for 50 days in total with ~10 days between Valor Paths. This essentially means that each PoV covers 2 full months.

Within that period of time, there are two Challenge Events. This Path of Valor that is about to finish had in it Pirates of Corellia (March) & Knights of Avalon (February).

1 Like

But like I said, going back to my original statement, this is unfair to NEWER players like myself who DO NOT have 4 and 5 stars heroes to defeat these challenges with. I have been playing less than 2 months, and while yes, I have spent more than $100 dollars on the game, I do have a few 4 stars but being that it takes a very long time and resources to level them up to any type of fighting challenge, it is pretty much impossible for someone like me that had 2 and 3 star heroes to compete with, so pretty much a mistake to pay the $10 for valor and making me think not worth sinking real life money into the game where I can play other games that would satisfy my spending a little more. Does this make sense to you? For you think someone with lower starred heroes could stand a chance against these challenges? I think there should have been a different avenue for less experienced players like myself to be able to completeā€¦and the daily challenges that ask for timebombs and items that we do not have as a lower level player seems a bit unfair. understand devs try and put forth something challenging to players, just donā€™t think they take into consideration us fledglings that are not so powerful, BUT are daily players and devoted to leveling up. So, like my original statement, something should be done to make us feel better about participating in these events in the future and spending money to activate certain avenues. I have spoken.

Thats a whole different discussion:

1 Like

I completely went the way of valor 19/03, but Iā€™m not going to participate in it anymore. It takes a lot of time. The resources received are not worth the time. In the end, the game should be for me, not me for her.
If I knew what the game would turn into in two years, I wouldnā€™t start playing it at all.

The Path of Valor is completely optional, as is nearly everything in the game. More content is never worse than lessā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s worse when, together with a new one, they cut back or forbid what happened before. Loot was cut from chests, from titans. You canā€™t go to a rare titanium after arrival and get a bonus.
The account of the war has led to the fact that victories alternate with defeats, regardless of your efforts / skills. You fight well - they will give more and more powerful opponents. You fight poorly - more and more weak. As a result, in 80% of wars, the winners can be called right away. Iā€™m not talking about top alliances, where there are simply no ā€œstrongerā€ ones.

Well, I have officially completed todays challenges, meaning I have completed everything in POV.
My mind can finally relax for 10 days lol.

7 Likes

You know what, @Imbolthead? Itā€™s okay to not be able to complete it this time. Youā€™ll get stronger and be able to complete it in the future.

Remember when you couldnā€™t complete the 5th stage of the Rare quests? You got stronger and now you can.

Remember working your way through the map? For a while you couldnā€™t beat the Dark Lord. Now you can

Same with this. Look at where you fell short and work on getting stronger there for next time.
And next time, wait to buy until the end and see if the rewards are worth it to you.

10 Likes

You know me NPNKY? I have NOT completed the dark lord AND I am not able to do ALL the rare 5th grade quests. SO thank you. I fell short because we needed 3500+ powered teams to be able to defeat those challenges, and I am stlll less than 3000 being that I am a newer player. SO, your advance is no help. They need to make it easier for newer players without big guns yet, or make an alternative for us that we can handle, nuff said.

Itā€™s a slow game, and itā€™s designed to stay slow for quite a while if you donā€™t buy. Thatā€™s SGG business. I only bought the Rudolph special at first, so no easy heroes for me. I spent a week farming 7-7 because 8-7 was tough. I had trouble getting to 12-9, so spent weeks farming 8-7. And I played harder than a lot of people, never using autoplay so I could farm as high as possible. My TC13 was a bust, but it did eventually give me Skittleskull three months into the game so I could have a rainbow 4* then.

Now some people are advancing faster by paying, and in some ways they are. They can pay and do more summons and be very picky about which heroes to level. The game is designed to reward spending that way. Accelerating base building is really expensive, but VIP does help. And you want to build up. Just bringing the forge up is important to do the rare quests for the first time, plus all the class quests. You donā€™t need a 3500 team or whatever the game says. You need experience slinging tiles, useful items, and so on.

Can Path of Valor do a better job of making all sorts of players feel like theyā€™re participating? Yes! SGG will do whatever they have planned, but I would suggest they remove these cliffs. For example, instead of ending up 3150 points short on challenge events, they could have five stages to that quest, 1000 points each. And I donā€™t think they need to scale up other things as well. Kill 5 for 50 points, kill 10 for 125, kill 15 for 225? Thereā€™s no need for that. It should perhaps work like kill 5/10/15 for 65/135/200 or kill 10/10/10 for 120/135/150.

The prizes on the pay side of POV look right for the price. Iā€™d suggest shuffling things a little to get the telescope to reward tier 48. That should sell POV pass a little more. On the free side, I think the rewards need somewhat of an overall boost to encourage people to do it. Iā€™d recommend cramming rewards down a bit so the rings end up at tier 48, then put attraction items at tier 50. Iā€™d move the Telluria avatar to free tier 50 and include there EHT, some loot tickets, and a bit of everything (1 costume key, etc.) ā€” make a big long list, they can afford 1 tornado, 1 nugget, etc.

1 Like

You will advance over time as @NPNKY already said. Take your time in this game and be happy about your achievements! I donā€™t know how far you got the PoV, but try to get further in the next one! At one point your roster will be strong enough to have 3500+ and more and then you will be able to complete further parts of the game, be it class trials, Atlantis levels or beating the dark lord!

Just look at what you have received, not at what you think you missedā€¦

1 Like

Just to add my 2 cents on this. In some cases, paying for heroes can actually slow things down. Basically, people may get a 5* hero and then start using resources on leveling, but then hit the AM roadblock. In the meantime, they have neglected base building which means they get further behind in the mid-term as others simply spend resources building up their base. At the start of a new account, Iā€™d say only the VIP would help get a jump on things due to the second builder.

2 Likes

No, I donā€™t know you, @Imbolthead . I thought you were an experienced player. Some content in this game is not meant for newer players, and thatā€™s okay. If you could complete everything in the game by level 30, what would be the point of playing longer? This game is a marathon, not a sprint.

My advice still stands. Level up your heroes. Hone your skills. Eventually you will be able to complete PoV. Eventually you will be able to beat the Dark Lord. Eventually youā€™ll be able to beat stage 5 of the Rare Quests. Eventually youā€™ll be able to complete all 3 tiers of the Challenge Events.

Consider these as goals to work for.

And next time, wait to buy the pass until you see how far you can get.

5 Likes

I am disappointed by valor. I spent the 10.00. I need 1 telescope to level up Isarnia and 1 set of rings to level up black knight. I know they will come in time, but I should have finished. I am level 59 and have the leveled heroes to back up that level. Unfortunately the only one I missed was the final event goal for rare, epic and legendary. It was frustrating for me because I work in the grocery store field and I did long hours and worked on my day off that weekend. It is frustrating that I went through all of that to miss one thing and not get the items I needed to continue on heroes. This is my 2 cents about the event.

1 Like

I can certainly understand your frustration, @Misty1. That particular challenge was very unforgiving. Thereā€™s a suggestion thread for SG to revise that one next time.

2 Likes

Ty for the quick response. I appreciate the Information.

1 Like

they should extend the POV end for a week to give everyone to win. Not everyone are able to do the changellence event and those dont reach the final tier of POV, and those are the one that probably need those 2 items, and adding to this one of the events was hard as ****

2 Likes